IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   ISW Plymouth weather (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=105311)

Indy1808 7/19/18 6:38 PM

I’m just as hyped up about sprint week as anyone but the reality is the WET forecast that looms. This could wash out Kokomo also. 80-90-100%
Chance ☹️

flagboy55 7/19/18 6:52 PM

Indy, I have been flipping around on weather apps hoping for something better. A few minutes ago the weather channel page had a 100% chance of storms at 3pm. Obviously not looking good. I was wondering if anyone has the Bam chase app, it's supposed to be nearly flawless?

TQ97 7/20/18 7:10 AM

Bam is flawless. I don’t have the app but do follow them on twitter. For this evening they have severe weather a level 3 (enhanced) out of 5 and a screen shot of their radar at one point shows a line of continuous storms that goes from the middle of Lake Michigan, curves down through the middle of Indiana to Evansville. Like one of these. )

PIT CART 7/20/18 7:18 AM

I pulled the plug on going this morning. I hope I am wrong but the weather doesn't look good. I do feel sorry for the people that travel 500 miles for sprint week.

Nate 7/20/18 7:41 AM

They’re saying high winds and large hail possible this afternoon so if you’re camping at Plymouth be careful.

The forecast through Monday looks horrible as of this morning. Very unfortunate as the weather over the last week has been nearly perfect.

david mitchell 7/20/18 8:57 AM

Re: ISW Plymouth weather

Put a fork in it.Just do it now.What is delay.Maybe working out raindate for Mon or Tues.

duel 7/20/18 9:27 AM

AccuWeather has it just over 30% through 11pm for this evening for Plymouth so far. Try to find favorable forecasts. :3:

wildman92 7/20/18 9:42 AM

I’m just as pumped up as everyone else about ISW. Having missed most of the races last year I’m so ready for 7 great nights of racing. It’ll either rain or it won’t. Tracks will either pull the plug or they won’t. It’s no one’s decision but your own whether to take a chance and head to the track or not.

I hope everyone stays safe and has fun regardless of what Mother Nature does. That’s my plan anyway. 🏁

racer-x 7/20/18 9:58 AM

I live 50 min west of Plymouth. There was a 80 % chance of rain here last night and it didn’t rain a drop!!! I’m not gonna let STRANGER DANGER keep me away from going tonight!!!!
Good luck Tonight Plymouth speedway and don’t let the internet trolls talk you into cancelling early tonight!!

dr_destructo 7/20/18 10:46 AM

I learned long ago not to plan my day based on the weather man..... I'm going!

Speedmax3 7/20/18 12:39 PM

Just looked at accuweather radar. Line of rain and thunderstorms at Illinois, Indiana line now. It says rain will be in Plymouth in just over an hour so we will just have to wait and see what they get and if more comes behind this one.

PIT CART 7/20/18 12:41 PM

Anybody at the track, is the camping area getting full? Really getting the itch to head over.

Indy1808 7/20/18 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PIT CART (Post 498325)
I pulled the plug on going this morning. I hope I am wrong but the weather doesn't look good. I do feel sorry for the people that travel 500 miles for sprint week.

I did the same, will drive to Kokomo if it happens. The Latest I have seen is, the front moves through their area about 2pm & sets in through the night and next day which could possibly wash Kokomo?
Of course, I’m not meteorologist but I did go ahead and cancel rooms. If that all happens perhaps Kokomo will do a Monday make up as in the past. When you are driving 3-3 & 1/2 hours away you can’t risk 80-100% wetness.
With forecasts of 40%, 50% even more I have ventured onward to the track. I'm just not independently wealthy, as others. So I will stay here and work.

Nate 7/20/18 2:01 PM

Plymouth is getting hit and currently under a tornado warning so...

PIT CART 7/20/18 2:08 PM

But will it blow over and clear up. I am 2 hours away, can be hooked up to the camper in 20 and be there by 5 easy.

Jerry Shaw 7/20/18 2:28 PM

Latest update:

"2:15pm update: a storm cell has passed through. Officials are currently taking a look at the track conditions. Tonight's race is still ON"

This was from USAC, not David Mitchell.:5:

Jerry

david mitchell 7/20/18 2:32 PM

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂I think I will opt for Speedshift tv.If it is run.

