IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Weather??????? (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=11542)

Jerry Spencer 11/30/08 9:24 AM

Weather???????

Not a racing thread but wondering how is the weather where you are? Kokomo is getting pounded with snow, started around 4:45 this morning and is really putting it down. Hope everyone is enjoying the last day of the holiday weekend. :respect:

Jerry #66j
www.joshspencer.com

illiNOISE 11/30/08 9:33 AM

Re: Weather???????

It's not exactly a blizzard here in Southwestern Illinois, but we do have white crap falling from the sky.:thumbsdown:

Meanwhile, my parents are vactioning in Hawaii right now.:rolleyes:

bigmojo5 11/30/08 9:39 AM

Thanks for the info guys.
I'm going to ride my sleigh down to Cincy today and have decided to pack my suitcase. Just wet here in Dayton now but better getting a hotel room than trying to fight idiots who think they're Dale Earnhardt try to drive in the snow. What you guys are getting now we might be getting at 6 p.m.
Jim Morrison

Great Scott 11/30/08 9:40 AM

Please send some snow to Bloomington. Sam and I can't go sledding without snow. It just raining here.

terrehautian 11/30/08 9:45 AM

Also send snow to Terre Haute, and not this 1-3 inches of snow that we might get, I mean 4-6 inches. Too bad the snow around here is unpredictable, if was predictable.....snowmobile races at the Action Track.

Jerry Spencer 11/30/08 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmojo5 (Post 75471)
Thanks for the info guys.
I'm going to ride my sleigh down to Cincy today and have decided to pack my suitcase. Just wet here in Dayton now but better getting a hotel room than trying to fight idiots who think they're Dale Earnhardt try to drive in the snow. What you guys are getting now we might be getting at 6 p.m.
Jim Morrison

The snow has slowed a little with more on the way this afternoon, The bad thing around here is the lack of salt, it is very slick in Howard county. Keep that sleigh on both runners and be safe. The t.v. just said we have 2 inches but we have measured at least 4 on the west side of Kokomo.

Jerry #66j
www.joshspencer.com

cmakin 11/30/08 10:56 AM

Sunny and cool here in the Houston area. Just turned cool, though. I still have the A/C on in the house, but may switch to heat tonight. 52 outside this morning. We even have one more racing event this week. The USMTS mods will be putting on a three day show at Houston Raceway Park. Our mod is in pieces right now (off season rebuild), but I will be shooting the show. I am sure that it will be a little cool at night. It might even get down into the 40s. Folks around here consider that to be absolutely freezing.

ThaBurgFan 11/30/08 11:30 AM

Jerry,

Just a cool rain here in the Burg area. I hear there is an isolated blizzard over at Perfect North Slopes but Dave Rudisell would have to weigh in on that!

SpfldMile 11/30/08 11:39 AM

It's been snowing all morning here in central IL. The grass is pretty much covered. Be careful out there.

Chris Nunn 11/30/08 11:53 AM

Please keep any and all snow away from Bloomington

Thank you

throb 11/30/08 12:03 PM

anyone around the bedford/shoals area that can chime in?????? snow or rain?

dirtnonwingfan 11/30/08 12:07 PM

Jerry, it doesn't matter what the weather is here in Springfield IL, I can always count on your weather post for Kokomo to make me feel better. What are you, the nasty weather capital of the Midwest? At 10:00 am, the grass is still showing through and the snow is keeping melted on roads and sidewalks.

Have a good, safe day.

Frank Daigh

SUPERDUKE 11/30/08 12:11 PM

Its sunny and 78 at eldora!

Pat O'Connor Fan 11/30/08 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtnonwingfan (Post 75492)
At 10:00 am, the grass is still showing through and the snow is keeping melted on roads and sidewalks.

Hey Frank, if you drive about 60 miles north to Bloomington/Normal, you can see the grass here too -- it is buried under about 4 inches of snow. :D

ThrottleHead 11/30/08 1:17 PM

Columbus, IN report: rain and 36 drgrees by my thermometer. You can keep the snow up north k thx.

Dirtfan 11/30/08 1:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Nunn (Post 75487)
Please keep any and all snow away from Bloomington

Thank you

Couldn't agree with you more Chris:thumb

coachmeece 11/30/08 1:30 PM

WELL ABOUT 2 days ago it was 86 when i was visting my T2D Buddys house in hawaii

cmakin 11/30/08 1:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coachmeece (Post 75506)
WELL ABOUT 2 days ago it was 86 when i was visting my T2D Buddys house in hawaii

Well, in that case, last weekend I was working in Antigua and it was a balmy 85 degrees. The breeze made in comfortable out in the sun, though.

