IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   USAC hijacking the forum. (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=107804)

55fan 1/21/19 12:05 PM

USAC hijacking the forum.

Seems that USAC has the entire front page of the forum. Maybe it is about time they have their own thread. JMHO.

Josh Spencer 1/21/19 12:15 PM

I love it, especially in the winter! You can go back and reminisce on what happened and when, now there getting before my time! Keep it coming! Good job to who ever is doing it, sure it’s Richie.

Josh Spencer

55fan 1/21/19 12:16 PM

It's not that I don't like the stories. It just belongs in its own place.

revjimk 1/21/19 12:27 PM

Re: USAC hijacking the forum.

No big deal. If you don't like it, don't read it

Charles Nungester 1/21/19 12:31 PM

I love it actually, That 1989 review brought back so many memories of Staab and the others as this was a time I was working on a Bomber and sometimes helpin Staab and by all means following USAC hard.

That first race at Florence was when Jeff Gordon won his first winged race in the 6

Seems like yesterday. Wow.

Anyway, It's part of the site that allows USAC, ASCS and some others to post Press releases directly to the board. I say keep it!
Chuck

55fan 1/21/19 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revjimk (Post 507783)
No big deal. If you don't like it, don't read it

Read my post directly above yours. Thanks 🏁🏁

scottyCbus 1/21/19 12:47 PM

Post away It's always nice to see some of that history being posted. I looked most of it over and saw that the races in those days when I was in my teens were 40 and 50 lappers. Now days the races are 25 to 30 laps. Those 10 extra laps back then I'm sure made things interesting and could do the same today. Plus seeing all those legends of sport sure brought back fond memories for myself at those races. :):6::32:

55fan 1/21/19 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyCbus (Post 507789)
Post away It's always nice to see some of that history being posted. I looked most of it over and saw that the races in those days when I was in my teens were 40 and 50 lappers. Now days the races are 25 to 30 laps. Those 10 extra laps back then I'm sure made things interesting and could do the same today. Plus seeing all those legends of sport sure brought back fond memories for myself at those races. :):6::32:

Mr Scott I have read and enjoyed the Usac history. I am only interested in the placement. I'm sure we were at a lot of those same races you are talking about. I just think they need a separate thread. This part is for user discussion. I don't have a problem with promoting upcoming events and and current news here. Just the history could have its own thread.

richie 1/21/19 1:07 PM

When something is posted on the USAC website, it gets automatically posted here on IOW. It's how the algorithms are set up, or what have you. Not controlled on my end. It's the offseason (for the most part) and staying up til 4am to post this stuff on our website for historical sake is what I've been doing. Glad to see you all are enjoying the content!

55fan 1/21/19 1:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richie (Post 507796)
When something is posted on the USAC website, it gets automatically posted here on IOW. It's how the algorithms are set up, or what have you. Not controlled on my end. It's the offseason (for the most part) and staying up til 4am to post this stuff on our website for historical sake is what I've been doing. Glad to see you all are enjoying the content!

Thanks for the clarification. This forum is great. Keep up the good work. I'll leave it at that.

Grocery Guy 1/21/19 1:52 PM

Love all the USAC information on the front page, especially during the off season when we are searching for articles to read. Going back in time has been fun to read. And really appreciate all the USAC results and stories we get during the racing months. We know right where to go to get quick results and updated point standings.

Thank you Richie for all your hard efforts. We all owe you a big thanks for staying up many late nights to keep us entertained.

mlamb 1/21/19 2:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 55fan (Post 507779)
Seems that USAC has the entire front page of the forum. Maybe it is about time they have their own thread. JMHO.

I respect your opinion 55fan, everybody has the right to an opinion certainly.
I happen to love the old reviews of USAC seasons. As I’d been fortunate enough to see the majority of that in person.
Remembering guys whom paved the road for the kids in open wheel racing today is a good thing I believe. It’s rich history is the cornerstone our sport was built on.

Chief Wahoo 1/21/19 4:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richie (Post 507796)

I always wondered how USAC announcements got posted on here so quick. Now I know. Darn if you don't learn something everyday.

i love dirt track racing 1/21/19 4:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo (Post 507806)
I always wondered how USAC announcements got posted on here so quick. Now I know. Darn if you don't learn something everyday.

God bless America and thanks for all the great racing events that have been posted. This is why bill built this house and thanks to mrs.g and the family for letting us to continue his dream of giving racing families the best of the best. Have fun and enjoy all the great things that we all love. Thanks.

staggerman 1/21/19 7:17 PM

I thought this site was usacfans.com .....oh wait, it was then USAC made them change the name to IOW, little trip down memory lane. LOL

Tim Bookmiller 1/21/19 9:23 PM

I do not think USAC controls this site --YOU do if you do not want to read it do not click on it . I for one being a old timer enjoy USAC from the past to help me remember and enjoy years from the past . you and your mouse are in control

RRoberts 1/21/19 9:55 PM

I'm with Tim on this one.......even though I'm not an Old Timer..........Hey Richie how's about a look back at the sprints in 1992'!

flagboy55 1/21/19 10:38 PM

Richie, you’re the best! Thanks for taking the time to take some of us back to some of the best times in United States Auto Club history. I was front and center for a lot of that. Great to do a little recap and see names that spark memories of races gone by. Even got to see my name a couple times. My only regret is I haven’t had time to read them all

Mrs G 1/21/19 11:02 PM

Folks, the forum is working exactly as designed, and is set to pick up newsworthy feeds from various predetermined sites. It just so happens that Richie Murray, with USAC, has been very busy resulting in multiple threads over the last week. If this is bothersome to you, you can always utilize the ignore feature that has been built into the site.

