IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Burg on Monday (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=109271)

IndianaSprintFan 5/21/19 6:20 PM

Burg on Monday

Does anyone know if we can expect Larson Bell or any of the other “nascar” guys again this year

Charles Nungester 5/21/19 6:30 PM

Re: Burg on Monday

They have the last two or three years, As well as a few USAC regulars, Carson Short, Ballou, Bacon and others, Several All stars, FAST and OVSCS drivers as well.

Can't know what's on their schedule for sure. But some of them are more likely than not. It's a Monday, Holiday and unless rain messes with the nascar schedule. It's a green card to race.

IndianaSprintFan 5/21/19 6:59 PM

Trying to get some first timers to go and sometimes telling them Stewart, Kahne and Larson are going to be racing helps. I’m not much on wings but have always enjoyed them at burg and tri state.

hoosierboy3 5/21/19 7:01 PM

In the past, both Kahne and Larson have. Obviously Kahne is on the sidelines for awhile. Also - and this is pure speculation on my part before anyone jumps my rear - is there a chance that the boss man Chip has pulled the plug on the open wheel racing for Larson right now? I feel like he hasn’t been in a sprinter in awhile and I know he’s been struggling all year before his all star win of course. I hope not, I always look forward to seeing him at the Burg.

billw 5/21/19 7:02 PM

i doubt stewart will be racing..he hasnt ran with the woo since the tshirt debacle last february

arctic monkey21 5/21/19 7:08 PM

Kyle will be there Monday per his website. He will also run the two nights at Charlotte this weekend.

brsteg 5/21/19 10:14 PM

No Kasey Kahne, sidelined with injury from earlier in the season.

Leroy Jenkins 5/21/19 10:28 PM

I'd rather watch a regular show at The Burg instead of the follow the leader outlaws

treecitytornado 5/21/19 11:33 PM

Leroy, I've watched several WoO shows at The Burg with plenty of passing!! Especially in the 35 Lap A-Main! There can be Winged & Non-Wing shows that are follow the leader!
Depends on track conditions! I've started 15th & ran 5th at The Burg Non-Wing. I've also started 10th & ran 8th. With a Wing same thing! Never ran a Wing at The Burg. Came through the field at Atomic,Skyline, etc., before though.

hoosierboy3 5/22/19 2:04 AM

Pretty exciting race at Bridgeport tonight. I’d prefer a non wing local show as well, but when it comes to sanctioning bodies, I would rather watch the outlaws than the NOS energy millennials of USAC

Charles Nungester 5/22/19 5:24 AM

I believe Johnny Gibson has Burg ranked 6th of the hundreds of tracks he's been too

2017 WoO

IndianaSprintFan 5/22/19 8:39 AM

The last 3 years are on YouTube. I encourage anyone who thinks it’s just another follow the leader outlaws race to go watch. They have been anything but. All 3 were fantastic races

Wingman 5/22/19 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins (Post 513528)
I'd rather watch a regular show at The Burg instead of the follow the leader outlaws

Good. Stay home.

The WOO show has been awesome the last couple years.

dsc1600 5/22/19 10:42 AM

I understand people having preference for one or the other, but Lawrenceburg WoO has been insane the last few years especially 2 years ago.

brsteg 5/22/19 3:50 PM

Christopher Bell officially expected in the Swindell #39 per team release. (Bell will also be at Fremont on Sunday)

motorhead748 5/22/19 3:56 PM

I'm hoping the weather is good as I plan to bring my lady friend. And her best friend who has never been too a race.
I don't get bashing racing or race tracks just because of the divisions running. Whether a local show or special support and bring bodies with you.

Leroy Jenkins 5/22/19 5:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingman (Post 513544)
Good. Stay home.

The WOO show has been awesome the last couple years.

I will, I don't care what "famous" drivers are there and I'm not paying $45 to get in

FrankR63 5/22/19 5:44 PM

You would ***** if you were hung with a new rope. Nobody cares dude

revjimk 5/22/19 6:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoosierboy3 (Post 513520)
In the past, both Kahne and Larson have. Obviously Kahne is on the sidelines for awhile. Also - and this is pure speculation on my part before anyone jumps my rear - is there a chance that the boss man Chip has pulled the plug on the open wheel racing for Larson right now? I feel like he hasn’t been in a sprinter in awhile and I know he’s been struggling all year before his all star win of course. I hope not, I always look forward to seeing him at the Burg.

They "pulled the plug" on non wing sprints for Kyle quite a while ago (at least last year) Wing cars & midgets are OK :41::

chrismattlin 5/22/19 6:19 PM

Tony Stewart said on NASCAR America this evening that he's racing Fri., Sat., Sun., and Monday. So, unless there's a race on Monday that I don't know about, he will be at The 'Burg.

billw 5/22/19 6:28 PM

stewart is running with uscs this weekend...theyre at lexington 104 speedway in tn monday night

Sandy Lowe 5/22/19 7:23 PM

Ticket prices for the World of Outlaws sprint show Monday at Lawrenceburg:
General Admission: (Turns 1 & 2 Area)
Adults: $30
Kids 7-12: $7
6 & Under: FREE

Reserved Seating: (Main Grand Stand on Front Stretch)
$35 (all ages)

Pit Pass: $45 (all ages)

SPRINTCAR 5/23/19 3:18 PM

:47:I have been going to dirt races my whole life and the dirt that gets churned up at Lawrenceburg for a Woo race makes it unbearable to watch. I'll stay home. Thank you.

brsteg 5/23/19 3:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPRINTCAR (Post 513659)
:47:I have been going to dirt races my whole life and the dirt that gets churned up at Lawrenceburg for a Woo race makes it unbearable to watch. I'll stay home. Thank you.

