IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bridgeport 5/8 (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=104817)

david mitchell 6/18/18 8:26 PM

Bridgeport 5/8

Imagine my surprise when I saw a bit of video from Bridgeport hot laps.They are running the 3/8 track,not the big track.Was this the way it appeared on the schedule.Why not the monster 5/8.So sad.☹️Need to check my usac schedule.

addictedtodirt 6/18/18 8:38 PM

What the heck is so sad? A non wing race being run by a national series in non wing country.
Find something else to b*tch about.

Charles Nungester 6/18/18 8:39 PM

Re: Bridgeport 5/8

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...Dilo5Y44c/edit

david mitchell 6/18/18 8:44 PM

Thanks Charles.I think addicted to dirt needs a chill pill😄Just wanted to know why they are not running the big track.

on_the_edge 6/18/18 9:11 PM

But it seems all you do is get on here to b*tch about something. Try adding value to a conversation instead of going at everything negatively.

Rpracing1 6/18/18 9:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by on_the_edge (Post 496343)
But it seems all you do is get on here to b*tch about something. Try adding value to a conversation instead of going at everything negatively.

Exactly! Same thing happened last year if I remember correctly.

SMH......

addictedtodirt 6/18/18 9:38 PM

Congrats to KTJ on the win and Issac Chapple on the top 10 finish.

I'll pour me another chill pill.

Charles Nungester 6/18/18 9:43 PM

That was a great race.

david mitchell 6/18/18 9:43 PM

Thomas Jr.,Windom,Courtney.Huh.

racinrich 6/18/18 9:51 PM

Last year poor David was on here with doom and gloom every time the weather looked a little iffy. He was extremely distressed that Sprint Week finished at Haubstadt; because it is not where he thinks the USAC "base" is. Finally he was really upset that USAC ended it's season at Perris in November where it's still 80 degrees rather than Indiana where it's 40. There is no way to win with this guy.

Crankin 6/18/18 10:04 PM

And don’t forget 7 different winners in 16 races is too “predictable”.

Big Game Hunter 6/18/18 10:09 PM

I agree with everything you said david mitchell your not ******** about anything

david mitchell 6/18/18 10:46 PM

Racin Rich ,believe me it is not always 80 degrees at Perris in November.I have spent many very cold nights there.Do I think Sprintweek should end at Kokomo yes.Do I think the Champion should be crowned here in the midwest ,yes.Do I think USAC should change their race format ,yes.Did I wonder why they were not running the big track tonight,yes.Why is it that topics the least bit controversial are deemed to be ********.I thought a forum was supposed to be a melting pot of ideas,and discussions.It seems controversy and fun are frowned at on this outlet.This is entertainment.

Big Game Hunter 6/19/18 12:02 AM

David Mitchell just said How Do Ya like me NOW! RacinRich. Lol

openwheelfan1 6/19/18 12:05 AM

I saw a release somewhere early in the year noting that MOST races at Bridgeport were going to be on the 3/8 this year. WoO is racing the 3/8 this year too.

revjimk 6/19/18 12:42 AM

How about "wingless cars are more fun to watch on smaller tracks"?
Thats how I feel, & I'm not alone.....

PJ Wright 6/19/18 4:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david mitchell (Post 496337)
Imagine my surprise when I saw a bit of video from Bridgeport hot laps.They are running the 3/8 track,not the big track.Was this the way it appeared on the schedule.Why not the monster 5/8.So sad.☹️Need to check my usac schedule.

Here's a heads up for you david mitchell: Next year when the sprintweek schedule says Indy, it's NOT going to be on the big track.:6:

BrentTFunk 6/19/18 5:57 AM

Bridgeport built the smaller track because no one really wanted to run the massive 5/8 anymore.

Backitin 6/19/18 7:26 AM

The 5/8 mile was built by the former promoter of Flemington speedway, the fastest 5/8 mile clay track in the world before "progress" swallowed it up.
Personally I prefer nonwing cars on a 3/8 as opposed to a 5/8 mile. The big track is best suited for the big block mods. Those pigs need the room.
ps the most impressive show of outright speed I ever saw was doug wolfgang at Flemington. He averaged either 141 or 146 mph in his winged car. It looked like cheating death the whole time. I've seen things go way faster but none scarier.

david mitchell 6/19/18 7:30 AM

See,P.J gets it.Fun.I loved that response.Personally,I hope the Speedway never happens,much rather go back to Gas City with improved seating.😹🏁

Big Game Hunter 6/19/18 7:52 AM

So why is Sprintweek not going to be at IMS this year explain that one to us cause that was the big talk of it being there this year and didn't happen since you think it will be there next year. What you work for USAC and IMS

mc/rider 6/19/18 8:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Game Hunter (Post 496372)
So why is Sprintweek not going to be at IMS this year explain that one to us cause that was the big talk of it being there this year and didn't happen since you think it will be there next year. What you work for USAC and IMS

The Speedway wasnt built in a day.Us dreamers know good things take time :32:

Big Game Hunter 6/19/18 9:26 AM

Yeah it's a 2.5 mile track I'm talking about a 1/4 mile dirt track this has been talked about for awhile it should of already been done. HOW DO YA LIKE ME NOW!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

jjones752 6/19/18 10:46 AM

Why wouldn't USAC run the 2.5 mile; so sad...
(sarcasm alert :D)

addictedtodirt 6/19/18 11:56 AM

The dirt track at IMS is now being constructed. It took some time to do the I and cross the t, but it is happening. Step away from the keyboard and show some support in September.

