IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Reno = Bankrupt (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=108375)

Nate 3/11/19 10:36 PM

Reno = Bankrupt

So Reno announced he no longer has the money (that he said he had, to his point “in escrow”) to pay off his outstanding debts to keep Chandler in possession (as if anyone’s surprised).

So now he says he’s declaring bankruptcy to stop the sale of the track. How desperate can you be? There was a time where a group of us (with zero knowledge of actually running a track) considered crowd funding an attempt to buy the track. At this point, I honestly think it may be a viable option instead of this fool being in possession of the joint.

jim goerge 3/11/19 11:39 PM

Re: Reno = Bankrupt

Like I have said before I won"t believe Reno even if I see it, and Neverland Speedway will sit as a dump :7::7:

Chief Wahoo 3/12/19 12:19 AM

Sad a schiester like this took advantage of people. Grow up Reno and take responsibility for your actions.

Movieland Speedpark 3/12/19 8:04 PM

https://www.tristatehomepage.com/new...way/1843800215

Griffittsmotorsports 3/12/19 8:50 PM

Stop talking about it and do it then :deadhorse:

Chief Wahoo 3/12/19 9:07 PM

So what's the point of waiting one day before the auction? Just do it now :10:

Midget98 3/12/19 9:23 PM

Generally, you have to pay a bankruptcy lawyer and there's a good possibility that Reno doesn't even have enough for that. I hope the auction happens and old Reno stays off of this page for the rest of his days.

Jerry Shaw 3/13/19 5:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo (Post 510072)
Sad a schiester like this took advantage of people. Grow up Reno and take responsibility for your actions.

IMO, at no point during this situation has this even closely resembled an investment opportunity or a place one should consider sending their money to. For the ones that may have, it was only a matter of time until they received the Nigerian email about the deposed prince from a small nation, who needs your help in unlocking his fortune and that money would have been lost, anyway. :):)

Chase Hightower 3/13/19 8:27 AM

Good to see Reno has plans up until 2075 for the track. He should be 120 years old roughly at that point. I think most of his problems in the past have been because of a lack of planning and setting goals? About five weeks until race time at his new track, I can't wait. This bankruptcy/taking advantage of the law deal he's doing should fix everything.
Wow is all I can say!

thunder31 3/13/19 9:29 AM

Don't worry Reno is going to pay the bankruptcy lawyer with a family four pack of lifetime passes to Movieland Speedpark, status of "Official Movieland Speedpark Attorney", rainbows, puppies, a unicorn, and an autographed set list from a 1970 Elvis concert. LOL

Griffittsmotorsports 3/13/19 10:19 AM

What I’m not understanding is he has been telling everyone he has 2.5 million in escrow to pay off everything ? Well let’s hear the excuse in 3.2.1...

Nate 3/13/19 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffittsmotorsports (Post 510163)
What I’m not understanding is he has been telling everyone he has 2.5 million in escrow to pay off everything ? Well let’s hear the excuse in 3.2.1...

He's saving that for the world's largest guitar shaped swimming pool :5:

Chief Wahoo 3/13/19 12:52 PM

[IMG]http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/t...psx7cknjtv.jpg[/IMG]

tdt636 3/13/19 3:51 PM

Reno Fontana sounds like the name of a character in Blazing Saddles

BrentTFunk 3/13/19 5:14 PM

Does this mean there will be no Movieland POWRi series, or is it moving somewhere else?

Nate 3/13/19 5:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The best thing Ive seen on internet in the past 24 hours

Griffittsmotorsports 3/13/19 5:32 PM

He has ban 95% of Indiana from the track ... lol if you question him in anyway he lifetime bans you from Movieland speedpark . Hell it’ll be funny to see him even open it with everyone ban he will only have 3 to 4 cars there 😂😂😂

Nate 3/13/19 5:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffittsmotorsports (Post 510194)
He has ban 95% of Indiana from the track ... lol if you question him in anyway he lifetime bans you from Movieland speedpark . Hell it’ll be funny to see him even open it with everyone ban he will only have 3 to 4 cars there 😂😂😂

They apparently deleted the guys comment then because it was gone minutes later lol.

MIracing 3/13/19 6:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdt636 (Post 510187)

Blazing Saddles is more believable than this.

Crankin 3/13/19 8:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrentTFunk (Post 510192)
Does this mean there will be no Movieland POWRi series, or is it moving somewhere else?

Putting the track drama aside, I kind of doubt this was going to happen anyway.
Was pretty surprised that KB even thought about hooking up with this guy (avon something or other... Sorry, drawing a blank at the moment on his name).
Can’t count how many “midget orgs” this guy has started, and then moved on in the last 5 years.
When he did have races, they usually consisted of about 6 cars.
Although I’m sure well intentioned, these type of deals hurt the sport more than help it. Promoters get a bad taste permanently in their mouth about Midget racing when 6 cars show up. Or. Schedule a race at Shady Hill, then abandon it to suddenly be a pavement org.?

BrentTFunk 3/14/19 5:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crankin (Post 510204)
Putting the track drama aside, I kind of doubt this was going to happen anyway.
Was pretty surprised that KB even thought about hooking up with this guy (avon something or other... Sorry, drawing a blank at the moment on his name).
Can’t count how many “midget orgs” this guy has started, and then moved on in the last 5 years.
When he did have races, they usually consisted of about 6 cars.
Although I’m sure well intentioned, these type of deals hurt the sport more than help it. Promoters get a bad taste permanently in their mouth about Midget racing when 6 cars show up. Or. Schedule a race at Shady Hill, then abandon it to suddenly be a pavement org.?

