IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bob Sargent & TEI out @ THAT? (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=118561)

openwheelfan1 10/1/21 11:13 PM

Bob Sargent & TEI out @ THAT?

No, we were’t at THAT tonight, but we did watch on FLO. A couple of times the comments by Tony Laporta and Pat Sullivan IMPLIED that this was perhaps the last race by Sargent and TEI at Terre Haute. We didn’t turn on the broadcast until the heats were starting, so maybe we missed something early in the broadcast. Did I misinterpret why I thought I heard?

Dirtfan 10/1/21 11:20 PM

I hope you misinterpreted what you heard,TEI has done an excellent job @ T.H.A.T.,can't think of who would take it over.

DJlives 10/1/21 11:41 PM

Yes it was the last Race at least for now for that promotional group

DJlives 10/1/21 11:42 PM

Yes it was the last Race at least for now for that promotional group at THAT

Chief Wahoo 10/2/21 12:32 PM

Re: Bob Sargent & TEI out @ THAT?

Yeah I heard them say THAT over the PA last night. Sure hope someone with equal know how steps up. THAT track has been in excellent condition over the last few years and has provided some great shows.

openwheelfan1 10/2/21 1:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJlives (Post 544976)
Yes it was the last Race at least for now for that promotional group at THAT

Any word who is going to replace TEI at promoting racing at Terre Haute? Or is THAT done??

moss158 10/2/21 3:10 PM

Word I heard was O’Conner Family.

Chief Wahoo 10/2/21 3:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moss158 (Post 544994)

If that’s the case, then I don’t think we’ll have anything to worry about! :8:

Dirtfan 10/2/21 4:05 PM

Quote:

They tried it once?

ronmil 10/2/21 4:20 PM

I guess I wasn’t paying attention when they said that
I hate to see Bob Sargent go

HARFprez 10/2/21 5:15 PM

I also heard that the O'Connors will take over. Thanks to TEI for saving it all these years

Josh Spencer 10/2/21 9:29 PM

The O’Connors only do the track prep at the track. They DO NOT promote anything at Terre Haute. Hope this helps clear the air.

Josh Spencer

Quote:

miledirt 10/3/21 6:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh Spencer (Post 545007)
The O’Connors only do the track prep at the track. They DO NOT promote anything at Terre Haute. Hope this helps clear the air.

Josh Spencer

TEI not doing the promotion.... O'Connors only do prep

So who is promoting in '22

flagboy55 10/3/21 10:18 AM

I’m hoping that it stays the same, in that we’re just talking about a contract that has expired and just needs to be redone for 22 and beyond. Bob and crew have been doing a good job and I hope they continue. The last time I remember really being totally disappointed with it was a few years ago at a season opening Sumar race and it was blowing dust from the first car on the track. Regardless, I sure hope, if not TEI, someone steps up to keep the legendary facility alive and well for years to come

dctracy79 10/4/21 2:03 PM

Heard it is Spiker; Got the contract for '22

ronmil 10/4/21 2:50 PM

If Joe Spiker continues, he will have as many tracks under his promotion as Bob Sargent!

sjracer26 10/4/21 3:01 PM

From what I have heard is that it is a new group. Not TEI, not Spiker either. Rest assured the track is not going anywhere. Patience is key, all info will be released when the time is right.

Rapid Rick 10/4/21 8:56 PM

Having attended most USAC events at Action Track for over 50 yrs. I just hope the next promoter does as well. Not only track preparation, but I really appreciate keeping things moving as well. I can remember when this wasn't always the case.

Joe Schaub 10/7/21 6:44 PM

https://www.tribstar.com/sports/spor..._medium=social

PIT CART 10/7/21 7:29 PM

I think it’s strange that they will not say who’s the new promoter of the track yet.

Steve Wendel 10/7/21 8:35 PM

I think the new promoter will have big shoes to fill! Track Enterprises have always been good about any questions you may have, just call, someone will give you an answer. Rainouts have always been taken care of by sending your money back! Good luck finding that anywhere else. Harf discounts for every race,its gonna be hard to beat that. I guess we will wait and see.

