IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   LPS - July 6th & 7th - Bill Gardner Sprintacular (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=104886)

Lincoln Park Speedway 6/22/18 7:20 AM

LPS - July 6th & 7th - Bill Gardner Sprintacular

Friday July 6th is Night 1 of the Bill Gardner Sprintacular.
USAC sprints, USAC D2, Modifieds, Super Stocks, and Bombers
Main Gate will open at 4:45pm
General Admission is $25.00
Pit Gate will open at 4:30pm
Pit Admission is $30.00
Kids 10 and under free

Saturday July 7th is Night 2 of Bill Gardner Sprintacular
MSCS Sprints, Modifieds, Super Stocks, and Bombers
Main Gate will open at 4:30pm
General Admission $25.00
Pit Gate will open at 3:00pm
Pit Admission $30.00
Kids 10 and under free

Lincoln Park Speedway 6/26/18 2:00 PM

Re: LPS - July 6th & 7th - Bill Gardner Sprintacular

Things to remember:

1) Free camping in the RV area. Campers are welcome to pull in July 5th and remain until July8th.
2) Carry-in alcohol is not permitted.
3) No glass containers.
4) No opened drinks are permitted (example big gulp cups, bottled drinks, etc.)

Mrs G 6/26/18 4:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
2018 Sprintacular shirt design- Make sure you pick one up!

Lincoln Park Speedway 6/29/18 8:11 AM

We are one week away from the Bill Gardner Sprintacular!

jim goerge 6/29/18 8:29 AM

I"ll be there even if I have to walk If I do I should have left Tuesday ;) :8: Very sharp looking shirts

Lincoln Park Speedway 7/1/18 9:33 AM

Bump

Dblchkrs 7/2/18 2:03 PM

Can't wait! Nice shirts! Save me one!🏁🏁🏁

i love dirt track racing 7/2/18 2:42 PM

Our racing family's will be in house this weekend at lps. Looking forward to seeing all of the great racing family's and have a great weekend. And of course I need another " bill Gardner sprint car racing event shirt. " thanks for all the great things that bill and his family have done for all the great racing fans and teams. Simply the best. Thanks.

Mrs G 7/2/18 5:26 PM

I’ve been reminiscing by going through old photos and former posts by Bill. The following was posted 4-years ago yesterday in a thread talking about favorite Sprintweek memories. I thought it was interesting given the fact that IOW was one of his greatest accomplishments, but yet he insisted it wouldn’t have happened without each of you!

Bill Gardner (Offline)
#12 7/1/14 10:47 AM
Name: Bill Gardner
City/State: Cloverdale, Indiana
Zip Code: 46120

I remember standing behind Terry Pletch waiting to get a pit pass at Lawrenceburg the night after he won at Terre Haute. Several people walked up to tell him great job and I remember his response... I did not do it on my own. One of his greatest achievements and yet still so humble.

All my favorite sprint week memories involve people. I rarely think about the on track racing action.

Bill Gardner
bill@indianaopenwheel.com

jim goerge 7/3/18 1:20 AM

I can"t wait for these two nights of racing to honor my friend. I just know he"ll be looking down at the track with that ornery grin (Mrs. G"s words) watching. Thanks Bill for this wonderful web site, and thank you Mrs. G for keeping it going Hope to see all my friends there and some new ones too. :8:

Mrs G 7/3/18 8:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Another one of my favorites. I can remember this like it was yesterday. Bill had been having a very rough couple of days in the hospital, and in walks Joe, Jill and Steve Reutemann with this poster-sized picture. He immediately got a huge smile on his face, and it was as if he was pain free for the moment. If you knew Bill well enough, you knew that if you were on the receiving end of the "single finger salute", it was meant with love. The picture remained in his hospital room for the duration of his stay, and now proudly hangs in our home office. I am forever grateful to Joe, Jill, Steve and Chris Pedersen (racephoto1) for this memory!

7/21/14, 9:48 PM
Bill Gardner
City/State: Cloverdale, Indiana
Zip Code: 46120

This type of humor may not seem normal for some people, but I treat it as a form of love.

I've had a tough few days in thej hospital and I'm still not still not finished yet,

Just make sure your life is full of the laugher & enjoyment of the type of people in this photo.

I love you guys!! Put on the show and kick sum butt!!!

Sorry for typos... I'm been on so me heavy doeses of Pain medices.

Mrs G 7/5/18 6:24 AM

We are just one day out and the weather forecast looks perfect!

I don’t know about you but I’m looking forward to a relaxing weekend full of family, friends and racing!

wildman92 7/5/18 6:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs G (Post 497425)

I don’t know about you but I’m looking forward to a relaxing weekend full of family, friends and racing!

And ice cream!!

Mrs G 7/5/18 7:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildman92 (Post 497426)
And ice cream!!

