IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   R.I.P Jesse "The Rocket" Hockett (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=32462)

Racer9bro 5/26/10 6:46 PM

R.I.P Jesse "The Rocket" Hockett

Sadly I was just informed by someone close to Jesse that he has lost his life in a freak accident while loading his car into the hauler. I don't know all the details and would like to avoid spreading false info so please don’t ask. I simply ask that we all keep the Hockett family in our thoughts and prayers.:13::13:

COTTLE FAN 5/26/10 6:48 PM

Re: R.I.P Jesse "The Rocket" Hockett

Wow so sad :13: R.I.P

Dave Rudisell 5/26/10 6:52 PM

please say it not true........:13:

wideopen24 5/26/10 6:57 PM

This is so sad...Jesse was and forever will be one of the most talented racecar drivers I have ever had the oppertunity to watch and race against....May God be with Jesse and his family...Landon

TeamCGR 5/26/10 7:00 PM

Oh my Lord, as Dave said please say this is not true. Has anyone else confirmed? God Speed.

Pete G.

darnall 5/26/10 7:08 PM

Unbelievable...

Gonna miss you forever

rkhracing 5/26/10 7:08 PM

Seen on hoseheads that there had been a accident at the shop,hope its not true.

sprintgal 5/26/10 7:11 PM

This such sad news..he will be greatly missed! Thoughts and prayers go out to the entire Hockett family and friends! :(

VaDirt 5/26/10 7:14 PM

A sad day. God speed Jesse.

Chris Nunn 5/26/10 7:14 PM

absolutely speechless....

motsingerracing44 5/26/10 7:18 PM

wow i can not belive it jesse hockett was one of the coolest and funest drivers to watch i really looked up to him and hoped that my driving could one day be as good as his i will deffinatly keep the hocket family in my prayers we lost a very good individusal R.I.P rocket :( :(:(

#1jackhewittfan 5/26/10 7:19 PM

my thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.
Posted via Mobile Device

stock car mech 5/26/10 7:19 PM

He was a throwback to a different time when people travelled and worked constantly to be able to race. He was parked next to us at eldora and I kidded him about the race being too close to home. When they cancelled the show I remember him telling his guys to dismount the tires they bought because they would need the money for where they were headed next.
When you think about a real racer, Jesse Hockett's face will pop up in your mind forever.

BillyG 5/26/10 7:19 PM

terrible news..thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends:(

7rmodmom 5/26/10 7:20 PM

So sad...thoughts and prayers to his family...God Speed Jesse

agar 5/26/10 7:21 PM

OH My GOD

Hubie 5/26/10 7:22 PM

Wow, I really hope this is not true

Kinser5K 5/26/10 7:24 PM

Never thought i would be reading that we have lost "The Rocket" Jesse Hocket on IOW....Jesse inspired many and will be greatly missed.
Gods speed Jesse

USAC Fan 5/26/10 7:25 PM

Total and utter shock.

I had just talked to him Monday night about Terre Haute and congratulate him on his 3 for 3 weekend.

Jerry Shaw 5/26/10 7:26 PM

This is a tremendous loss.:13: I still remember the story D.O. told a couple of years ago after a race @ Terre Haute. One where a kid was on the other side of the fence, while they were pitted in the infield, watching Jesse and he had a football his hand. Then Jesse stopped what he was doing a started playing catch with the kid. And how it was obvious that this just made the kid's day, big time. And I'll never forget the war that went on between he and Robert Ballou, at the first Don Smith Classic. It was a classic. And the interview afterwards with he and Robert was also a classic. One (Robert) was victorious and thrilled and the other one (Jesse) was heartbroken, because he had just given his all and came up just a little bit short. But the overriding theme of this interview was that these guys were buddies, whether they had just duked it out for 15 rounds or not. It was one of the best displays of sportsmanship I can ever remember. And when I went to see the TNT series last year, I was witness to more of the same. No matter what the track, before the race and afterwards, people just flocked to Jesse's hauler. The fans just loved The Rocket and he loved them. The young man just had an extra star quality about him and everybody knew it. And who can forget his photo finish win, over Dave Darland last year, at Oskaloosa and the Flyin' Donut that he gave to the fans, in celebration? He was an original. He was a throwback driver. One that could have fit in with Dick Gaines, Steve Kinser, Rick Ferkel, Bobby Kinser, Chuck Amati, Butch Wilkerson, etc. Anybody from any era. He was our greatest current true outlaw sprint car driver and losing him is going to take a big chunk out of this sport we all love. This is such a hurtful loss.:13:

Jerry

dirtnonwingfan 5/26/10 7:27 PM

Just unbelievable. My thoughts and prayers to his family.

