IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Kyle Cummins (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=106352)

ryan84 9/23/18 11:29 AM

Kyle Cummins

I know I can't be the only person rooting for Kyle to win the WAR race at Fairbury on October 6th and get that $ 20000 bonus. Hope he parks it that night, him and the team deserve it. Wishing them the best of luck

hoosierhillbilly 9/23/18 11:32 AM

After the season they have had, it would be awesome if they got the triple crown payday.

Chief Wahoo 9/24/18 2:56 AM

Re: Kyle Cummins

I just wish Kyle would get back to form at TSS. I hope they figure out what the car needs, cause I miss the slide job battles between him and KTJ.

ryan84 9/25/18 8:24 AM

Well Fairbury just cancelled the race 2 weeks out due to rain...... I guess we'll see where WAR has this race now? Maybe Haubstadt

chathamracefan 9/25/18 8:58 AM

Just saw that on the Fairbury web page. Guess I won't be going there on 10/6. Was planning to. Seems like an odd reason to cancel this far out.

kylecumminsfan 9/25/18 9:10 AM

So will they race be ran some place else??

wildman92 9/25/18 9:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan84 (Post 502599)
Well Fairbury just cancelled the race 2 weeks out due to rain...... I guess we'll see where WAR has this race now? Maybe Haubstadt

Now that’s a head scratcher.

farriswheel 9/25/18 10:27 AM

That pretty much sums up Kyle's season...

3Cfan 9/25/18 10:38 AM

wherever it's held, it needs to be the weekend of the 6th.

ryan84 9/25/18 10:54 AM

Surely Kyle will be at TSS for the War race the next weekend.

farriswheel 9/25/18 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan84 (Post 502608)
Surely Kyle will be at TSS for the War race the next weekend.

Of course he will be. However, that's not the same opportunity that was initially offered. Let's just hope it pours at FALS the weekend of October 5-6, or it's going to be ugly!

Midget98 9/25/18 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan84 (Post 502599)

I'm no expert, but how in the heck can anyone predict the weather that far ahead? By this logic, schedules that are put out before the season should already have rain-outs marked.

flagboy55 9/25/18 12:20 PM

I say just add the WAR sanction to the non wing portion of the Allstar race at Kokomo. Talk about an extravaganza!

jim goerge 9/25/18 2:14 PM

Since War is already set to be at Haubstadt with MSCS WHY not just run the race there? :16:8:

btg1963 9/25/18 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildman92 (Post 502602)

Amen Jen!

btg1963 9/25/18 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim goerge (Post 502631)
Since War is already set to be at Haubstadt with MSCS WHY not just run the race there? :16:8:

Selfishly Jim, I agree! Imagine Tommy and Loris running TV ads promoting Kyle Cummins opportunity for a bonus giving the biggest ever payday at Tri-State. However, I feel strongly that this race should be scheduled at a WAR supported track. If we had ran the WAR race in June, I would be all in, but this “triple crown” should go to a track that has supported the series longer than Tri State if possible.

jim goerge 9/26/18 4:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btg1963 (Post 502671)
Selfishly Jim, I agree! Imagine Tommy and Loris running TV ads promoting Kyle Cummins opportunity for a bonus giving the biggest ever payday at Tri-State. However, I feel strongly that this race should be scheduled at a WAR supported track. If we had ran the WAR race in June, I would be all in, but this “triple crown” should go to a track that has supported the series longer than Tri State if possible.

I can understand what you are saying, what I don"t understand is several on here saying race should be held at Kokomo. I really like Kokomo but I don"t recall them even booking a WAR race, at least Haubstadt did book one which got rained out but got rebooked which even Tom and Loris"s own series don"t have happen very often, I can recall it happening once before at THAT cuz Tom graded the track that day

ossuks 9/26/18 7:23 AM

JMO, which means zero....This race should be run at a WAR track, a track that supports WAR....on a date that does not allow for all the high budget racers to attend....This WAR series is a solid series for the working, blue collar racer, there are guys there that have the talent to run nationally, but maybe not the $$, or they would rather have a family life, or whatever their circumstance might be.... Also, I would question what the "Insurance" on this opportunity is? My guess would be that the $20,000 was insured with stipulations, so?? And maybe not, maybe someone put up the cash, but that would surprise me....My guess is Casey is trying to make the best choice with what ever cards he has to play? This might be a nightmare for him , or, he might have had a back-up plan all along....hope it goes well , what ever the outcome might be it was a great idea that was backed by good intentions!

PAW 9/26/18 8:09 AM

This race should not be run at Haubstadt nor Kokomo.

btg1963 9/26/18 9:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim goerge (Post 502678)
I can understand what you are saying, what I don"t understand is several on here saying race should be held at Kokomo. I really like Kokomo but I don"t recall them even booking a WAR race, at least Haubstadt did book one which got rained out but got rebooked which even Tom and Loris"s own series don"t have happen very often, I can recall it happening once before at THAT cuz Tom graded the track that day

I agree 100% regarding Kokomo Jim. Also, check out my post on the Fairbury topic. Both Casey and Mr. Dobson replied regarding questions I made. The saddest part in all of this is the 3c. The possibility he gets no chance at the $20K.

btg1963 9/26/18 9:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAW (Post 502683)
This race should not be run at Haubstadt nor Kokomo.

