IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Lake Ozark, Missouri … (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=119959)

cowboyhar69 4/9/22 7:38 PM

Extreme Sprints….34 entries… WoO…38. I’d post the heat lineups but never have figured out how to post a photo on here.

nathans1012 4/9/22 10:43 PM

Re: Lake Ozark, Missouri …

Xtreme Outlaw Series 410 Non-Wing Sprints

Feature Line-Up at Lake Ozar Speedway tonight.

NOTES - 11W Wyatt Burks & 24 Landon Simon will start 23rd & 24th.

https://i.imgur.com/aBnjkqN.jpg

Charles Nungester 4/9/22 11:11 PM

Ballou came from fifteenth to the lead of the consi in five laps. All the tread was chunked off half the rr. Ballou on Twitter, We just had a price increase for this crap:?

Rhody 4/9/22 11:51 PM

It's Ballou, take it with a grain of salt. A driver with talent would keep the tires on the car. I'm hearing a lot of excuses post race.

Charles Nungester 4/9/22 11:51 PM

Leary, Ballou from 17th, Cockrum Xtreme finish Bacon spun with seven to go while leading

Carson Short and Alex Bright took big flips

Charles Nungester 4/9/22 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhody (Post 550763)
It's Ballou, take it with a grain of salt. A driver with talent would keep the tires on the car. I'm hearing a lot of excuses post race.

Did you see a pic of the tire? They just don't rip half the tread away while the rest looks new

Haulinmail 4/9/22 11:55 PM

Do people still listen to Ballous vomit. He made alot of enemies with his mess with the bull get the horns theory.

flagboy55 4/10/22 12:03 AM

Rhody. A driver with talent? A former USAC sprint champion? They just don’t give that title out without earning it. I am a Robert fan. He doesn’t always represent himself well. But to say he is talentless would be an idiotic mistake

Charles Nungester 4/10/22 12:09 AM

Fifteenth to win the B.
Seventeenth to lead in A finished second.

Hate him or love to hate him. L. O. T. is a B.S statement

Also give him dibs as being on the day job of putting up the guardrail for T.H.A T

nathans1012 4/10/22 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhody (Post 550763)

Put a can in it. I don't see you out there! Robert damn near won the feature from a 17th starting position on a slick track. :10:
Good Day.

Rhody 4/10/22 1:00 AM

Robert likes to run his mouth, I can return the favor. And yes, I have run sprint cars, the whole paying bills and having a day job has been a reality for me my ENTIRE career. I didn't have a top notch 410 with a Don Ott engine at 16. So Robert can call me out, but the keyboard warriors can stay behind their keyboards.

revjimk 4/10/22 1:01 AM

Damn, feeling under the weather, forgot all about it
I wonder when they'll post the replay? :14:

badcoupe 4/10/22 3:17 AM

So much for Xtreme winning lol very few heavy hitters in the lineup mostly backmarkers.

jscott101 4/10/22 7:51 AM

Who else would you like to see?

Bacon, Ballou, Leary, Swanson, Cockrum, Clouser, McDougal…

Charles Nungester 4/10/22 8:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jscott101 (Post 550777)
Who else would you like to see?

Bacon, Ballou, Leary, Swanson, Cockrum, Clouser, McDougal…

I wouldn't say backmarkers at all but Four of the top fifteen NW's were there

And

The results didn't show it but Bacon is a BEAST

miledirt 4/10/22 8:41 AM

In my opinion, that was a very impressive night last night by WRG

BrentTFunk 4/10/22 8:44 AM

I thought it was an entertaining race. Car count was helped by it being co sanctioned by WAR. No series is going to have 26 full time racers. When this all started, all I heard is how this will make racers more money. I agree to a point. If a team runs USAC and runs Extreme instead of local shows, they should make more. I thought this was interesting, the feature purse last night was $22,425. The USAC shows in MO next month the feature purse is $25,100. Not many support classes make what Extreme paid last night. I also thought Johnny Gibson was really good talking up the series before turning the mic over to Rob Klepper.

