IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bob Clauson (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=107325)

racerjim2 12/8/18 2:49 PM

Bob Clauson

Just saw where he passed this afternoon.

PIT CART 12/8/18 3:08 PM

So sad to hear this, pulling into Gas City and not seeing him will be sad.RIP Bob

Checker'd Past 12/8/18 3:35 PM

Re: Bob Clausen

R.I.P., my friend.

mc/rider 12/8/18 4:18 PM

Bob Clausen ,a true road warrior.I salute you with a Budweiser in my hand. RIP brother:32: :9:

Charles Nungester 12/8/18 4:26 PM

I knew it was pretty serious by a few post I had seen elsewhere, but without confirmation from family I wasn't going to spread anything.

That being said, I'm truly saddened by his loss. Spent more than a few hours in the Clauson Camp prior to races and at a few Frolics including him and his after and of course a big howdy at every track we were at together..

Lastly I'm most saddened for the family. A class act, top to bottom. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Going to hoist a Bud in Bob's honor tonight.

BrentTFunk 12/8/18 4:37 PM

RIP Bob. Bob's love of racing had a profound effect on the sport when he passed it on. Thoughts with Monica, Tim and the rest of the family, and his many friends.

racegal 12/8/18 4:49 PM

I am so sad! Bob will be missed by MANY!! :13::13: :9:
My sincerest condolences go out to all of Bob's family and his many many friends!

Bob, "I understand your leaving but the party just won't be the same". :13::(

bigq11 12/8/18 4:50 PM

So sad to see this. It won't be the same to pull into most any sprint race and not see the Discovery already sitting there. Prayers for Monica, Tim, and all family.

Andrew S. Quinn 12/8/18 5:08 PM

I've had the good fortune to chat with the Clauson's at many different tracks,literally all over the country. RIP BOB......

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6d917064.jpg

dirtnonwingfan 12/8/18 5:48 PM

RIP Bob. You did what many of us just dream of, living your life the way you wanted to, on your own terms. You will be missed by so many. My prayers to Monica and the whole family.

PJ Wright 12/8/18 6:08 PM

Very sad news. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

LB 12/8/18 6:12 PM

Rip bob ,,,I'll make sure to have a Budweiser at the burg

kdobson 12/8/18 6:22 PM

One of my favorite things I've ever done while operating a race track was sitting and having a cold one with Bob in our parking lot at Jacksonville during our POWRi midget weeks days in advance of the show. I'd say I only met him 3-4 times... and only for those events but it was without a doubt something I looked forward to the most. I can say that I've never had one of those shows without purposefully checking the lot for Bob. He hadn't been here for a few years... and I missed him each time. A cold Bud in one hand, an unfiltered stick in the other, smile on his face and a story to tell.

RacinBabe 12/8/18 7:52 PM

We are so sorry to hear this! Always enjoyed seeing Bob, Monica and Jade at the races. It won’t be the same without him.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Monica, Tim and the family.

Bob, enjoy watching the races from the big track in the sky.

Kelly and Mike

NOSTINKINWINGS 12/8/18 10:57 PM

Roll out "THE HEAVIES" one last time....R.I.P. Bob

RobRich 12/8/18 11:16 PM

So sorry to hear this. I too have been lucky to experience Bob an Monika’s hospitality and kindness at their RV, after being introduced by ASQRFAL. One time, Bob even gave me one of Brian’s shirts after an enjoyable chat all afternoon at Oskaloosa back in 2005 I’m guessing. My thoughts and prayers are with Monika and family, all the way from Australia. God Speed Bob, you were one of the good guys for sure.

ronmil 12/8/18 11:23 PM

It won’t be the same at the races this summer without Bob and his familiar motor home in the parking lot.
Rest In Peace, Bob! You will be long remembered by all who knew you.

jim goerge 12/9/18 12:02 AM

Man I hate to read this! I met Bob and Monica at LPS, and spent the afternoon talking with them and bending my elbow . Sure going to be strange to pull up at LPS and not hear a Hey Jim.. Going to have a Bud . RIP my friend :22:

7horse 12/9/18 12:51 AM

Can't even spell his name right?

Midget 89 12/9/18 11:00 AM

How was Bob Clauson relates to Bryan and Tim?

Charles Nungester 12/9/18 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midget 89 (Post 506148)
How was Bob Clauson relates to Bryan and Tim?

Grandpa and father

i love dirt track racing 12/9/18 1:09 PM

Our racing family's send out our prayers and thoughts with the clauson family's. A meet and greet with him and the time that we all have shared will definitely be something that we all will miss. Thanks Bob for the memories and thanks for being apart of the things that we love. Simply the best. Rip . Bob clauson. Thanks.

racenut69 12/9/18 11:11 PM

Re: Bob Clauson

RIP,Mowerman.....Prayers to the family,Bob was one of a kind!

Stephen Cording 12/10/18 9:12 AM

We first met Monica & Bob in 2011 at Gas City, Indiana on the opening night of the USAC Indiana Sprint Week. Since then we went from being friends, to being treated as family.

The shout of "Steve" as i walked jetlagged around the front of Discovery as Bob jumped up from his chair to give both me and Ailsa the warmest of hugs and the usual greeting of "Got a cold one waiting for you guys" became the greeting that announced our latest Racing Vacation.

Monica who was usually inside the RV, would make her way outside on hearing the 11am British accents breaking the peace of the still at rest race track with a shout of "your here' and more hugs. Then Ailsa and Monica would get onto the serious business of seat planning and T-Shirt discussions until the Pits opened while Bob would look on half guessing what Ailsa was saying in her Northumberland accent.

That's pretty much how all our racing vacations started.

For me as an Englishman Bob was the American Outlaw, living his life, his way, on his terms.

Driving over from Cali to catch races all summer in Indiana is only a dream most of us can only dream of. It's certainly something I'll never be able to achieve.

Thank you for the time we got did get to spend together. It wasn't long enough, but then it never is in life, is it.

Tell them you love them.

AND Don't just talk about it. Make it happen. Life really is just a Green, White, Chequered.

Rpracing1 12/10/18 9:47 AM

Prayers go out to the Clauson family from our race crew.............John, Michael, Brian, Mike and myself. Had the pleasure of meeting Bob a few times. Genuine as the come. RIP.

davidm 12/10/18 10:24 AM

Thoughts and prayers to the Clauson family.

Nate 12/10/18 12:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Was really bummed to hear about the passing of Bob this weekend. Bob and Monica have always welcomed me at their campsite since meeting them after I moved back to Indiana. Always full of great stories and ready to debate anything going on around the Indiana dirt track scene. I brought a first timer to a race at Gas City a few years back and Bob gave him a BC shirt since he wasn't wearing a racing shirt himself. Just serves as an example of the type of person Bob was. It will definitely be different in 2019 not having him around at places like LPS, Bloomington or Kokomo.

BrentTFunk 12/10/18 7:21 PM

The first time I met Bob is when he and Monica were following the All Stars, and I was working at Kokomo Speedway. They had their old motorhome, and still traveled with their dog Brutus. We talked about that last year, and he always wished Brutus could have rode in the new motor home. RIP

TJRACER 12/12/18 5:27 PM

Rest In Peace, Bob! Will not be the same this summer without Bob, Monica, Jade and the familiar motor home. He always had a big wave for me when I pulled into the track. Will have an extra Bud for you this weekend.

Whiskey Tom

racefan20 12/12/18 5:56 PM

I think you might still see the motorhome at a track near you.