IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New low for Tony Stewart (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=106511)

Chief Wahoo 10/4/18 9:29 PM

New low for Tony Stewart

Tony has stooped to all time low. The man who use to gripe about Goodyear tires, NASCAR rules, and track conditions at the Chili Bowl and in Australia has reached a all time low. The classless turd has to rub it in Ballou's face. Sends him a letter saying he can't participate in the ASCoC race at Kokomo, even though he's been banned from there for the remaining of the year. And apparently from one of Ballou's comments, he wasn't told about the track bans during the USAC meeting which included "Key Track Industry Partners". I know some are tired of hearing about this, but this was uncalled for by Tony. Good luck Robert this weekend at Jacksonville. See you at TSS next week. Give 'em hell!
http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps17u8ivrn.jpg

Sprint63122 10/4/18 9:57 PM

Re: New low for Tony Stewart

Lets see how long this one stays posted this place is deleting everything and checking messages all because of a little wannabe and a spoiled brat with some titles. Here is the funny thing they say ballou bashing tracks keeps people away but I have not read any post using that as a reason over the past couple years but will say I have seen posts in this past week because of this deal blaming the series and tracks on the council for there latest unbelievable actions for not going to them the past weekend and cancelling trips for this week , so I wonder who did the real damage here just saying.

Sandy Lowe 10/4/18 10:49 PM

So would you rather he shows up at the track and then is told he can’t race?

the visitor 10/4/18 11:05 PM

Poor Tony .......I guess He just cant get enough attention !!!!!! Just Let it Go Tony ...Just Let it Go !!!!!

nathans1012 10/4/18 11:12 PM

In the USAC release it stated he was suspended from USAC races, Lawrenceburg, & Kokomo for the rest of 2018. So maybe this was just a letter that was being sent anyway. Not really a low. Yes Tony b!t*#d about NASCAR and got fined for it just like Ryan Newman has. Lately NASCAR has kept their fines under wraps. They both have been fined for their outburst. Last time Newman said something it cost him $25k.

yeleyfan76 10/4/18 11:15 PM

I’d rather he show up and race. The comment about someone dying was over the top and it appears he understaands that. Phony Stewart got his precious feelings hurt and went out to set an example. Your track and the other up north jumped on Phony’s shirt tails and banned him cause he said ur track sucked which it did on the nites he posted. Funny how they were both better after all of this started.
As for Chief Wahoo; I’m not tired of hearing it at all. It should be continuously brought up so the “Key Industry Partners” are reminded how bad their decision was. Keep posting about it and maybe it will make people think twice before following one of motorsports biggest phonies.

yeleyfan76 10/4/18 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathans1012 (Post 503299)
In the USAC release it stated he was suspended from USAC races, Lawrenceburg, & Kokomo for the rest of 2018. So maybe this was just a letter that was being sent anyway. Not really a low. Yes Tony b!t*#d about NASCAR and got fined for it just like Ryan Newman has. Lately NASCAR has kept their fines under wraps. They both have been fined for their outburst. Last time Newman said something it cost him $25k.

Were they suspended??? I’ll bet not. One of apples and oranges. Phony Stewart proved it’s only ok when it benefits him.

nathans1012 10/4/18 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 (Post 503301)
Were they suspended??? I’ll bet not. One of apples and oranges. Phony Stewart proved it’s only ok when it benefits him.

While I do kind of feel bad for Robert not being able to race.
This could have all been avoided if Robert would have just stuck a sock in it.
This time Tony called him on it and offered the track prep duties to him.
Do something so many time and it will eventually bit ya in the butt.
This wasn't this first time and we all know that.
Let me ask this.
Let say Robert did show up at Kokomo and then proceed to whine about the track prep.
What happens then?
It may have been a little over the top for the letter to be sent.
I'll bet this is a lesson learned.

7horse 10/4/18 11:57 PM

Ballou would smoke Stewart on any track in a non wing sprint car

racefan20 10/4/18 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathans1012 (Post 503302)
While I do kind of feel bad for Robert not being able to race.
This could have all been avoided if Robert would have just stuck a sock in it.
This time Tony called him on it and offered the track prep duties to him.
Do something so many time and it will eventually bit ya in the butt.
This wasn't this first time and we all know that.
Let me ask this.
Let say Robert did show up at Kokomo and then proceed to whine about the track prep.
What happens then?
It may have been a little over the top for the letter to be sent.
I'll bet this is a lesson learned.

Please turn the BOLD off on your posts it hurts the eyes.

GYATK94 10/5/18 12:17 AM

Points 10/5/18 12:21 AM

Maybe he could just use a different name at sign in. How about Blaze Johnson:3:

Nate 10/5/18 3:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Lowe (Post 503297)
So would you rather he shows up at the track and then is told he can’t race?

Robert said last week he’s suspended from running at Kokomo for the remainder of 2018 so the idea he’d show up there to race is non-existent.

This is purely Stewart trying to flex his muscle under the blanket of his series to further insult Ballou.

That said, this all needs to end. Robert makes some good points when it comes to safety at times that I very much agree with. Other times, I’m not onboard with what he says at all. Perhaps social media isn’t the best forum to state your issues but the other side is just as guilty of committing the same crime.

People are saying Ballou is just whining. How exactly did Stewart make a name for himself? From the time he became really well know in the open wheel ranks until the time he retired from TRASHCAR he was always vocal whether he was calling out other drivers, the sanctioning body, tracks, tire manufacturers, TV broadcasters, etc. If you think I’m full of if, just check out YouTube.

Furthermore, you’ve got series officials firing back at him and fans on social media and even here on IOW. That’s what your press releases are for, if you’re going to get in a pissin’ match with fans over the internet you’re no better than Ballou calling tracks or series out. If a driver calling out a track is detrimental to the sport than I’d consider series officials or high profile folks like Smoke answering said drivers in an unprofessional manner as just as detrimental.

At the end of the day it’s a sorry situation.

motorhead748 10/5/18 7:26 AM

I know it doesn't make a difference but my trip to Kokomo that I'd been looking forward to is cancelled.

Chief Wahoo 10/5/18 8:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7horse (Post 503304)
Ballou would smoke Stewart on any track in a non wing sprint car

With the way Tony has been running this year, Ballou would smoke him with a wing. Carson Macedeo jumped in Tony's car for the first time and won. Shortly thereafter Tony finally got his first win this year, or in quite some time.

ossuks 10/5/18 9:22 AM

I think all these people complaining about USAC are just auditing for a job there .....Most of you are going hmmmm? But, some of you are going Hmmmm!! Few will see this, fewer will find the humor!

stoney 10/5/18 9:28 AM

What a little *****. hey tony grow some ****!

Rpracing1 10/5/18 9:33 AM

Just another in a long line of Classless moves by the Stewart organization.

K92 10/5/18 10:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate (Post 503311)
Robert said last week he’s suspended from running at Kokomo for the remainder of 2018 so the idea he’d show up there to race is non-existent.

This is purely Stewart trying to flex his muscle under the blanket of his series to further insult Ballou.

That said, this all needs to end. Robert makes some good points when it comes to safety at times that I very much agree with. Other times, I’m not onboard with what he says at all. Perhaps social media isn’t the best forum to state your issues but the other side is just as guilty of committing the same crime.

People are saying Ballou is just whining. How exactly did Stewart make a name for himself? From the time he became really well know in the open wheel ranks until the time he retired from TRASHCAR he was always vocal whether he was calling out other drivers, the sanctioning body, tracks, tire manufacturers, TV broadcasters, etc. If you think I’m full of if, just check out YouTube.

Furthermore, you’ve got series officials firing back at him and fans on social media and even here on IOW. That’s what your press releases are for, if you’re going to get in a pissin’ match with fans over the internet you’re no better than Ballou calling tracks or series out. If a driver calling out a track is detrimental to the sport than I’d consider series officials or high profile folks like Smoke answering said drivers in an unprofessional manner as just as detrimental.

At the end of the day it’s a sorry situation.

Here is the thing, if you are going to gripe about other peoples safety, when is he going to start looking out for his own. look at how close his head is to the top of the roll cage here! the belts stretch during a flip. I know there is another photo circulating the internet somewhere where his car is on his side and his helmet is clearly out of the top of the cage!

and with the rest of this suspension bs, quit :deadhorse:

chrismattlin 10/5/18 10:24 AM

Tony has been a d-bag for a looooong time, so no real surprise there for me. However, this whole episode has just soured me on Sprint car racing in general.

The 'Burg is my home track, I've always loved USAC, and I always enjoy and look forward to my trips to Kokomo. I guess none of the three have any integrity left in my mind, and it's massively disappointing. These are not values that I would hope that the racing entities I support would hold.

I look to my dirt-track open-wheel brethren as a boisterous, ragtag bunch of hellraisers- that's what makes it all attractive to me. All this drama seems to me to be crossing the line of bridling that spirit. It's sad, really.

#FreeBallou

Mrs G 10/5/18 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sprint63122 (Post 503292)
Lets see how long this one stays posted this place is deleting everything and checking messages all because of a little wannabe and a spoiled brat with some titles.

I'm not sure who or what your source of information is, Dan, but you are way off!

"This place" has the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason. You've been on this board long enough to have already familiarized yourself with forum rules, but it looks like a reminder might be needed, https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/misc.php?do=showrules. If you can't agree to disagree without name calling, trying to repost a thread or post that's already been deleted or intentionally pot-stirring, you might want to move on to another board.

Many forums have fallen apart after becoming consumed by petty squabbling or having useful information drowned in a sea of stupidity and nonsense, and that is the fate that is actively trying to be avoided here!

chrismattlin 10/5/18 10:49 AM

Just to add to my previous post...
This was not some action which Ballou did, it was just something he said. The sanction, and these tracks have made a mountain out of a mole hill simply by making an issue out of this. "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.". Venerable, ole USAC, I thought, was above something like this; but hey, derangement in 2018 is thick.

ROSS 10/5/18 11:11 AM

[quote=Mrs G;503326]I'm not sure who or what your source of information is, Dan, but you are way off!

"This place" has the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason. You've been on this board long enough to have already familiarized yourself with forum rules, but it looks like a reminder might be needed, https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/misc.php?do=showrules. If you can't agree to disagree without name calling, trying to repost a thread or post that's already been deleted or intentionally pot-stirring, you might want to move on to another board.

Many forums have fallen apart after becoming consumed by petty squabbling or having useful information drowned in a sea of stupidity and nonsense, and that is the fate that is actively trying to be avoided here!

Crazy how things come full circle in this world. But Mrs.G he can say and do whatever he wants in this world. He is entitled to this board and anything else he wants. What about his freedom of speech? Good luck getting these 6 or 8 guys to understand what you are telling them.

sprintcarjim 10/5/18 11:29 AM

It's going to rain out all the races this weekend unfortunately. So I say let's put Stewart and Ballou out on the front stretch and let them settle it face to face. Lol. And when ballou gets done taking care of business, he can call out any track officials and track owners he'd like and finish it once and for all. ... lol. I'd pay to see that.

IN RACE FAN 10/5/18 11:43 AM

I'm looking forward to a great show at Kokomo on Saturday. Hope the weather cooperates and they can get it in.

captrat 10/5/18 1:03 PM

It seems to me that what we are witnessing is the coming together of a few influential track owners with very thin skins and unfortunately the inability to see a larger picture. We often hear about how racing needs characters, rivalries, etc. I have been around for the Gary & Larry Show, Opperman & Weld, Kinser & Swindell, et al. Seems to me they put butts in the seats, not the opposite. USAC cow towing to these promoters at the expense of a single individual because he expressed an opinion is evidence of their own self-imposed lack of independence. There are plenty of historical examples of past so-called indiscretions by some of the very people involved in this decision with no punishment. The punishment does not fit the so-called crime. The real crime here is the irresponsible control being wielded by a few over what is purported to be an independent sanctioning body. It is this kind of debacle that leads to the general perception we are closer to being a circus rather than a professional sport.

Nate 10/5/18 2:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K92 (Post 503324)
I know there is another photo circulating the internet somewhere where his car is on his side and his helmet is clearly out of the top of the cage!

I've seen a few people circulating that photo, if only people would realize he's climbing out at the time of the photo, of course he's hanging halfway out of the car...

Cage Faraday 10/5/18 3:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo (Post 503291)
Tony has stooped to all time low. The man who use to gripe about Goodyear tires, NASCAR rules, and track conditions at the Chili Bowl and in Australia has reached a all time low. The classless turd has to rub it in Ballou's face. Sends him a letter saying he can't participate in the ASCoC race at Kokomo, even though he's been banned from there for the remaining of the year. And apparently from one of Ballou's comments, he wasn't told about the track bans during the USAC meeting which included "Key Track Industry Partners". I know some are tired of hearing about this, but this was uncalled for by Tony. Good luck Robert this weekend at Jacksonville. See you at TSS next week. Give 'em hell!
http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps17u8ivrn.jpg

Yea, I have to agree with you, I saw that letter on twitter this afternoon. I expected RB wouldn't be able to run with Stewy's little group since they were gonna be at Kokomo and that track was on the lists of No-Go's for RB, but the letter just adds a little more smack to an already childish butt-hurt situation. I may have to change my cats name now(Smoke) to "A---hole" or something else I find endearing. Sadly I can't change my birthday that I share with that dude from Columbus, Indiana, but either way this letter sure comes across as brat-boy nonsense. I'm sure its some sort of official legal cover your assets deal, but it just smarts that much more. Ordered my #FREEEBALLOU shirts today, can't wait to break them out in Ocala in 2019.

nathans1012 10/5/18 4:58 PM

[quote=ROSS;503329]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs G (Post 503326)
I'm not sure who or what your source of information is, Dan, but you are way off!

Crazy how things come full circle in this world. But Mrs.G he can say and do whatever he wants in this world. He is entitled to this board and anything else he wants. What about his freedom of speech? Good luck getting these 6 or 8 guys to understand what you are telling them.

Freedom of speech only applies to government and censorship.

illinifan 10/5/18 5:00 PM

So far Jacksonville is not rained out, and according to the pic I just saw on another post, Ballou and Stewart will both be there running with wings. I for once, am finally glad I live in central Illinois to be able to see, first hand, what happens on the track tonight. I’ll be there in my Ballou shirt hoping he passes him for the win! That would be sweet!

Hamby454 10/5/18 6:05 PM

I’m not going to stand here and agree with how tony is handling this. On the other hand Ballou openly lying and bashing Kokomo before he received his letter didn’t help anything. I will never understand how people can be a fan of someone and support them through poor decisions. Quit turning a blind eye to what ballou is doing just so you can attempt to point the finger at tony.

Hamby454 10/5/18 6:18 PM

And 1 other thing that so many people here seem to continue to miss is that ballou was warned, several times, over a 2 year period to not post on social media. That if he had an issue to air it out in person. Hit is in the usac rule book about posting on social media. This wasn’t his first or 2nd or 3rd or 10th run in with this exact same issue. This has been on going for years after being warned and having meetings about it. At some point they have to step in a shut it down. It’s a shame it’s come to this and it’s a shame a grown man can’t just stop crying on social media when asked. And let’s not forget the multiple ****** harassment cases that were swept under the rug....

Charles Nungester 10/5/18 6:29 PM

:44:

B99 10/5/18 6:41 PM

From the video I just saw it looks like ballou and Stewart are 2 pit stalls from each other at Jacksonville

7horse 10/5/18 6:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs G (Post 503326)

Oh I see no freedom of speech allowed here either just like twitter

DAD 10/5/18 7:33 PM

[QUOTE=7horse;503369]Oh I see no freedom of speech allowed here either just like twitter[/QUOTe

My 7th Grade Civics teacher (way before PC) taught us that our "First Amendment Rights Stopped 2 inches short of the other guys fists" :) Ms.G has a business to run and she can run it how she thinks fit. That is her Right>>>Thank God we live in America.:) If you don't like twitter or you don't like IOW go somewhere that you happy.

Charles Nungester 10/5/18 7:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7horse (Post 503369)
Oh I see no freedom of speech allowed here either just like twitter

It's her site and there is a terms of service. However you are Free to go elsewhere if you don't like it.

sprintcarjim 10/5/18 9:23 PM

C-c-c-cant we all just get along. Lol

hoscalecody 10/5/18 9:47 PM

In my opinion Robert's complaining was getting old, but he has a right to complain. The way he complained was very unprofessional and went at it like a 12 year old middle school kid crying over social media. Then Tony responded to Robert's post being as immature as Robert was. You handle this whole situation like the grown adults that you are in person and not social media. So in my opinion suspension may be a little harsh, but having been warned multiple times of the last few years it's also well deserved. Also this isn't the first time suspensions were carried over from one series to another, but suspending him from the ASoC was a little immature and a big FU in my opinion since he was already suspended from the track of their last race.

mc/rider 10/5/18 9:53 PM

Tony, you've done tons of good for many facets of racing. Thank you. But spin one car out and your a dirty driver forever