Scott Daloisio 1/22/19 2:42 AM

Great work Richie! Thank you so much.

Jerry Spencer 1/22/19 3:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs G (Post 507824)
Folks, the forum is working exactly as designed, and is set to pick up newsworthy feeds from various predetermined sites. It just so happens that Richie Murray, with USAC, has been very busy resulting in multiple threads over the last week. If this is bothersome to you, you can always utilize the ignore feature that has been built into the site.

Mrs OZ has come from behind the curtain and has spoken. Thank you young lady for everything you do.

Love it just the way it is so keep on keepin on

Jerry #66j

Mrs G 1/22/19 3:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Spencer (Post 507842)
Mrs OZ has come from behind the curtain and has spoken. Thank you young lady for everything you do.

Love it just the way it is so keep on keepin on

Jerry #66j

Thanks, Jerry!❤️

Gregg 1/22/19 4:55 PM

Thanks Richie. You are the reincarnation of Dwight Clock. Keep it coming.

hoosier race fan 1/22/19 8:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 55fan (Post 507779)

https://i.gifer.com/B73.gif

http://usacracing.com/media/k2/items...d303472_XL.jpg

55fan SUSPENDED FOR REMAINDER OF 2019 USAC/IOW OFFSEASON

On January 21st, the United States Auto Club/Indiana Open Wheel Apologists committee held a comprehensive review regarding numerous actions conducted by 55fan, an IOW member. These actions follow several discussions between nostalgic USAC fans and 55fan during the 2019 USAC off-season postings. All of 55fan's actions reviewed were deemed detrimental to the sport of internet message board posting and reminiscing about the good old days.

On January 22nd, a meeting was not held, but several key message board members posted their repeated concerns.

The findings of the Old Farts Committee and action taken is as follows under IOW Rule 10.32:

Continued criticisms of USAC robo-postings and IOW have imposed harm and risk to the viability of IOW. As such, the United States Auto Club and Indiana Open Wheel has imposed the following fines and penalties for the 2019 offseason for 55fan:

1. Prohibited from complaining about any and all USAC robo-postings for the remainder of calendar year 2019.

2. Forfeiture of total post count for the 2019 calendar year.

3. Posting allowed on IOW in 2019 under probation with zero tolerance for similar actions.

These posting limitations and penalties are effective immediately.

Chris Nunn 1/22/19 8:17 PM

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Chief Wahoo 1/22/19 9:44 PM

Dude, best post ever!! :9::9:
Quote:

Originally Posted by hoosier race fan (Post 507852)

On January 21st, the United States Auto Club/Indiana Open Wheel Apologists committee held a comprehensive review regarding numerous actions conducted by 55fan, an IOW member. These actions follow several discussions between nostalgic USAC fans and 55fan during the 2019 USAC off-season postings. All of 55fan's actions reviewed were deemed detrimental to the sport of internet message board posting and reminiscing about the good old days.

On January 22nd, a meeting was not held, but several key message board members posted their repeated concerns.

The findings of the Old Farts Committee and action taken is as follows under IOW Rule 10.32:

Continued criticisms of USAC robo-postings and IOW have imposed harm and risk to the viability of IOW. As such, the United States Auto Club and Indiana Open Wheel has imposed the following fines and penalties for the 2019 offseason for 55fan:

1. Prohibited from complaining about any and all USAC robo-postings for the remainder of calendar year 2019.

3. Posting allowed on IOW in 2019 under probation with zero tolerance for similar actions.

RockinRy 1/23/19 12:56 AM

That's hilarious Hoosier Race Fan.....my eyes are watering I laughed so hard.

chop 1/23/19 8:13 AM

Is he allowed to go to Kokomo?

racenut69 1/23/19 12:07 PM

:3:
Quote:

Originally Posted by hoosier race fan (Post 507852)

55fan 1/23/19 12:47 PM

I consider myself chastised.😂😂😂

RockinRy 1/23/19 3:00 PM

I will expect to see Free the 55fan T-shirts available online by the end of the day. :)

7horse 1/23/19 10:34 PM

Exactly, who cares about the 1985 USAC season when cars only went 50 mph

BrentTFunk 1/24/19 7:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7horse (Post 507899)
Exactly, who cares about the 1985 USAC season when cars only went 50 mph

Yeah, those cars used to just crawl around tracks like the Indy mile.

Chris Nunn 1/24/19 12:50 PM

Consider the source. 7horse has zero posts that contribute positively to the forum.