IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   USAC National Sprint Cars to Brownstown Speedway in 2008 (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=1507)

Chris Nunn 10/16/07 10:36 PM

USAC National Sprint Cars to Brownstown Speedway in 2008

Just got the word from Tim Keithley that the Lucas Oil USAC National Sprint Cars will make an appearance at Brownstown Speedway in early 2008

Three words

About Freakin Time

AERO410SCJA 10/16/07 10:39 PM

Re: USAC National Sprint Cars to Brownstown Speedway in 2008

HOPEFULLY A STAND ALONE EVENT!

two words
WATER TRUCK

PS I'm not stalking:angry-smiley-007:

Chris Nunn 10/16/07 10:43 PM

Youll probably have a support class...First time with the USAC guys at Brownstown, still iffy on exactly what kind of car count and crowd. So expect either Super Stocks or Modifieds.

A note on the track surface at the end of the year. It was pretty heavy with a cushion on top, which was exactly what we were trying to accomplish. So hopefully, things stay the same for next year.

Dwight Clock 10/16/07 10:51 PM

Outstanding! I thoroughly enjoyed my visit there this year and look forward to seeing USAC there next year. And your support class should be the bombers - they were awesome!:thumb:

FOR4 10/16/07 10:51 PM

Will this be a Saturday show? I hope they run super stocks. I love them and all their rowdy friends

Chris Nunn 10/16/07 10:53 PM

Yes, as far as I know it will be a Saturday night event.

Jake 10/16/07 11:03 PM

Hell, the sprints would prabably look like the support class at the end of the night if they were to run their weekly late models. hahaha

ronmil 10/16/07 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwight Clock (Post 14567)
Outstanding! I thoroughly enjoyed my visit there this year and look forward to seeing USAC there next year. And your support class should be the bombers - they were awesome!:thumb:

Dwight,

I second that notion!

FOR4 10/17/07 12:07 AM

OK ..when I was there a guy named Godsey (sp) won the race was that stocks or super stocks. The fans of those drivers are really fun to watch a race with. Thats the type of cars I would like to see as a support class. But I don't know enything.

Richard Murray
Bonehead

Joey Woods 10/17/07 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FOR4 (Post 14586)
OK ..when I was there a guy named Godsey (sp) won the race was that stocks or super stocks. The fans of those drivers are really fun to watch a race with. Thats the type of cars I would like to see as a support class. But I don't know enything.

Richard Murray
Bonehead

It was Probably Smokin Joe Godsey and could have been either or both.

FOR4 10/17/07 1:21 AM

Thank you . I have often thought about things like this.. I will say more later....and not on a public message borad....Thank you...Thank you.

cecil98 10/17/07 5:30 AM

Youll probably have a support class...Chris Nunn

I think it's wise to have "A" support class, especially since it's not a regular sprint car venue. It doesn't hurt to have the extra fans that the class will bring in and the pit gate that comes with it. Also, it'll provide concession/potty time for sprint fans while that class is running and vise versa. Add to that, it will also keep those fans who are not "class specific fans" entertained the entire evening.

Dirtfan 10/17/07 7:11 AM

As we all know Brownstown is a tin top track, lets all hope that SPRINT CARS go first so one is not there till ??? after the support class runs. JMO.

Knoke77 10/17/07 7:17 AM

Nothing like a good sprintcar race really close to home!

And Dan please don't get the tin top vs sprintcar debate going. If they run them first then they run them first. If not we just have to live with it. :D :Steer

Bruce Harrison 10/17/07 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knoke77 (Post 14599)
Nothing like a good sprintcar race really close to home!

And Dan please don't get the tin top vs sprintcar debate going. If they run them first then they run them first. If not we just have to live with it

Amen! Thanks to Tim Keithley for stepping up! :applaud:

Sprint Fan 10/17/07 12:27 PM

I am probably going to be the only person on here that would actually like to see a USAC & Late model ONLY event!

I think that would be totally awesome! :thumb:

:checkered:

Mr. Happy 10/17/07 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sprint Fan (Post 14623)
I am probably going to be the only person on here that would actually like to see a USAC & Late model ONLY event!

You're not alone! Bring on the late models!! :thumb:

cecil98 10/17/07 12:57 PM

I am probably going to be the only person on here that would actually like to see a USAC & Late model ONLY event!.....Sprint Fan

No sprintfan, You're not the only one. I think it's a great show when both sprinters and late models are on the card together. When I promoted L'Burg, we ran late models and sprints every Saturday. However, times have changed! I would pay the late models about 60% of what I paid the sprinters and I would get 40 of 'em and 30+ sprints. That was our regular show. It would be tough to pay'em both nowadays and keep prices reasonable for the fans (for a regular show, that is).

D.O. 10/17/07 1:58 PM

I would guess sometime in May.

E.P. 10/17/07 6:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sprint Fan (Post 14623)
I am probably going to be the only person on here that would actually like to see a USAC & Late ONLY event!