Charles Nungester 4/10/22 8:46 AM

Highlights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUwpojSFEZY

Charles Nungester 4/10/22 10:44 AM

Bacon blew on lap 28 in WoO battling for lead. Here's Jacob Allens Winner) tire after 30 of what was shortened from the TRIBUTE advertised race of 41 laps

If I didn't know better, Hoosier is self creating its shortage by making tires that won't last more than one race. Sure surfaces make a difference but Wow. just wow.

https://twitter.com/AlwaysRaceDay/st...373765/photo/1

Ballou's consi tire
https://twitter.com/robertballou81/s...541252/photo/1

progressive22 4/10/22 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhody (Post 550770)
Robert likes to run his mouth, I can return the favor. And yes, I have run sprint cars, the whole paying bills and having a day job has been a reality for me my ENTIRE career. I didn't have a top notch 410 with a Don Ott engine at 16. So Robert can call me out, but the keyboard warriors can stay behind their keyboards.

Sounds like you like to run your mouth too? How many USAC wins you got?:17:

BrentTFunk 4/10/22 11:00 AM

Track was definitely abrasive. This has happened before. As for the price increase, everything is affected by fuel prices. Price gouging is hurting everything. Maybe it will lead to tracks packed looser, and side by side racing instead of slide jobs.

TommyTipover 4/10/22 11:03 AM

Quote:

Oooh...tough guy. Your opinion doesn't mean anymore than anybody else. I stepped out behind my keyboard, what are you going to do about it tough guy?

dsc1600 4/10/22 11:04 AM

I think they did a nice job showcasing the new series but if they’re going to run them again with the WoO sprints, they need to make some tweaks to the program to ensure good track conditions for both A Mains. Having said that, the heat races for the Woo last night were the best of the year by far.

nathans1012 4/10/22 11:26 AM

Robert Ballou's Right Rear after the Xtreme Outlaw Series 410 Non-Wing Sprint Car B-Main at Lake Ozark Speedway - 4/9/2022

https://i.imgur.com/zsDTQmk.jpg

opnwhlmnd 4/10/22 12:05 PM

Interesting part of the night for me was the top two had USAC Racing logos on their fire suits and not Extreme.

One of the top teams to announce they were running for the Extreme championship, KO Motorsports (Stockton/McDougal), were a no-show. Hoosier's obvious tire building issues cost the Extreme series a top team.

A cool spring night in an area that has had plenty of moisture and still with so many cars the track took rubber and ate tires despite the track crew reworking it several times. Can't wait to see the same program in the middle of the summer.

Hoosier makes DOT approved street tires that most likely would survive an a-main without cutting down the advertised number laps

ISF 4/10/22 12:11 PM

https://c.tenor.com/hRuurnEcQUoAAAAM...of-popcorn.gif:5::27:

PJ Wright 4/10/22 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrentTFunk (Post 550786)
Maybe it will lead to tracks packed looser, and side by side racing instead of slide jobs.

Now that's optimism!

PJ Wright 4/10/22 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathans1012 (Post 550792)
Robert Ballou's Right Rear after the Xtreme Outlaw Series 410 Non-Wing Sprint Car B-Main at Lake Ozark Speedway - 4/9/2022

https://i.imgur.com/zsDTQmk.jpg

That's ridiculous! I certainly don't agree with everything Robert says, but IMO he has every right to complain about that.

cshuman 4/10/22 1:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrentTFunk (Post 550780)
I thought it was an entertaining race. Car count was helped by it being co sanctioned by WAR. No series is going to have 26 full time racers. When this all started, all I heard is how this will make racers more money. I agree to a point. If a team runs USAC and runs Extreme instead of local shows, they should make more. I thought this was interesting, the feature purse last night was $22,425. The USAC shows in MO next month the feature purse is $25,100. Not many support classes make what Extreme paid last night. I also thought Johnny Gibson was really good talking up the series before turning the mic over to Rob Klepper.