RacinBabe 7/20/18 2:37 PM

Always a safe bet to watch on TV from your Mom’s basement 😆

racer-x 7/20/18 3:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RacinBabe (Post 498360)
Always a safe bet to watch on TV from your Mon’s basement 😆

I’m heading that way.. It has rained a few times west of the track but not enough to stop a ISW Fan!!

tdt636 7/20/18 3:34 PM

Quote:

Post of the month so far😂🤣

david mitchell 7/20/18 3:42 PM

Got that right.Free food,free drink,no driving,only 24.99.When weather is iffy always the best option.💧

racinrich 7/20/18 3:45 PM

Quote:

David "Big Game Hunter" You just got zinged.

david mitchell 7/20/18 4:03 PM

Who the hell is big game hunter.

RacinBabe 7/20/18 4:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david mitchell (Post 498367)
Who the hell is big game hunter.

Your Dad? 🤣

Charles Nungester 7/20/18 4:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RacinBabe (Post 498368)
Your Dad? 🤣

Backed up by a second post of the year :)

OnTheHammer 7/20/18 4:25 PM

Quote:

Also, always a safe bet to throw out zingers from your computer in your
Mom’s basement.

Right Keyboard Cowgirl.....

Charles Nungester 7/20/18 4:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheHammer (Post 498370)
Mom’s basement.

Not many make more races than her. They go in all forcast and to many different types of races.

SO Who's your Momma?

rpedersen20 7/20/18 4:45 PM

Dave is one hell of a fan. Ordering the ppv on a day with rain possible is big of him. I'll be doing what most other respectable fans that dont wanna drive that far do. Listen to free audio from usac app and watch race monitor for free.

openwheelfan1 7/20/18 4:53 PM

Per a FB post by Dave Darland at approx. 4:45 PM EDT, racing is on for tonight at Plymouth!

HARFprez 7/20/18 5:11 PM

Thanks for bringing this back to topic.

PJ Wright 7/20/18 5:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rpedersen20 (Post 498372)
Dave is one hell of a fan. Ordering the ppv on a day with rain possible is big of him. I'll be doing what most other respectable fans that dont wanna drive that far do. Listen to free audio from usac app and watch race monitor for free.

With dedicated fans like you, It's easy to see why speedways are thriving and promoters are getting rich.😞

RacinBabe 7/20/18 5:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheHammer (Post 498370)
Mom’s basement.

I’ve been at the track since 11:30 this morning and haven’t seen you yet.

rpedersen20 7/20/18 5:36 PM

Change of plans. On my way to Dave's to watch ppv with 4 other people. I'll make sure we all hit the buy button.

jim goerge 7/20/18 5:39 PM

Blonde Bombshell Whats it like at track now? My driver got worried about the forecast so I"m stuck at home till least tomorrow . not real thrilled about it :19:

flagboy55 7/20/18 5:46 PM

Well we made it to the track things looking ok got fingers crossed

wildman92 7/20/18 5:50 PM

Breezy. Cloudy. Peeks of sun. Dry so far since I got here. Maybe it’s me. ☺️

RacinBabe 7/20/18 5:51 PM

Right now it’s 72 degrees and cloudy. We had a storm roll through about 2:00pm and have had a few light sprinkles since then. Not enough to make me melt a bit though! They are out packing the track now and getting ready to race! Parking lot is filling up! Gonna be a good crowd! Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!!

Stevensville Mike 7/20/18 5:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RacinBabe (Post 498383)
Right now it’s 72 degrees and cloudy. We had a storm roll through about 2:00pm and have had a few light sprinkles since then. Not enough to make me melt a bit though! They are out packing the track now and getting ready to race! Parking lot is filling up! Gonna be a good crowd! Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!!

I bailed out a few hours ago. I hope you guy get to see it all. It is looking good right now.

Even though I am not there, I still hope my fellow brothers and sisters of racing get enjoy the whole show!

jim goerge 7/20/18 6:01 PM

Thamks Jen Kelly Wish I was there with you guys :8:

Charles Nungester 7/20/18 6:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildman92 (Post 498382)
Breezy. Cloudy. Peeks of sun. Dry so far since I got here. Maybe it’s me. ☺️

It's you, Kelly and Susan St Catharine,. Between the three of you, You'd brighten up a Monsoon.