Jim Gardner 6/19/18 12:06 PM

I'm convinced Big Game Hunter is david mitchell's burner account.

Charles Nungester 6/19/18 12:25 PM

Don't feed the Troll.

TQ29m 6/19/18 12:27 PM

Sarcasm noted!!

Charles Nungester 6/19/18 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Nungester (Post 496346)
That was a great race.

Why yes, It was a great race Chuck! I thought so too!

Birdsboro 6/19/18 2:17 PM

i won't lie, i was actually hoping they would run the 1/4 mile track instead...... bring alittle indiana bullring racing to the east.

Ty 6/19/18 3:17 PM

It was advertised when this show first came out that it was going to be on the new 3/8th mile track. It turned out to be a much better show than I'm sure it would've been on the 5/8th. Guys barely want to race at Terre Haute anymore, 5/8th Bridgeport makes Terre Haute look like a 1/4 mile. It's 5/8th around the inside of the track

Ty 6/19/18 3:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Birdsboro (Post 496402)
i won't lie, i was actually hoping they would run the 1/4 mile track instead...... bring alittle indiana bullring racing to the east.

It wouldn't have been that great of a show on the 1/4 mile. It isn't banked enough and it's pretty narrow for sprint cars. What I would love to see is a triple crown at Bridgeport with midgets on the 1/4 mile, sprint cars on the 3/8, and silver crown on the 5/8.

brsteg 6/19/18 3:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david mitchell (Post 496352)
Racin Rich ,believe me it is not always 80 degrees at Perris in November.I have spent many very cold nights there.Do I think Sprintweek should end at Kokomo yes.Do I think the Champion should be crowned here in the midwest ,yes.Do I think USAC should change their race format ,yes.Did I wonder why they were not running the big track tonight,yes.Why is it that topics the least bit controversial are deemed to be ********.I thought a forum was supposed to be a melting pot of ideas,and discussions.It seems controversy and fun are frowned at on this outlet.This is entertainment.

What do you like? What should be unchanged?

jim goerge 6/19/18 11:14 PM

If I answered David and Game Hunter the way I want I think Mrs G would tell me to leave and never come back :17: Have never seen anyone who is so such a b^^^^ reminds me of my ex :11;

revjimk 6/19/18 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ty (Post 496409)
It wouldn't have been that great of a show on the 1/4 mile. It isn't banked enough and it's pretty narrow for sprint cars. What I would love to see is a triple crown at Bridgeport with midgets on the 1/4 mile, sprint cars on the 3/8, and silver crown on the 5/8.

Thats actually an excellent idea!

flagboy55 6/20/18 12:48 AM

I'm in the minority but I'm glad David keeps posting, he is entertaining. While I love bullrings the best races are on the half miles, or perhaps I should say "were" on the half miles. Eldora is no longer the great track that it's reputation was built on, and Terre Haute is only close to what it once was when mother nature adds enough water. I'm not bashing, just stating fact. I still go to both every chance I get. These tracks in their prime added an element to racing that bullrings cannot duplicate. That element might be called speed!

Kydehart 6/20/18 1:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flagboy55 (Post 496446)
I'm in the minority but I'm glad David keeps posting, he is entertaining. While I love bullrings the best races are on the half miles, or perhaps I should say "were" on the half miles. Eldora is no longer the great track that it's reputation was built on, and Terre Haute is only close to what it once was when mother nature adds enough water. I'm not bashing, just stating fact. I still go to both every chance I get. These tracks in their prime added an element to racing that bullrings cannot duplicate. That element might be called speed!

I absolutely agree. Get a half mile track right for non wing sprint cars and you have a sight to behold. Impossible to beat. Bullrings are awesome for the winged cars because they don't have to worry about clean air or horsepower. Big tracks with winged cars are just chassis dynos.

Backitin 6/20/18 9:34 AM

I see the winner of weedsport was actually complaining that his car made too much power. Imagine that 900hp being too much, that's a first for me to hear a dirt driver saying he had too much motor. They must have thought they were running the 5/8 Bridgeport track or were running a central PA winged race.

Rpracing1 6/20/18 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backitin (Post 496460)
I see the winner of weedsport was actually complaining that his car made too much power. Imagine that 900hp being too much, that's a first for me to hear a dirt driver saying he had too much motor. They must have thought they were running the 5/8 Bridgeport track or were running a central PA winged race.

Don't think it was a complaint, more of a concern of hooking the car up.

Big Game Hunter 6/20/18 4:08 PM

Hey Jim this is not David Mitchell's burner account I'm on here to talk about racing not somelses account