IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Best Sprint car races on Indy 500 weekend (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=92109)

watchemgofast 5/17/16 10:17 AM

Best Sprint car races on Indy 500 weekend

Where are the best Sprint car races on Friday & Saturday of Indy 500 weekend? Coming up from Arkansas for the 500 and tentative plans are for Bloomington Friday but curious as to what other races I could hit??

Jim Gardner 5/17/16 10:20 AM

Re: Best Sprint car races on Indy 500 weekend

Little 500 at Anderson Saturday night. You'll never miss one again.

midget39 5/17/16 10:24 AM

Little 500 is a must see if you have never been.

WinglessLovers 5/17/16 12:56 PM

Lincoln Park has MSCS sprints on Saturday night.

Bruce Eckel

Ty 5/17/16 1:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinglessLovers (Post 445900)
Lincoln Park has MSCS sprints on Saturday night.

Bruce Eckel

I second LPS. You won't find a bigger cushion anywhere else.

LB 5/17/16 1:32 PM

Yep ,Bloomington , lil 500 Saturday night , big speedway Sunday and then if you can ,, Kokomo Sunday night , it's Indy in May the best time of the year

davidm 5/17/16 2:58 PM

If you're at a Sprint Car race in Indiana its the best!

miledirt 5/17/16 3:00 PM

USAC sprint cars on Wednesday night at Terre Haute

Al Pierce 5/17/16 3:04 PM

And/or MSCS Sprints at Haubstadt Sunday night. It's on your way home.

1121 5/17/16 3:08 PM

As a fan, the start of the Little 500 is the most awesome sight in all of sprint car racing.

As a driver, the start of the Little 500 is the most rectum clenching moment in all of sprint car racing.

Tom Paterson
PDP Racing

LB 5/17/16 3:30 PM

Be the spotter , your worn out too

watchemgofast 5/17/16 4:09 PM

Read many stories about the Little 500,sounds like a must-see event for sprint car fans. The Haubstadt deal sounds like a possibility too,heard good things about that track. Sprint car racing has become watered down in the mid-south,I've been to 2 Knoxville Nationals but always heard Indiana is where the true sprint car racing is,can't wait to check some of it out. Thanks for all the help & info!

Stephen Cording 5/17/16 5:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watchemgofast (Post 445922)
Read many stories about the Little 500,sounds like a must-see event for sprint car fans. The Haubstadt deal sounds like a possibility too,heard good things about that track. Sprint car racing has become watered down in the mid-south,I've been to 2 Knoxville Nationals but always heard Indiana is where the true sprint car racing is,can't wait to check some of it out. Thanks for all the help & info!

I'm flying out from England and my plans are Friday - Bloomington, Saturday - Little 500, Sunday - Indy 500 then Kokomo (for the real racing). But if Haubstadt was on my route home I'd be hitting that.

I'm unsure about the Monday...............Do i really want to watch a $30 dusty 'ever so fast, faster than a non-wing sprinter, like that means something' parade lap or eat a kick-ass juicy $30 steak meal? Sorry but I find Wing Racing very, very boring and over priced. But a steak cooked rare is very, very sexy and very, very satisfying leaving me wanting more.

You get my drift.

:32:

Stevensville Mike 5/17/16 8:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1121 (Post 445918)
As a driver, the start of the Little 500 is the most rectum clenching moment in all of sprint car racing.

Now THAT is FUNNY! :8:

ModernDayDrifter 5/17/16 11:06 PM

Leaving Memphis, TN on Wednesday Morning for Sprint Cars at Terre Haute. Turn 1 infield is one of the most jaw dropping views in motorsports. Thursday we will do some activities at the Speedway and then Silver Crown at the Mile. Friday we plan to do the whole deal at the Speedway practice, Indy Lights, Pit Stop Challenge, and Journey Concert. Leaving there early if needed (okay with missing concert) to catch Sprint cars at Bloomington. Saturday we currently have planned to go to Legends Day at the Speedway concerts and then Putnamville for MSCS. Sunday the Bryan Clauson packge Indy 500 and Kokomo. Leaving for Memphis Monday morning and stopping by USCS Sprint Car show in Atwood, Tennessee. We have a few back up plans for in case weather dont cooperate. Looking forward to my first Indy 500 and my first Silver Crown mile race.

fasster23 5/18/16 1:20 AM

Silver Crown Carb Night Classic The Race Before the 500 Friday night at LORP (IRP)

treecitytornado 5/18/16 1:36 AM

Everyone looks like they forgot the World of Outlaws at Lawrenceburg on Monday, Memorial Day.

PAW 5/18/16 7:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treecitytornado (Post 445950)
Everyone looks like they forgot the World of Outlaws at Lawrenceburg on Monday, Memorial Day.

Day off to get ready for midget week.

Unlucky#9 5/18/16 7:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModernDayDrifter (Post 445945)
Leaving Memphis, TN on Wednesday Morning for Sprint Cars at Terre Haute. Turn 1 infield is one of the most jaw dropping views in motorsports. Thursday we will do some activities at the Speedway and then Silver Crown at the Mile. Friday we plan to do the whole deal at the Speedway practice, Indy Lights, Pit Stop Challenge, and Journey Concert. Leaving there early if needed (okay with missing concert) to catch Sprint cars at Bloomington. Saturday we currently have planned to go to Legends Day at the Speedway concerts and then Putnamville for MSCS. Sunday the Bryan Clauson packge Indy 500 and Kokomo. Leaving for Memphis Monday morning and stopping by USCS Sprint Car show in Atwood, Tennessee. We have a few back up plans for in case weather dont cooperate. Looking forward to my first Indy 500 and my first Silver Crown mile race.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasster23 (Post 445949)
Silver Crown Carb Night Classic The Race Before the 500 Friday night at LORP (IRP)

Until these 2 posted, I was going to say has everyone forgotten that the hoosier 100 is going to be running at the state fair grounds on Thursday???? While I understand that it's not technically "sprint car" racing, it should still be a pretty decent show. I know that I'll be there with the family.

watchemgofast 5/18/16 1:27 PM

Hey,I'm down with Silver Crown cars,never seen them on dirt but seen a couple pavement races at Memphis 3/4 mile track. Thanks for info on their races especially the IRP one,thinking that might be a good backup plan for Bloomington(weather).

OSF 5/18/16 2:11 PM

Little 500 without question. 33 cars, 500 laps, live pit stops, high banked 1/4 mile bullring.

Current entry list up to 33 cars with more expected;

http://andersonspeedway.com/wp-conte...-PROGRAM-3.pdf

flagboy55 5/19/16 7:31 AM

Honestly you can't go wrong with any of the suggestions. The steak dinner quote was kinda funny, but I can get that any day of the week, so I'll take the outlaws instead