The real problem is when they rebuilt the track they left the sun right in the middle of turns 3&4.

IndianaSprintFan 5/27/19 9:52 PM

Larson wins.

flagboy55 5/27/19 10:27 PM

I watched on Dirtvision. Was a pretty good race. I thought the track was good with a nice cushion all around. Too bad Christopher kinda got crowded over the cushion and turned over. I don’t drive that far for winged races, unless it’s one of the big ones, but if I were going to, the Burg and Haubstadt would the ones I would attend. Looked like a good race and good crowd. But I’ll wait to see what Chuck says

Charles Nungester 5/27/19 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flagboy55 (Post 514090)
I watched on Dirtvision. Was a pretty good race. I thought the track was good with a nice cushion all around. Too bad Christopher kinda got crowded over the cushion and turned over. I don’t drive that far for winged races, unless it’s one of the big ones, but if I were going to, the Burg and Haubstadt would the ones I would attend. Looked like a good race and good crowd. But I’ll wait to see what Chuck says

Wasn't there, so you know more than I do.
Havin a little relapse on health issues so was as good as I can be today and see what nurses and dr's say tomorrow.

IndianaSprintFan 5/27/19 11:30 PM

I won’t say Larson put him int the wall. But some will say he did(I think bell would have probably raced the same roles reversed) Very good race. Esp for wing cars. Wish the 2 could have duked it out till the end. Love seeing them both show up and put it on the outlaws. I’m sure video will be up tomorrow so we can see for sure

Charles Nungester 5/27/19 11:43 PM

Just seen a short clip of the replay of the Larson Bell incident, They never touched. Might say he was forced up into the curb but not punted there.

dsc1600 5/28/19 12:06 AM

I don’t think there was much Bell could have done other than crash by himself or with Larson given the way Larson crowded him.

Was a good race, could have been great but the yellows would come out every 7-8 laps or so which robbed us of the leaders in lapped traffic.

jdull99 5/28/19 1:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndianaSprintFan (Post 513515)
Does anyone know if we can expect Larson Bell or any of the other “nascar” guys again this year

Sweet, Kraig Kinser, & Rico can count as "Nascar guys" too (lol)...they made starts in the 2nd/3rd tier of it anyway...

MBoersma 5/29/19 7:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsc1600 (Post 514099)
I don’t think there was much Bell could have done other than crash by himself or with Larson given the way Larson crowded him.

Was a good race, could have been great but the yellows would come out every 7-8 laps or so which robbed us of the leaders in lapped traffic.

Both cars had a brake pedal in them...

scottyCbus 5/29/19 8:57 AM

The racing was awesome Monday night. Larson had the line Bell didn't back down so he wrecked totally his fault and a racing deal. Feature was action packed all threw out the field. Totally not follow the leader lots of battles going on. For all you people who say I'm not going because the WoO sucks and it's dusty, theres no passing etc. Well you missed a heck of a race. Plus it was only $30 bucks for GA! Was it dusty yes but that's how the outlaws race. Get it over! Plus WhoGivesASchatz didn't win either! :):6::32:

Rhody 5/29/19 4:18 PM

Has anybody watched the in car from Bell's car? Larson crossed the track big time, there is no way Bell is going to expect that. No racer ever, would have been getting on the brakes in time to avoid that.

Charles Nungester 5/29/19 7:47 PM

Watch the WoO highlights? Bell stuck it up there, biked the cushion and flipped.

hoosierboy3 5/30/19 2:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhody (Post 514182)
Has anybody watched the in car from Bell's car? Larson crossed the track big time, there is no way Bell is going to expect that. No racer ever, would have been getting on the brakes in time to avoid that.

I thought the exact same when I watched it. Larson gave him the line or could’ve gotten squirrelly then stuffed the right rear up there maybe as an attempt to recover from the hiccup and run the top or a block. Can’t tell if contact was made but definitely nothing Bell could’ve done

brsteg 5/30/19 11:45 AM

Kyle Larson is my #1 driver... CBell is my #2 driver (Be interesting to see if that can continue like that.. lol) but what I saw live and then confirmed in my mind after watching replays is that Larson absolutely crowded Christopher and that lead to Christopher jumping the cushion because he had no where else to go.
Larson was down a lane after getting sideways on the frontstretch and Bell was not far enough beside Larson soon enough for Larson to know he was there; so Kyle went for the cushion because he thought it was his corner. From Christopher's view point Kyle had left a lane on the top for him to get to the outside and the break in Kyle's momentum from being sideways allowed him to get halfway beside him entering the corner but only just got there, and Larson made the call to drive up to the cushion. I watched the replay in slow motion, and Bell did jump on brakes as you can see the nose dive, but he was in too far too late and as he went above the cushion to avoid contact, the lip and a tap from Larson's RR to Bell's LF was enough to send him for a ride.

Was it a product of just hard racing without mirrors and spotters, yes. Is it technically Kyle's fault.. I think so; going from a lane down up to the cushion when you know your in the middle of a battle, is a risk move. But that's racing.