Indiana Open Wheel
Page 1 of 2

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bubba USAC Night 1 (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=102998)

MC5454 2/16/18 12:59 AM

Bubba USAC Night 1

Some of the worst racing I have seen in a long time. Dry Slick, track ruined by 1st heat and the Mod Lites were bad also. Knew I should've went to East bay for the 360s. Winged cars 10x better than non wing. Not to mention the crowd was terrible

Rone9r 2/16/18 1:01 AM

You could be stuck here in Indiana watching....nothing

MC5454 2/16/18 1:08 AM

Originally Posted by Rone9r:
You could be stuck here in Indiana watching....nothing

Almost would have preferred that instead of going to over priced bubba. $45 for pits and WAY over priced food. Program run poorly as well. Overall not a pleasant experience

Dirtfan 2/16/18 1:11 AM

Two lessons maybe,don't go to the pits,and eat before you go.

MC5454 2/16/18 1:17 AM

Originally Posted by Dirtfan:
Two lessons maybe,don't go to the pits,and eat before you go.

When I saw $45 I didn't go in it. $30 for some boring non wing sprints was the most I was going to spend. Only bought fries and a water and costs me $7. The people sitting in front of me will not be going back also. Awful night

Wayne Davis 2/16/18 2:54 AM

Re: Bubba USAC Night 1

Originally Posted by MC5454:
Almost would have preferred that instead of going to over priced bubba. $45 for pits and WAY over priced food. Program run poorly as well. Overall not a pleasant experience

it was not the best track for racing but we only get to see non wing racing in Feb. down here...yes the food was expensive...and only had 14 handicapped spots on the whole place...had to park out in the field....but it was NON WING racing

NOSTINKINWINGS 2/16/18 6:13 AM

Some of the worst racing I have seen in a long time. Dry Slick, track ruined by 1st heat and the Mod Lites were bad also. Knew I should've went to East bay for the 360s. Winged cars 10x better than non wing. Not to mention the crowd was terrible

Bye bye........

1021gpa 2/16/18 8:31 AM

Originally Posted by Wayne Davis:
At least you did not get thrown out after paying $45. Was thrown out and barred because I was videoing the races. Did not get to see the finish even had to leave my 4 lawn chairs or I was threaten to left in hand cuffs...NO WHERE on the premises does it say NO VIDEOING ALLOWED......it was not the best track for racing but we only get to see non wing racing in Feb. down here...yes the food was expensive...and only had 14 handicapped spots on the whole place...had to park out in the field....at least I beat the crowd

From the campers to front was all handicapped there was way more than 14 spots

TKRacing 2/16/18 8:47 AM

Youve only made 3 posts on this board and it was all to bash NW racing. Sir, I think you are on the wrong board. You are going to catch h*ll over those comments. Be prepared.

Rpracing1 2/16/18 9:44 AM

Looks like a couple of extra open seats for tonights show!

Backitin 2/16/18 9:49 AM

There can be a argument either way to what racing is better winged or nonwing. If you honestly believe winged racing is ten times better the nonwinged racing, a: don't attend another nonwinged race b: you sir are a fool. c: this site might not be for you.

MC5454 2/16/18 9:56 AM

Originally Posted by Rpracing1:
Looks like a couple of extra open seats for tonights show!

Don't worry there were hundreds more of those all over. Non wing not doing well right now

MC5454 2/16/18 9:57 AM

Originally Posted by Backitin:
There can be a argument either way to what racing is better winged or nonwing. If you honestly believe winged racing is ten times better the nonwinged racing, a: don't attend another nonwinged race b: you sir are a fool. c: this site might not be for you.

Gave non wing a try. I'll head back to wing races like everyone else. No wonder all the non wing drivers are going to winged cars

Wayne Davis 2/16/18 10:14 AM

Gave non wing a try. I'll head back to wing races like everyone else. No wonder all the non wing drivers are going to winged cars

Last night I was there, have not ever missed a lap of USAC racing there for 8 years and it was the absolute WORSE racetrack for a USAC show..now you gave non wing a try...I went down the 2 previous week for the winged deal and it was even worse....DON'T go blaming non wing racing for a popped up track...just like I don't necessary blame the wings for bad racing. I blame technology because they have gotten so fast and everyone has the same stuff it is a follower the leader at many other tracks with the wing...Volusia was the same with the wing...follow the leader and very little passing. 4 years ago they had a total of 58 races and every race was won from the poll that year for all of speedweeks...please do yourself a favor and go see these guys at a different race track.

Saddly... My 8 years has come to and end there so this is all I will be able to say about it:42::

MC5454 2/16/18 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Wayne Davis:
Last night I was there, have not ever missed a lap of USAC racing there for 8 years and it was the absolute WORSE racetrack for a USAC show..now you gave non wing a try...I went down the 2 previous week for the winged deal and it was even worse....DON'T go blaming non wing racing for a popped up track...just like I don't necessary blame the wings for bad racing. I blame technology because they have gotten so fast and everyone has the same stuff it is a follower the leader at many other tracks with the wing...Volusia was the same with the wing...follow the leader and very little passing. 4 years ago they had a total of 58 races and every race was won from the poll that year for all of speedweeks...please do yourself a favor and go see these guys at a different race track.

