IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Fort Wayne Saturday (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=107531)

Midget 89 12/29/18 8:58 PM

Fort Wayne Saturday

Anyone that can update the Rumble midget results Saturday at Fort Wayne?

MIracing 12/29/18 11:02 PM

Not there but per twitter.

Kyle Hamilton, Jim Anderson, Billy Wease and Justin Peck won heats.

Geoff Kaiser won the first consy.

Cap Henry wins the second consy.

Will post the full feature line up when I see it.
Stewart and Rico both scratched for the night.

MIracing 12/29/18 11:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the feature line up. Peck is going to be tough to beat from the pole the way he looked last night. 24 that says NA I believe is Cory Setser

wildman92 12/30/18 1:07 AM

Saw on twitter that Peck won

rstar00 12/30/18 2:23 AM

Re: Fort Wayne Saturday

Geoff Kaiser started 9th and finished 4th and was only car in the top 4 to pass a car. Not a great race..

fish 12/30/18 3:11 AM

Justin Peck the winner in the midgets. John Ivy swept the weekend in the 600s, winning the winged & NW features both days.

MIracing 12/30/18 7:33 AM

Justin Peck, Jim Anderson, Joe Liguori, Geoff Kaiser and Nick Hamilton.

OnTheHammer 12/30/18 9:38 AM

Went Friday and left VERY disappointed in the lack of passing. Track went away quickly.

Stayed home Saturday. Glad I did.

I know, I know. It’s indoors....But Racing used to be better there.

stockracer 12/30/18 9:49 AM

I believe the Rumble issues are the cars have gotten to good,,just too fast and field is to even when you start only 15. In the non wing 600's a few years ago the rules were changed to get more of local outdoor cars to run,,it worked at first but, it is starting to fall off..Most of the field was outside-dirt cars brought inside, but Ivey car hasn't been run on dirt in some time...he isn't cheating but not exactly on same playing field...As long as there are special cars, in all sizes the Rumble will loose some of its luster...

mc/rider 12/30/18 10:11 AM

Skinnier tires might be the answer

OnTheHammer 12/30/18 12:45 PM

I had a few people comment that the track looked smaller. Are they moving the tires in further?

K92 12/30/18 3:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstar00 (Post 506953)
Geoff Kaiser started 9th and finished 4th and was only car in the top 4 to pass a car. Not a great race..

So I guess Jim Anderson didnt drive on the outside on the start from 6th to 3rd and than pass Bischak for 2nd??

K92 12/30/18 3:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheHammer (Post 506962)
I had a few people comment that the track looked smaller. Are they moving the tires in further?

The tires were moved out for the midgets and it made it a one lane track

Joltin Joe 12/30/18 7:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstar00 (Post 506953)

Jim Anderson started 6th and finished 2nd, and passed 3 of us on the outside on the start.

rockstar5 12/30/18 9:05 PM

I think they need to stop letting the kart guys prep it destroys the track

duel 12/31/18 10:40 AM

I had a great time but was disappointed to see them move the tires out for the midgets and 360's. Maybe they thought it was too slippery on the inside. I think it would have made for 2 wide with that cushion of rubber. It was a big crowd Saturday. I know they have a lot of cars to run but they need to work on starting the last 3 mains earlier. The highlight of my weekend was talking to Mel and getting a selfie with Don and Mel. (Not the grand funk guys.)

Stevensville Mike 12/31/18 3:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fish (Post 506954)
Justin Peck the winner in the midgets. John Ivy swept the weekend in the 600s, winning the winged & NW features both days.

Wasn't Peck suspended by USAC this past year for a drug violation? Kokomo and the All Stars also recognized the suspension? Apparently he was given the ok to run in the Ft. Wayne event.

Anyone know what the status of the USAC/All Stars/Kokomo suspension is? Is he good to go in 2019?

Sandy Lowe 12/31/18 3:39 PM

Justin Peck Reinstated by World Racing Group

https://speedsport.com/sprints-midge...-racing-group/

jjones752 12/31/18 5:14 PM

Justin's a good kid; I talked with him at PRI and he pretty much echoed what was said in the article, that he's eager to learn from his mistakes, put the past behind him and focus on being better. The win at the Rumble should go a long way towards setting him up for a successful 2019.

Therealether 12/31/18 5:37 PM

Wanna make it interesting? Run dirt tires.

Stevensville Mike 12/31/18 7:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Lowe (Post 507008)
Justin Peck Reinstated by World Racing Group

https://speedsport.com/sprints-midge...-racing-group/

Thanks, Sandy. I missed that somewhere.

Good for Justin. I hope it all works out.

jdull99 12/31/18 7:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Therealether (Post 507014)
Wanna make it interesting? Run dirt tires.

That is what BMARA did when they ran Milwaukee in the early 00s I'm pretty sure (never went...wished I did!)...

But ya, I say USED dirt tires.

ANYTHING cheaper than what the current tire package is...last I knew you had to run the same RR all night, but there needs to be more than that to help level the playing field...(change the LR or RF you start in the back? Might help passing...)

Task Force 12/31/18 9:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdull99 (Post 507020)
That is what BMARA did when they ran Milwaukee in the early 00s I'm pretty sure (never went...wished I did!)...

ANYTHING cheaper than what the current tire package is...last I knew you had to run the same RR all night, but there needs to be more than that to help level the playing field...(change the LR or RF you start in the back? Might help passing...)

Ill go ever further and suggest using those skinny rock hard DOT tires the IRS midgets used to run

LJC77 1/1/19 1:11 AM

How dare you suggest that Zack, thought you knew those ain't real race tires.
Even have heard them referred as being dangerous 🙄

jdull99 1/1/19 4:26 AM

I have both the Mickey Thompson & American Racer versions 4 sale if anyone is interested...

GasIt4 1/1/19 11:23 AM

Changing tires would be the dumbest thing to happen. You could pretty much kiss the rumble goodbye if that were to happen.

TQ29m 1/1/19 1:22 PM

Every time we ran TQ's there, we ran dirt tires, no problem, saved their butt one time when a well known oiled the track good in a midget, we ran and ran, and ran some more, and it finally started taking rubber, they used all the regular stuff to try and get it to take, but the dirt tires is what did the trick, plus there were more that showed up, because they already had tires. Bob

kb78 1/1/19 3:41 PM

The 330 and 360 Kart features were the best races of the weekend, hard, clean, side by side racing. I also thought they should leave the tires in for the features. The bottom was tricky Friday night, bit Smoke, Peck, and a few others. Overall I greatly enjoy this race and plan on attending next year.

Joltin Joe 1/1/19 3:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdull99 (Post 507020)

My car and Cap Henry’s car ran the same RF and LR all weekend. Only chanced the RR for Saturday’s event. Races have been won there on older tires. There it nothing wrong with the tire package we run up there. Ever since they added a second 600 class(which runs a wide dirt tire) the rubber hasn’t been as thick on the track. Running Dirt tires on the 600s is the main reason there hasn’t been a lot of rubber down the last few years.

jdull99 1/1/19 4:53 PM

How much are they though? Last I recall the RR was like $160