Your not the only one who would like to see the late models. I cut my teeth back in 83-89 traveling with the tin tops when UMP was still gaining momentum. But then I joined HARF for $10 and went to my first ever Midget race at IRP. I've never looked back. Back then Brownstown was the place to be on a Saturday night. As I recall that Godsey name was around back then with Ray at the wheel. :respect:

CAJ 10/17/07 6:28 PM

E.P.

Try these names on for size, I started riding to Brownstown with Jack Owens around 1968 and later on was catching a regular ride to B-town with Don Hobbs since he just lived up the road and had a couple of step-daughters my age.:D

But my heart belongs to sprint cars and has since the early 70's.

Jerry Shaw 10/17/07 7:05 PM

Other than the sprints opening for Indiana Midget Week, the Brownstown Bombers were the best support class action that I watched, all year. And had the most colorful legion of fans, as well. So, rather than dealing with the controversy of whether sprints or late models will be the main event (and it is tin top country, so there will be some), I say bring on the bombers.

Regardless of who runs, this is a cool old track and I'm glad they added it to the USAC schedule. I'll be there, for sure.

Jerry

Dwight Clock 10/17/07 7:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw (Post 14682)
Other than the sprints opening for Indiana Midget Week, the Brownstown Bombers were the best support class action that I watched, all year. So, rather than dealing with the controversy of whether sprints or late models will be the main event (and it is tin top country, so there will be some), I say bring on the bombers.

Regardless of who runs, this is a cool old track and I'm glad they added it to the USAC schedule. I'll be there, for sure.

Jerry

:applaud::thumb:

Heidi Drake 10/17/07 7:43 PM

YAY!!! Now I KNOW I get to go to Brownstown next year!!
Some of my favorite childhood memories include watching late model races at Brownstown. I can't wait to go back!

Chris Nunn 10/19/07 1:58 PM

Ive got bad news, unfortunately Bombers wont be the support class for that evening. Thats all I was told

#1Brad Kuhn Fan 10/19/07 2:05 PM

That is really coool.i have never been to that race track.

Chris Nunn 10/19/07 2:20 PM

Oh yeah I forgot, thats not the only Sprint show we are working on this year...Ill leave that for a cliffhanger

Mr. Happy 10/19/07 2:29 PM

Late Models!!! :thumb:

Chris Nunn 10/19/07 2:32 PM

Late Models will not be on the program...

Mr. Happy 10/19/07 2:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Nunn (Post 14960)
Late Models will not be on the program...

May I suggest septic truck (turd hearse) races then?!?!?!? :rolling:

Bill Gardner 10/19/07 3:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Happy (Post 14962)

:rolling:

Pat O'Connor Fan 10/19/07 4:01 PM

Quote:

septic truck (turd hearse) :rolling:

Here is Central Illinois we are more likely to refer to a David Bradley manure spreader than a septic truck as a turd hearse. :rolling::kookoo2:

Danny Burton 10/19/07 5:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAJ (Post 14673)
E.P.

Try these names on for size, I started riding to Brownstown with Jack Owens around 1968 and later on was catching a regular ride to B-town with Don Hobbs since he just lived up the road and had a couple of step-daughters my age.:D

But my heart belongs to sprint cars and has since the early 70's.

Man, that helps bring back the memories. Hobbs, Crockett, curry, Owens, G. Petro, Gene Sutton, Ira and Ezra Bastian.

Go back another 10 years and I can recall Bobby Black, Cecil Beavers, Orval Yeadon, etc.

Andrew S. Quinn 10/19/07 6:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Burton (Post 14993)
Man, that helps bring back the memories. Hobbs, Crockett, curry, Owens, G. Petro, Gene Sutton, Ira and Ezra Bastian.

Go back another 10 years and I can recall Bobby Black, Cecil Beavers, Orval Yeadon, etc.

Go back a few more yrs and you can remember Capt Eddie Rickenbacker,Alexander Winton,and Barney Oldfield.

CAJ 10/19/07 8:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Burton (Post 14993)

Danny, sent you a PM.

Barney 10/19/07 8:30 PM

We had a schedule conflict this year maybe next year will work better for us.:crying:

I look forward to going there for the first time.:thumb:

Joe Kidd 10/19/07 8:53 PM

Quote:

I'll take the old man that does the port-a-pots at Eldora during there big events. Sorry Jones but you got a few years to go before you can catch up to the old man. :wink1:

jjones776 10/19/07 11:50 PM

my trucks waaaaaay faster than his old "$hit box"!!! :rolling::rolling:

Mr. Happy 10/20/07 9:51 AM

I'll take jjones for teh win! :checkered: :rolling:

Danny Burton 10/20/07 5:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAJ (Post 15001)
Danny, sent you a PM.

Got it Chris, and will answer later. Hoover's buddy, the Sword Man, is in town. Already he's asked if there's a race this weekend. Didn't have the heart to tell him that Grandpa worked too late to go to Kokomo.