Bobv 5/26/10 7:28 PM

God Speed to a True Racer!

smith19 5/26/10 7:29 PM

THAT'S VERY SAD. THAT'S TWO DAY'S IN A ROW A GREAT RACER HAS LOST HIS LIFE. THE OTHER "floyd gilbert" one of the greatest stock car drivers ever. 49/53 one year. rip to both drivers.

Gregg 5/26/10 7:30 PM

I just can't believe it. My thoughts go out to his frineds and family.:13:

MWestfallfan54 5/26/10 7:32 PM

Wow. unbelievable RIP Jesse.

j_vennard54 5/26/10 7:33 PM

I'm still staring at the screen in disbelief..

RIP Jesse, always a class act, on and off the race track.

:11: Life just makes absolutely no sense what so ever sometimes.. :11:

Obie 5/26/10 7:34 PM

:13: R.I.P. Jesse.

SprintManDave 5/26/10 7:39 PM

Very sad to hear.Our prayers are with the family.

TeamCGR 5/26/10 7:39 PM

It says on Hoseheads that Jesse Passed Away today due to an Electrical Accident with the Hauler while they were loading for Terre Haute. An absolute tragedy. We are so sorry for the Hockett Family. Please accept our prayers.

The Gulick's.

Dirtfan 5/26/10 7:46 PM

OMG, just can't find the words right now:13: So very very sad.Can't believe it.

team3521 5/26/10 7:48 PM

I am just in shock! I cannot believe it's true! I was looking forward to watching him race in Terre Haute.

RIP Jesse. I will say my prayers and include him and his family.

This is really a bummer for this weekend huh?

sprint28 5/26/10 7:51 PM

We lost a true hero today thoughts and prayers to his family with our deepest remorse. God speed rocket!
Posted via Mobile Device

ThaBurgFan 5/26/10 7:54 PM

Unbelievable! My six year old and I enjoyed watching Jesse or as Corbin says, "The Rocket Jesseeeee Hocketttttt". Ours prayers go to his family.

Bad Dad 54 5/26/10 7:56 PM

Saw some of his accidents on you tube and he walked away, and now I hear this. He was remarkable person spoke w/ him at Gas City this year I will miss seeing him.

Pine 5/26/10 7:57 PM

Speechless....R.I.P Jesse...:13:

Twin Cities Raceway Park 5/26/10 7:59 PM

The entire staff of Twin Cities Raceway Park would like to send their condolences and deepest symapthy to the family of our 2010 No Way Out 40 Champion...Jesse "The Rocket" Hockett...God Speed Jesse
Posted via Mobile Device

KKinser99 5/26/10 8:07 PM

This is very hard to hear. One of the most existing drivers to watch. Life is fragile. God Speed Jesse!!

CTtoPA 5/26/10 8:11 PM

This is terrible news. RIP Jesse. My heart goes out to his friends, family, and wife Tina.
Posted via Mobile Device

ChaplainJackie 5/26/10 8:13 PM

We are all so saddened by the news about Jesse. Our hearts break for the families. I can offer the words
of our Father God for the comfort, peace and understanding that we need now. He asks us in the book
of Proverbs to Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your understanding. Again in the
book of Isaiah 41:10 He says Fear not, for I am with you: Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strenghten you, Yes I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.
God also shows His love and concern for us and tells us so in the book of Psalm 22:24...for He has
not despised my cries of deep despair; He has not turned and walked away. When I cried to Him He
heard and came.
I pray we can all accept His words of comfort and help.
Please call if you need to talk or pray anyone. #513-673-3368

Dave Rudisell 5/26/10 8:16 PM

Been sitting here praying it was not true...the calls keep coming saying it is...........words just can't explain the sadness we are all feeling.....
Rest in peace my friend.......the heavens just received a true gentleman!!
Dave Rudisell