Dirtfan 10/7/21 8:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PIT CART (Post 545134)
I think it’s strange that they will not say who’s the new promoter of the track yet.

I would suspect that the Fair Board has to vote on it,legalities,contract
etc.
Personally I happy to see the one of the fair board members name,a familiar one.

hoosier sprinter 10/7/21 10:19 PM

Dan, curious who that is your referring to. Sounds like Bob deserved better treatment than that for all the success and hard work. I've never trusted the fair board.

Dirtfan 10/7/21 11:32 PM

John,read the Trib Star article on a previous post.

hoosier sprinter 10/8/21 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirtfan (Post 545145)
John,read the Trib Star article on a previous post.

Yeah, figured that's the guy, just checking.

wrtracing 10/8/21 4:56 PM

Ask Parker Price-Miller he may know😜

racefan20 10/8/21 5:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrtracing (Post 545168)
Ask Parker Price-Miller he may know😜

I think we may have a winner

Dirtfan 10/8/21 5:41 PM

Ding ding ding.

captrat 10/9/21 11:28 AM

Here come the wings!

Dirtfan 10/9/21 1:12 PM

Oh wings are fine along with the usual shows we've been accustomed to,even better for the Action Track.

Charles Nungester 10/9/21 1:36 PM

I think it stinks as TEI have been solid. Get told not to worry about it and the fair board pulls the plug. We know what happened one time when they went fishing. D.A almost worse than not running at all.

ThrowbackRacingTeam 10/9/21 2:44 PM

Hopefully not a wing promoter or you can kiss good track prep goodbye and they will most likely not run the traditional USAC shows the way we are accustomed to. Joe Spiker track prep not a fan of either. O’Conner would be good. This whole thing seem ridiculous as TEI was doing a great job and the last time a promoter came in making grandiose claims, we got Gerry Olsen and his dirt that screwed up the place for 20 years.

sw1911 10/9/21 5:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirtfan (Post 545191)
Oh wings are fine along with the usual shows we've been accustomed to,even better for the Action Track.

as long as we still get the usual shows

sw1911 10/9/21 5:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam (Post 545195)
Hopefully not a wing promoter or you can kiss good track prep goodbye and they will most likely not run the traditional USAC shows the way we are accustomed to. Joe Spiker track prep not a fan of either. O’Conner would be good. This whole thing seem ridiculous as TEI was doing a great job and the last time a promoter came in making grandiose claims, we got Gerry Olsen and his dirt that screwed up the place for 20 years.

He did look pretty stupid out there trying to work the track. I saw him at Tri State not too long after that hoping he wouldn't be recognized behind his foster grants. Who was the promoter of the Silver Crown race cancelled due to zero visibility?

ISF 10/10/21 8:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sw1911 (Post 545198)
He did look pretty stupid out there trying to work the track. I saw him at Tri State not too long after that hoping he wouldn't be recognized behind his foster grants. Who was the promoter of the Silver Crown race cancelled due to zero visibility?

I might be mistaken but IIRC USAC promoted that event. We were there that day. It was either Independence Day or very near. It was terrible dusty on the pace and parade laps and clearly obvious visibility was going to be zero. Our wrist bands were honored for the ISW event a couple of weeks later and they gave away free ISW T shirts to those who had Silver Crown wrist bands. Sarge and the O'Conner's were brought in for track prep of the later ISW event and the track was very good. Why they tried to run the Crown event during the day in early July remains a mystery!

leftrear 10/10/21 8:59 AM

T Mez was in that race and got ran over and his cage bent in a huge cloud of dust on the backstretch. You could not even figure out who hit who it was so bad. Really bad decisions made on that day .

DaleDuBois 10/10/21 5:10 PM

Here is some information about the THAT, maybe some don't know the history of the track.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terre_Haute_Action_Track