He has been awful quiet

Vookie 3/14/19 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrentTFunk (Post 510192)

Red Hill Raceway.

Jerry Shaw 3/14/19 1:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vookie (Post 510225)
Red Hill Raceway.

The shame is that Red Hill was such a beautiful facility, that has just sat there idle for so many years.

Jerry

superstock30 3/14/19 2:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vookie (Post 510225)
Red Hill Raceway.

That's a good one.

I also heard discussion of Jungle Park!!!

Nate 3/14/19 2:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw (Post 510229)
The shame is that Red Hill was such a beautiful facility, that has just sat there idle for so many years.

Jerry

Yet it's probably still in better shape than Chandler...

17d71mwin 3/14/19 2:36 PM

Its still is a beautiful facility. I live down the road from it and drive by it daily. The place is always mowed and kept up.

Griffittsmotorsports 3/16/19 10:51 AM

https://www.facebook.com/35712508805...788806?sfns=mo

revjimk 3/16/19 1:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdt636 (Post 510187)

Good one....:5:

Chief Wahoo 3/19/19 8:10 AM

Hell of a racing career. Guess it was another pipe dream.

View career statistics for Reno Fontana

Race Site Cars St Fin # Sponsor / Owner Car Laps Money Status Led Rank
1 Sonoma 28 23 18 16 Hollywood Reporter (Dave Phelps)
Crew Chief: Brad McFarren Pontiac 47/50 675 running 0 18

2 Mesa Marin 28 23 14 16 Hollywood Reporter / Renfon (Dave Phelps)
Crew Chief: Brad McFarren Pontiac 180/200 450 crash 0 15

4 Spokane 24 14 17 16 Hollywood Reporter (Dave Phelps)
Crew Chief: Brad McFarren Pontiac 30/100 1,000 clutch 0 17

5 Portland 20 17 10 16 Hollywood Reporter (Dave Phelps)
Crew Chief: Brad McFarren Pontiac 183/200 575 running 0 11

6 Evergreen 30 27 22 16 Hollywood Reporter (Dave Phelps)
Crew Chief: Brad McFarren Pontiac 232/500 1,200 running 0 12

7 Mesa Marin 25 19 16 16 Jaehne / Hollywood Reporter (Dave Phelps)
Crew Chief: Brad McFarren Pontiac 188/200 430 running 0 11
DNQs, WDs or driver changes (DC)

3 Riverside DNQ 16 Hollywood Reporter (Reno Fontana)
Crew Chief: Brad McFarren Pontiac

Unlucky#9 3/19/19 8:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crankin (Post 510204)

Avon Open Wheel Fan(Jay Tinder)

Also I find it sad that in the video for the auction tomorrow they listed "Zoned commercial........ possible development". That just says to me that they're trying to draw in investors to make the track into a subdivision.

Nate 3/19/19 9:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unlucky#9 (Post 510410)

Also I find it sad that in the video for the auction tomorrow they listed "Zoned commercial........ possible development". That just says to me that they're trying to draw in investors to make the track into a subdivision.

If you've ever been to Chandler, I can tell you that the land being developed into condos or a subdivision wouldn't be very likely (I'm not an engineer though). The property is mostly wetlands. Floods very easily and holds water.

That said, today is bankruptcy day...still nothing out of the Movieland/Presleyland/Neverland camp. Probably still out collecting cans to try to pay for a lawyer.

Dirtfan 3/19/19 9:46 AM

No worries,I'm in Haubstaubt today,meeting with my banker & a plethora of investors,I've never owned a race track,but have been to a couple.

Chief Wahoo 3/19/19 1:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unlucky#9 (Post 510410)

They could build the flood plane up ( don’t know how much dirt it would take ), but I could see it more as a warehouse facility then anything.

Griffittsmotorsports 3/19/19 2:41 PM

From what I know there is afew promoters of other tracks looking at it and going to the auction.. will see tho

Nate 3/20/19 9:33 AM

Wow...he actually filed for bankruptcy and halted the sale. I'm sure he'll be on social media bragging about it later today, as if he accomplished something positive by filing for Ch. 11.

Griffittsmotorsports 3/20/19 10:48 AM

Who knows what will happen.. but let’s be honest here who in their right mind will race at a track the owner is in bankruptcy?

interpreter66 3/20/19 7:07 PM

Tune in tomorrow when Reno comes out of bankruptcy to purchase the Indianapolis motor Speedway and firmly states that he’s going to turn it into a dirt track ! With racing every Wednesday afternoon starting at 1:15 sharp!
Race pay out
1st -$10,000.00
2nd- $5,000.00
3rd - an all expense paid trip to Graceland
Everybody else 1 1/2 shares in movie land speed park

Vookie 3/20/19 7:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate (Post 510456)
Wow...he actually filed for bankruptcy and halted the sale. I'm sure he'll be on social media bragging about it later today, as if he accomplished something positive by filing for Ch. 11.

So I guess that opening night is in doubt?

Chris Nunn 3/21/19 1:31 PM

I've officially been blocked by Reno on Facebook and barred for life from Movieland Speedpark.

I'm not sure what to do with my life anymore.

Griffittsmotorsports 3/21/19 2:16 PM

Join the other 95% of Indiana and Kentucky did ya ? I been on that list for over a year now :D:3::3::3: