IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Looking for help with west coast (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=63515)

Robert Ballou 10/9/12 9:48 AM

Looking for help with west coast

Our crash at Kokomo left MPHG in a position to be unable to make the trip and I haven't been able to secure a ride for all of the USAC west coast races.

If I can find some fuel and tire sponsors I will take my car on the open trailer out there. I am currently in the top 10 in points and would really like to finish the season. If anyone is interested in helping please contact me at 916-206-8005 or robert@balloumotorsports.com

Thank you,

Robert Ballou

BrentTFunk 10/9/12 8:12 PM

Re: Looking for help with west coast

Good luck. With as good of a year as you have had, I would hate to see you miss the end of the season, in your home state no less. The only thing missing for you has been some decent luck.

Robert Ballou 10/10/12 10:03 PM

Thanks to those who have offered to help fund my open trailer tour west! I'm really close just need a little more to cover tires and fuel - Sacha and I are covering the rest. Again thanks to everyone for even just spreading the word, we really appreciate it.

410fuelinjected 10/10/12 10:23 PM

Maybe the seat in the 1K Kyle Larson ride is available since KL can no longer run the non-wing cars or Josh Ford's car since he was schedule to drive it out west? Best of luck and hope you find something to finish the year as every show needs a good MADMAN to cheer for.

Robert Ballou 10/11/12 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 410fuelinjected (Post 305773)
Maybe the seat in the 1K Kyle Larson ride is available since KL can no longer run the non-wing cars or Josh Ford's car since he was schedule to drive it out west? Best of luck and hope you find something to finish the year as every show needs a good MADMAN to cheer for.

Ford's already secured a driver....I found out too late that I wouldn't be free so they hired someone else. Name of the game....early bird getting the worm and all that....idk about the 1K car...I'm open to anything though - I just want to finish.

smith19 10/11/12 12:47 PM

old school open trailer to the left coast. dam, go get em buddy........................

ShamrockRacin'48G 10/11/12 3:33 PM

You should get $500 tow money just for having an open trailer, go man go.....

Wayne Davis 10/11/12 6:17 PM

I'll be straight up, I'm not one of your biggest fans but I will send you 20.00 to help out...not much but all I can afford on disability.....there has been Views: 1,996 of this thread and if everyone would send this young gasser a buck or 2 it would make his dream come true...a man and his wife in an open trailer to finish the season out.....Robert post up your pay pal so I can send you 20.00....I'll ask my wife if I can do 50.00 can't promise anything.....I challenge any other non wing sprint car fan to help him out....like I said I'm not his biggest fan, but am willing to help out a fellow racer in need....Wayne Davis

do like the old school cowboy look!!!

http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8302209f.jpg

crow 10/11/12 8:02 PM

$20 on the way.

big3131 10/11/12 8:58 PM

ok I can spare $20.. where too

Eldora Three 10/11/12 9:16 PM

I sold my Jack Hewitt book so I'll donate the $30. Where do I send it.

ThePurple73 10/11/12 10:05 PM

PM me a way to do the paypal Bobalooo. I will help you out some.

Sent it...Good Luck!

Jbaldwin 10/11/12 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eldora Three (Post 305873)
I sold my Jack Hewitt book so I'll donate the $30. Where do I send it.

You have to have a account on Paypal. Start one and there is a send money tab(blue). Under who to put
robert@balloumotorsports.com.

Robert Ballou 10/11/12 11:18 PM

I don't want anyone to put theirselves into a bind to help us out - I mean that. There will be other races (did I seriously just say that?) I know I have some great fans and I have a lot of people that don't like me. That's ok - I know I'm a big pill to swallow sometimes. I've been trying really hard this year to do better - sometimes I have blown it - and trust me I know when I do - but I am trying to at least not let my emotions get the best of me. I have known nothing but racing since I was 5 years old and at the end of a race when something goes wrong and someone sticks a microphone in your face or the guy that you think (sometimes wrongly) made a bonehead move it is tough to hold back and be PC. I am working on that. I know when I screw up (most of the time - if not someone usually tells me) and sometimes I even really think things went one way in my head only to see the video and realize that it wasn't the way I thought at all.

I just love to race. It's all I've ever known. Some people won't like me and I get that - some people will like me because I can't rein in my emotions also and I know that too.....I'm just trying to do the best I can each race. Guys that used to really bug me don't bug me so much anymore - I see younger guys coming up that are going to be serious contenders.....all I can tell you is that I'm giving it 110% every time I'm on the track - sometimes my 110% isn't enough - sometimes it is.

For those of you that want to donate my paypal is robert@balloumotorsports.com or you can find me both nights at Terre Haute or send me a PM and I'll give you my address....but please don't put yourself in a bind to do it - I would feel bad. And seriously it may seem like I'm talking out of my a$$ but I appreciate the well wishes just as much.

Robert Ballou

SP Motorsports 10/11/12 11:28 PM

Sent my little bit. Hopefully others will do the same. To me its not about the winning or losing, its about helping someone just like us live the dream!

410fuelinjected 10/11/12 11:30 PM

Check you PP money on the way.

tim brown 10/12/12 4:51 AM

I am in. Go get 'em Robert Ballou !!!

B Weber 10/12/12 8:21 AM

Count me in, sent out this morning, Good luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!

streetglider 10/12/12 8:46 AM

Does anybody have a breakdown of the year end point money for USAC ?

Rpracing1 10/12/12 8:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by streetglider (Post 305912)
Does anybody have a breakdown of the year end point money for USAC ?

Check the Owners Garage section on USAC web site. Please keep this thread On Topic and help out Robert if you are able. I just did.

Wayne Davis 10/12/12 9:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Ballou (Post 305882)
I know I'm a big pill to swallow sometimes. I've been trying really hard this year to do better - sometimes I have blown it - and trust me I know when I do - but I am trying to at least not let my emotions get the best of me.

I'm just trying to do the best I can each race......all I can tell you is that I'm giving it 110% every time I'm on the track - sometimes my 110% isn't enough - sometimes it is.

....but please don't put yourself in a bind to do it - I would feel bad. And seriously it may seem like I'm talking out of my a$$ but I appreciate the well wishes just as much.

Robert Ballou

Robert YOU just made a new fan....totally understand your point........$$$ on the way through paypal....want to also support you with buying a tee shirt....are they on your website................

I know how hard it is to not be able to race due to lack of funds so that is why I put up to challenge RACE FANS.... whether you are a Ballou fan or not...the kid had the BALLS to get on here and ask for help and many are stepping up to the plate....

:22:...MAYBE AMERICA IS NOT DEAD YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!:22:

ShamrockRacin'48G 10/12/12 1:41 PM

RB, I know what it's like to race on a budget....I sent ya $25, it aint much but I just want to help a brotha out....hammer down...

koolaid89 10/12/12 3:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Ballou (Post 305576)
Our crash at Kokomo left MPHG in a position to be unable to make the trip and I haven't been able to secure a ride for all of the USAC west coast races.

If I can find some fuel and tire sponsors I will take my car on the open trailer out there. I am currently in the top 10 in points and would really like to finish the season. If anyone is interested in helping please contact me at 916-206-8005 or robert@balloumotorsports.com

Thank you,

Robert Ballou

I'll catch up with you @96 Sunday if 'ma nature cooperates.

cws9 10/12/12 3:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Ballou (Post 305576)

Thank you,

Robert Ballou

Robert - Are you coming through Kansas City along the way? I'd be happy to meet up with you and the crew and buy you lunch or something. Valley is running non wing every Saturday night through October. They are doing double duty on the 19th and 20th also. If it fits the schedule maybe you could hustle up some pocket change along the way west. Let me know your time frame....you know I'll contribute to the cause.
Chris

Eldora Three 10/12/12 8:25 PM

Sent you $30. I wish you all the luck with getting there and races.

leaglen 10/13/12 12:18 AM

I'm in. Never thought I could sponsor a sprint car. LOL. I remember years ago Larry Cannon helped pay for his Indy car by having people pay to put their name on the car. It was full of names.

SPRINTCAR 10/14/12 12:35 PM

When are you heading :31: west young (Mad) man?

Wayne Davis 10/16/12 10:33 AM

SEVEN THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED FIFTY ONE views....just think if you sent Robert 1 dollar for every view that would equate to $7,151.00...but there has been several IOW's finest to help the kid out....I myself am glad to see it happen...helping out a racer so he gets to race...We ALL come together to help out injured racers so again glad to see the help to get someone to the track!!!!!!:22:

suzuki756 10/18/12 9:16 PM

Good luck you got to post a picture with the open trailer . That would be cool! !!!!!!!!!! I have seen a few do it and nothing cooler than going out and beating the money teams I would love to see you do it.
Do you have any shirts still available
I will pay pal you
good luck man

Posted via Mobile Device

Tim Bookmiller 10/18/12 10:58 PM

I am in ..best of luck

mayor31 10/19/12 6:08 AM

Need to post pics from different stops on your trip out west

I Miss Manzy 10/19/12 7:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
As requested.....here's a pic of Robert and the car & trailer.

Indy 10/19/12 8:14 AM

I'm in for $35. Good Luck and do us proud!

Robert Ballou 10/19/12 12:15 PM

Thanks to all, I just put new bolts on the floor of the open trailer to keep the race car from rolling off. Plan on leaving Tuesday and we'll try to have updates on our twitter and FB page. For those of you that have sent money please PM me your address if you didn't already.

I hated having to ask - I'm much more of a "I'll do it on my own" kind of person but just couldn't pull it off. I really appreciate all the help every little bit has added up. I know there's a lot of things you could have spent your $ on and I am really thankful that you considered us.

Robert

tim brown 10/19/12 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Ballou (Post 306837)
Thanks to all, I just put new bolts on the floor of the open trailer to keep the race car from rolling off. Plan on leaving Tuesday and we'll try to have updates on our twitter and FB page. For those of you that have sent money please PM me your address if you didn't already.

I hated having to ask - I'm much more of a "I'll do it on my own" kind of person but just couldn't pull it off. I really appreciate all the help every little bit has added up. I know there's a lot of things you could have spent your $ on and I am really thankful that you considered us.

Robert

You want to Thank us Robert !!! GO Win some races Buddy!!!:22::31:

AustinSprinter 10/19/12 5:09 PM

Looking for help with West Coast Trip!!...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Ballou (Post 306837)

Robert

Good Luck 2 R&S Ballou!!...looks like you wont be here for 19/20 shows @ Canyon...mite ya again be round Martins/Eds shop while here in Phx,where I saw ya b4 ur WIN @ Tucson in W.W.!!...b4 that @ Ellis' Manzy 360 W.W. Victory BBQ...won w/the Kruzer'....