Saddly... My 8 years has come to and end there so this is all I will be able to say about it:42::

Besides from 1 night out of 5 at Volusia the racing was really good. Standing room only at Volusia and everyone I talked to there thought the racing was good unlike non wing. Why is there never standing room only at non wing events?

EltoJoe 2/16/18 10:47 AM

Why do you come here stirring the pot?

MC5454 2/16/18 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by EltoJoe:
Why do you come here stirring the pot?

This is a racing forum I was just giving my opinion on what I thought of the racing last night

NOSTINKINWINGS 2/16/18 11:19 AM

This is a racing forum I was just giving my opinion on what I thought of the racing last night

STA....BYE BYE and DLTDHYITA**OTWO!

motorhead748 2/16/18 11:35 AM

Thanks for the heads up.. a few of us were thinking about going.

mc/rider 2/16/18 11:39 AM

One race,one track,one night :11;

oppweld 2/16/18 11:54 AM

[QUOTE=MC5454;489736]This is a racing forum I was just giving my opinion on what I thought of the racing last night[/QUOTE Obviously you got lost on your way to Hoseheads!

dsc1600 2/16/18 11:56 AM

I’m by no means a non-winged homer but the racing looked fine. Not great but some side by side action.

As far as the crowd, the only winged crowds in Florida that are SRO are the Outlaw nights. The All Stars especially at volusia draw crowds very similar to what looked like the crowd last night at Bubba.

Gregg 2/16/18 11:59 AM

Don't worry there were hundreds more of those all over. Non wing not doing well right now

If I weren't stuck in my cube this morning I'd be catching an Allegient flight down there before noon.

My suggestion. Don't go to Smackdown. That just might be a real snoozer too.:5:

OnTheHammer 2/16/18 12:05 PM

What is the significance of the blue or green lights on the rear of the cage?

Flatheadhunter 2/16/18 12:12 PM

I was at the race last night and it did get slick but there was passing. The lights flash for cautions and red flags. They also indicate top 3 in the running. The best part? 80 degrees at start

captrat 2/16/18 12:37 PM

He is trolling. Probably has less than 5 years around sprint cars. Thinks Knoxville, Central PA.,and WoO invented this sport.

Aces&Eights 2/16/18 1:55 PM

I was at Bubba last night for my first non wing race ever and it was awesome. Lots of passing, fast, loud and methanol smells great! It was $40 for pits not $45 and $30 for stands. OP is FOS and obviously here to bash and spread lies. I’ll post some vids my wife made when we get home. Going back for nights 2 & 3.

Nate 2/16/18 2:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Good thing you don’t attend more often. Don’t think we’d be able to find you a seat. A few examples from the last year.

dirtnonwingfan 2/16/18 2:58 PM

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." George Bernard Shaw

LB 2/16/18 3:31 PM

You haven't seen East bay when it rubbers down and in 10 laps starts blowing tires for a 25 laps feature,and the winner is the first one to blow a tire,and some guys even blew 2 tires ,,,

JohnnyWingo 2/16/18 3:32 PM

They need a thread for Xanax on this site. Start handing it out..

motorhead748 2/16/18 4:36 PM

It would surprize me that ANY track could have a decent surface after many consecutive nites running on it, especially Florida with as sandy as it is.

1121 2/16/18 5:15 PM

I don’t mean to be contrary, but you guys are complaining about a poster that has done the same that many of you have.

Please remember that I own and drive sprint cars. I have driven dirt and pavement, wing and non-winged. My Dad drove before I did. I have spent my life going to the races and yes, as far as a sprint car, non-winged dirt is my favorite. I’ve been to over 140 racetracks. I’ve raced at over 80.

Here is a guy who did nothing more than post his opinion. And maybe he was correct. Maybe he wasn’t. And maybe he was a bit more blunt then some of us would have liked. But at least he was at the races. Many of you have said a lot worse about winged racing and haven’t even been to the race. There’s one member of this site that it seems like every post he bashes winged racing, but confesses he hasn’t been to a race in years because there’s no non-winged racing in his area.

There’s another member that states he hates pavement racing because he went to a pavement race 30 years ago and didn’t like it.

There was just a post about NASCAR. Many of you stating how bad it was, but how many of you were there? Or have even ever been to a NASCAR race?

I’m not talking about watching it on TV. Television does not do any form of racing justice. You only see part of a race on TV. I’ve been to hundreds of races and never once have I said afterword’s, “Man, I wish I saw that on TV.” Most of the best racing happens back in the pack, an area TV misses many times.

So here’s my challenge to you guys (and girls). When you post a negative comment about any form of racing, you have to show your ticket stub (or wrist band). Let us who really care know you were there.

Tom Paterson

opnwhlmnd 2/16/18 5:31 PM

I wonder if the OP sought out a wing forum to complain on after he saw the bad wing night at Volusia? I'm guessing no.

Don't feel the trolls.

Rpracing1 2/16/18 5:56 PM

And just like that, "Poof" he gone!

WinglessLovers 2/16/18 7:07 PM

We've have been to Bubba Raceway Park six times this year so far & last night was the worst by far. Don't know what happened but I will bet it will not be that bad the next two nights. Rubbered up pretty good one of the All Star nights last week also. Can't judge any division on one night of racing. Get real!!! If gentleman who started thread does come to East Bay tonight he will see what a terrible crowd really looks like. See all the true IOW'ers tomorrow at Bubba.

Bruce Eckel

Backitin 2/16/18 8:28 PM

Originally Posted by 1121:
I don’t mean to be contrary, but you guys are complaining about a poster that has done the same that many of you have.

Please remember that I own and drive sprint cars. I have driven dirt and pavement, wing and non-winged. My Dad drove before I did. I have spent my life going to the races and yes, as far as a sprint car, non-winged dirt is my favorite. I’ve been to over 140 racetracks. I’ve raced at over 80.

Here is a guy who did nothing more than post his opinion. And maybe he was correct. Maybe he wasn’t. And maybe he was a bit more blunt then some of us would have liked. But at least he was at the races. Many of you have said a lot worse about winged racing and haven’t even been to the race. There’s one member of this site that it seems like every post he bashes winged racing, but confesses he hasn’t been to a race in years because there’s no non-winged racing in his area.

There’s another member that states he hates pavement racing because he went to a pavement race 30 years ago and didn’t like it.

There was just a post about NASCAR. Many of you stating how bad it was, but how many of you were there? Or have even ever been to a NASCAR race?

I’m not talking about watching it on TV. Television does not do any form of racing justice. You only see part of a race on TV. I’ve been to hundreds of races and never once have I said afterword’s, “Man, I wish I saw that on TV.” Most of the best racing happens back in the pack, an area TV misses many times.

So here’s my challenge to you guys (and girls). When you post a negative comment about any form of racing, you have to show your ticket stub (or wrist band). Let us who really care know you were there.

Tom Paterson

This post is ridiculous if you are saying (which you are) that you have to be at a race in person to know that it sucked. Because some folks can sit thru anything and be entertained doesn't mean we are all simple in our likes and dislikes. If I think winged racing sucks why the hell would I go waste my money to spectate.
I wish I was so simple, hence simple to entertain.

revjimk 2/16/18 9:33 PM

Originally Posted by 1121:

Tom Paterson

"There’s another member that states he hates pavement racing because he went to a pavement race 30 years ago and didn’t like it."...
That could have been me. I never said that I "hated" pavement racing, just that I didn't care for it. There is only a finite amount of time & money in our lives, & I have other interests, no time to waste on things I don't enjoy. Anyone else likes pavement, fine with me, have your fun.
Actually, I went to TWO pavement races & it was over 40 years ago!
But I can understand your "booster" attitude towards all racing, just not my cup of tea....

revjimk 2/16/18 9:37 PM

And the other thing is, HE STARTED IT! We were only playing defense vs. his insulting comments about wingless racing.
I like the winged cars too, have never put them down (as long as its on dirt!):23:

1121 2/16/18 10:29 PM

You misconstrued my words. A good race is almost always a good race. But sometimes a race that looks bad on TV is actually a good race that you may not be seeing because it’s not happening in the front.

Let me try to explain with a personal story. I was running in a race that was televised (tape delay) and I had to run the B-main. We’re a pretty poor team and we really needed the feature start money. The B-main, as most are, started straight up (fastest in the front) and the guy who started on the pole walked away with it. I started farther back and was in a race long battle for the last transfer spot. We ran side by side for most of the race and we actually swapped positions three times on the last lap. I finally prevailed with a slide underneath coming off the last corner of the last lap. We won the transfer spot by maybe a bumper.

Good race or bad race? I’d say it was a good race since several people came down out of the stands after the races and told me how exciting it was. Some told me I barely squeaked it out. Others said they thought for sure the other guy beat me.

Does it become a bad race if I tell you there was a wing on the car? I don’t think so

Does it become a bad race if I tell you it was also on pavement? I don’t think so.

But a couple of weeks later when it was on TV, when they showed the B-main, all they showed was the leader going round and round. A good race became a bad race.

Now I’m not saying you shouldn’t watch racing on TV. (I don’t need angry letters from Dave Argabright or Brad Doty:D). But I’m saying is that you can’t judge a racing series or genre by solely what you see on TV. And watching racing on TV is a lot better than watching old re-runs of Jake and the Fatman :).

If that makes me simple, so be it. I’d rather be simple, happy and at the races then angry and on the couch.

Tom Paterson

Ps: Revjim, Did you mention you live in Colorado?