Feature payout was $23,625 which was a standard or minimum payout for XOS, some will pay considerable more. It paid $100 to win each heat race, $100 for fast time and hard charger. Also paid out $2,700 in tow money to top point teams

reeserx 4/10/22 1:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd (Post 550795)
Interesting part of the night for me was the top two had USAC Racing logos on their fire suits and not Extreme.

One of the top teams to announce they were running for the Extreme championship, KO Motorsports (Stockton/McDougal), were a no-show. Hoosier's obvious tire building issues cost the Extreme series a top team.

A cool spring night in an area that has had plenty of moisture and still with so many cars the track took rubber and ate tires despite the track crew reworking it several times. Can't wait to see the same program in the middle of the summer.

Hoosier makes DOT approved street tires that most likely would survive an a-main without cutting down the advertised number laps

Stockon is suspended for their failed tire test which is why he wasn’t there.

nathans1012 4/10/22 1:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd (Post 550795)

Jason McDougle was there. Stockton wasn't because of a failed tire test. I watched the show on Dirt Vision.

sw1911 4/10/22 2:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Nungester (Post 550783)
Bacon blew on lap 28 in WoO battling for lead. Here's Jacob Allens Winner) tire after 30 of what was shortened from the TRIBUTE advertised race of 41 laps

Ballou's consi tire
https://twitter.com/robertballou81/s...541252/photo/1

Looks like a retread.

openwheelfan1 4/10/22 3:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathans1012 (Post 550802)
Jason McDougle was there. Stockton wasn't because of a failed tire test. I watched the show on Dirt Vision.

Yes, McDougal was driving for KKM in the #67. KO Motorsports was not in attendance at the Xtremeevent.

nathans1012 4/10/22 3:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by openwheelfan1 (Post 550805)
Yes, McDougal was driving for KKM in the #67. KO Motorsports was not in attendance at the Xtremeevent.

Yes I knew that. I was just pointing out he was there.

Wingsilvercrown355 4/10/22 4:16 PM

what did it pay to win the extreme feature ? My guess was 6000 to 10,000.

richie 4/10/22 4:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wingsilvercrown355 (Post 550807)
what did it pay to win the extreme feature ? My guess was 6000 to 10,000.

$5,000

cowboyhar69 4/10/22 4:42 PM

Still trying to find out how to post a photo on IOW…. Anyone? 😁

oldfan49 4/10/22 8:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrentTFunk (Post 550786)
Track was definitely abrasive. This has happened before. As for the price increase, everything is affected by fuel prices. Price gouging is hurting everything. Maybe it will lead to tracks packed looser, and side by side racing instead of slide jobs.

the track last night was actually pretty good for this part of the country. I remember one night some top name travelers in the pits at a Mo. race track comment they used a month worth of tires a night every time they come here.

yeleyfan76 4/10/22 9:11 PM

Quote:

Who are you and what have you ever won??? I want full complete details. I’ll then check to make sure you are not a bs artist. I’ll hope you have won a National title and have proven to help out other people like Mr. Ballou has. He ruffles quite a few feathers for sure, and sometimes he is his own worst enemy. Love him or hate him there is no way bs is going to be pulled over in him. Again who are you and what have you won. Congrats on working a day job and going racing. RB tries to compete with the BIG teams. Do you do that???

Charles Nungester 4/10/22 9:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 (Post 550821)
Who are you and what have you ever won??? I want full complete details. I’ll then check to make sure you are not a bs artist. I’ll hope you have won a National title and have proven to help out other people like Mr. Ballou has. He ruffles quite a few feathers for sure, and sometimes he is his own worst enemy. Love him or hate him there is no way bs is going to be pulled over in him. Again who are you and what have you won. Congrats on working a day job and going racing. RB tries to compete with the BIG teams. Do you do that???

I like the fact that he calls Ballou a whiner then goes on to whine about not having a don ott engine etc.