Of course! I have no idea how I forgot the ice cream! 🍦

Al Pierce 7/5/18 10:59 AM

Here's best wishes for a great weekend of racing and a great get together at the Gardner spectacular. I didn't know Bill real well, but I knew him well enough to pass along some race talk and get his perspective on racing and sometimes life in general. I enjoyed chatting with him many times as he cruised along in his golf cart. I am happy that we have not just a race, but an event named in his honor. Unfortunately, I am unable to attend due to plans made months ago. We are in Hawaii soaking up some hot tropical sun (like we don't have enough in Indiana). I do wish everyone the best and I guarantee that I won't miss it next summer.

Mrs G 7/5/18 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Pierce (Post 497439)
Here's best wishes for a great weekend of racing and a great get together at the Gardner spectacular. I didn't know Bill real well, but I knew him well enough to pass along some race talk and get his perspective on racing and sometimes life in general. I enjoyed chatting with him many times as he cruised along in his golf cart. I am happy that we have not just a race, but an event named in his honor. Unfortunately, I am unable to attend due to plans made months ago. We are in Hawaii soaking up some hot tropical sun (like we don't have enough in Indiana). I do wish everyone the best and I guarantee that I won't miss it next summer.

Even though we will miss you, I hope you make more memories than you can handle during your amazing trip, Al!

Lincoln Park Speedway 7/5/18 3:53 PM

The weather is looking to be fantastic for the weekend! A little bit of rain is taking care of the water truck's job, and it is bringing in more pleasant temperatures.
Friday 83/58
Saturday 82/58
Perfect weather for the Bill Gardner Sprintacular!!!

jim goerge 7/5/18 5:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs G (Post 497425)

I second that!!!!! :8:

Dblchkrs 7/5/18 8:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildman92 (Post 497426)
And ice cream!!

And dessert!!

Lincoln Park Speedway 7/6/18 9:11 AM

The Bill Gardner Sprintacular is finally here!
A couple things to note:
1) Friday Gate Opening Changes - 4:30pm for Pit Gate and 4:45 for Main Gate
2) Make sure the kids hold onto their kids tickets! The Indiana Open Wheel Kids Club will be drawing for gift bags at the conclusion of each classes heat races!

HoosierMikey 7/6/18 11:38 AM

Anybody at the track yet?

Dirtfan 7/6/18 1:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Pierce (Post 497439)

Enjoy Al,don't indulge in too much Primo while you're there.
Spent some time there myself when I was working for Uncle Sam,some things I remember,some I don't Lol.

reeserx 7/6/18 1:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoosierMikey (Post 497501)
Anybody at the track yet?

Just got here about 15 mins ago, weather is beautiful, track looks great

flagboy55 7/6/18 3:43 PM

Thankfully my ride reconsidered, too many classes almost scared him away. But we're on our way!

Mrs G 7/6/18 4:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
She’s ready!

mlamb 7/6/18 5:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirtfan (Post 497509)
Enjoy Al,don't indulge in too much Primo while you're there.
Spent some time there myself when I was working for Uncle Sam,some things I remember,some I don't Lol.

Thank you....for your service Dan! 🇺🇸

trannyman 7/6/18 6:20 PM

We're here with our D2 midget.Been told there are 23 D2s.Lots of sprints.Hell,these pits are pretty full!Great weather,nice breeze.Get on out here and see some good racing.

Hops 7/6/18 7:04 PM

37 sprints.

sprintcarjim 7/6/18 7:14 PM

Does anyone know what frequency usac is using tonight? Trying to find it so I can listen to the officials. Thanks

Racingblues 7/6/18 8:13 PM

Updates?

addictedtodirt 7/6/18 8:17 PM

Try the USAC app. It's free and the audio is top knotch.

Listening in here at RT 44.

Rpracing1 7/6/18 8:29 PM

A race track should not be able to be in business if they only have access to one ambulance. Sorry.

BigWheel7 7/6/18 8:29 PM

Hopefully the race is good for those who were able to make it in. I drove through around 7:45 and there wasn’t a spot left. Cars were parked all the way to 40 on both entrances. Haven’t saw it that full unless it’s during Sprint Week.

Racingblues 7/6/18 8:35 PM

USAC hasn't had a update since the first heat race.

BigWheel7 7/6/18 8:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racingblues (Post 497536)
USAC hasn't had a update since the first heat race.

My father texted and said the ambulance left for a fan and then Andretti flipped down the front stretch in heat 2.

TQ29m 7/6/18 8:51 PM

Worst spell of ambulance I have ever seen!!!!

BigWheel7 7/6/18 8:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TQ29m (Post 497538)

Holy smokes. 🤮

Rpracing1 7/6/18 9:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TQ29m (Post 497538)

Bambulance.... That’s ok Wheel!

TQ29m 7/6/18 9:21 PM

Guy that used to help me called it bambulance, hope everyone is ok.

superstock30 7/6/18 10:09 PM

Stuck at work 😤 Any new updates?