Heromaker 11/30/08 1:55 PM

Well sitting in Sunny SOCAL and it is 72 without a cloud in the sky. Last night at Perris is was 75 in the day and 55 at night (Really Really Codl). Sorry guys had to rub it in.

Jerry Spencer 11/30/08 2:11 PM

Our power just came back on, had to take all the beer to the car and turn the heater on before it got cold. (Scary time there but we got thru it) Frank I knew you depended on me to let you know what was going on in Kokomo. :respect:
Not a blade of grass in site

Have a safe day.

Jerry #66j
www.joshspencer.com

1BIGracefan 11/30/08 2:26 PM

As of right now in Bedford its raining and 38 degrees. Is it April yet?

sc96 11/30/08 2:29 PM

We are getting rain snow mix just north of Portland IN

Daddyo 11/30/08 3:18 PM

Gatlinburg Tennessee currently getting a mixture of rain and snow. I can see snow on Mt. LaConte from here. Changing over to all snow later tonight into tomorrow and Tuesday. Still looking for a way in which to convert these tin can loving hillbillys over to non wing sprints. :headbang Where there is a will there is a way, right?:rolleyes:

staton 11/30/08 3:44 PM

Im in central Arkansas and we were supposed to get rain all day (0% chance of snow) and it has been snowing for about 3 hrs

Jerry Spencer 11/30/08 4:44 PM

The fog has taken over Kokomo, this thread is for our I.O.W. brothers and sisters on the road. Be safe
(Have had a few complaints wondering why this is on here)

Jerry #66j
www.joshspencer.com

Speedwrench 11/30/08 4:57 PM

Currently 34 in Detroit metro area with some snow in the grass. We're supposed to get 4 to 6 up here by late tomorrow.

I understand what you guys who live in warm weathers areas are saying. I lived in northern Flordia for awhile and the people there thought that water turned to ice at 75 degrees.

Obie 11/30/08 5:06 PM

Here in the far south of IN, we've had a light rain all day and around middle 40 temps for the last couple of days. No snow yet & I hope it stays that way.

illiNOISE 11/30/08 5:18 PM

The 1" of slushy snow we got this morning has already completely melted.:thumb

cope42 11/30/08 6:10 PM

anybody chime in around wabash,in / marion ...... slick roads or just snow on the ground .thx

Jerry Spencer 11/30/08 7:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cope42 (Post 75532)
anybody chime in around wabash,in / marion ...... slick roads or just snow on the ground .thx

Roads are wet, very foggy some places you can not see your hand in front of your face. Slight drizzle. Fog is suppose to start lifting around ten P.M.

Jerry #66j
www.joshspencer.com

psullivan 11/30/08 7:57 PM

I was in Canada watching my son play hockey - heavy snow to Parry Sound where he is playing and living for the next several months - snow every day, snow in about three installments on the long drive home today - it is early Dec and I'm tried of it - although he is living deep in the woods and it was really beautiful

Dirtfan 11/30/08 8:04 PM

Jerry, I'm just glad your beer didn't get cold:rolling

Onlydirt 11/30/08 11:35 PM

Jerry your weather posts make me laugh dont let the complaints stop anything. It reminds me of listening to WWKI, every weather change there is the end of the world! Bread and Milk, Bread and Milk! Kroger has to love WWKI.

On a serious note I enjoy talking about weather and how bad others got snow and such...

cope42 12/1/08 8:46 AM

thanks for the reply jerry / made it up and back ok

Mud Packer 12/1/08 9:56 AM

It was a very interesting afternoon and evening getting home from Detroit. It was sleet and then snow there mid afternoon with the biggest snow flakes I think I have ever seen. Add in heavy traffic and fog and returning back to the Hoosier state was a real adventure. It took almost 7 hours to get back to the Redbud city and when we got home the infamous Thundercar drivers from Anderson Speedway were out practicing.:rolling:headbang

bojo20 12/1/08 11:24 AM

Bright and sunny here right now.They are saying only 78 today and tomorrow.Not too bad for December.==Mesa Ariz

sprintracer82 12/1/08 10:55 PM

we have 6 inches up here in grand rapids mi. over by lake michigan they have had about 14 to 16 inches for a couple of weeks. we get this lake affect snow by the lake shore and it gets crazy. ill be getting a white out snow storm and 10 miles to the east of me will have nothing

racefan20 12/1/08 11:02 PM

Not much snow in Indy but the roads got slicker that cat$hit after it got dark.

terrehautian 12/1/08 11:40 PM

Same in TH rf20.....and to top it off, due to a salt shortage, no pretreating of roads. They had to close off bridges and overpasses because they were too dangerous and get salt trucks on them.

bigmojo5 12/2/08 9:09 AM

Is it a shortage of salt, or a shortage of money to buy it?
Jim Morrison