I do not disagree!

btg1963 9/26/18 9:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ossuks (Post 502681)
JMO, which means zero....This race should be run at a WAR track, a track that supports WAR....on a date that does not allow for all the high budget racers to attend....This WAR series is a solid series for the working, blue collar racer, there are guys there that have the talent to run nationally, but maybe not the $$, or they would rather have a family life, or whatever their circumstance might be.... Also, I would question what the "Insurance" on this opportunity is? My guess would be that the $20,000 was insured with stipulations, so?? And maybe not, maybe someone put up the cash, but that would surprise me....My guess is Casey is trying to make the best choice with what ever cards he has to play? This might be a nightmare for him , or, he might have had a back-up plan all along....hope it goes well , what ever the outcome might be it was a great idea that was backed by good intentions!

Agree 100%

cshuman 9/26/18 10:29 AM

The situation we were dealt would be pretty tough to resolve under normal circumstances, but with the $20,000 bonus involved, it presents a whole new set of challenges and hoops to jump through. We did have a contingency plan in place for weather, but moving dates and venues is something I am having to work on with the insurance company closely and make sure we give Kyle a chance to race for the Bell Helmets Triple Crown Bonus. I’m hoping to have everything done and ready to release this afternoon.

btg1963 9/26/18 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cshuman (Post 502696)
The situation we were dealt would be pretty tough to resolve under normal circumstances, but with the $20,000 bonus involved, it presents a whole new set of challenges and hoops to jump through. We did have a contingency plan in place for weather, but moving dates and venues is something I am having to work on with the insurance company closely and make sure we give Kyle a chance to race for the Bell Helmets Triple Crown Bonus. I’m hoping to have everything done and ready to release this afternoon.

Mr. Shuman, folks, is a stand up gentleman! As I said last night, best of luck getting this resolved Casey!

luckybuc97 9/26/18 1:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cshuman (Post 502696)

Brownstown Illinois.

i love dirt track racing 9/26/18 2:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildman92 (Post 502602)

I love you jen. ( can't we all get along " ) . Unbelievable. Thanks.

thunder31 9/26/18 4:27 PM

http://www.powri.com/news/?i=65971&clk=featureNews

Looks like Kokomo it is.

Chief Wahoo 9/26/18 8:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunder31 (Post 502723)

Damn it, was hoping TSS

jim goerge 9/26/18 9:17 PM

Hell maybe Tom can move the Harvest Cup race to Kokomo Seems like if they want something USUCK gives it to them and WAR is doing it too

Rpracing1 9/26/18 9:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim goerge (Post 502781)
Hell maybe Tom can move the Harvest Cup race to Kokomo Seems like if they want something USUCK gives it to them and WAR is doing it too

Jim, could you image the outrage it would have caused to have that event at Kyles Home track. Even as unsatisfactorily as that team has produced this year, that would have caused more of an uproar than Ballou’s suspension. Peace Brother!

cshuman 9/26/18 9:38 PM

What did WAR “give” to who?

Chief Wahoo 9/26/18 9:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rpracing1 (Post 502784)
Jim, could you image the outrage it would have caused to have that event at Kyles Home track. Even as unsatisfactorily as that team has produced this year, that would have caused more of an uproar than Ballou’s suspension. Peace Brother!

Yes Bobo you are right. There would have been conspiracy theories out the wazoo. If I’m not mistaken we saw Kyle get his first USAC win At Kokomo during sprint week 2016. At least I did, you might have had one to many Coors Lights. Best of luck Kyle, go get you some!!:22:

Dirtfan 9/26/18 9:44 PM

Casey,I for one want to Thank You for making the best out of a bad situation that you had absolutely no idea was coming.
We would Love to be in attendance but we have a family commitment,and family comes first.
Thanks for what Brooke & you do for the racing community.

btg1963 9/26/18 10:35 PM

THANKS CASEY!!!

We might not make Jacksonville due to work, but we will see your series in Kokomo and Haubstadt!

Good luck to Kyle Cummins in his quest for $20k!

farriswheel 9/27/18 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim goerge (Post 502781)

Jim, I'm sure Casey had a lot of hoops to jump through, but I'd guess the fact that Kokomo already had a race scheduled on the same weekend (Oct. 6) had a lot to do with the decision. I'm also guessing the logistics of Haubstadt in the southwestern tip of Indiana, and Kokomo much more north contributed, as more Powri regulars will be able to make the trip (hopefully). I applaud all parties involved for doing what it took to make things work for the best. I'll be the first to admit I was not happy about the Fairbury decision, but I will still be at Kokomo next Saturday!

flagboy55 9/27/18 6:17 PM

I just hope they checked the 2 weeks from now forecast before they scheduled it!