IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Joe Spiker runs Putnamville now (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=19627)

Bill Gardner 7/3/09 11:25 AM

Joe Spiker runs Putnamville now

I am happy to annouce that beginning July 6th, Joe Spiker is the new track promoter at Lincoln Park Speedway, Putnamville, Indiana. He will be at the drivers meeting this Saturday.

Joe truly cares about the LPS facility. He knows that a great deal of attention is required and is willing to invest the time and money into making Putnamville a great facility again.

LPS will continue to run on Saturday nights for 2009 and beyond

Please tune in for a special edition of "On Track On Radio" which will be broadcast live on http://www.racefanradio.com at 1:00pm Friday July 3rd. Joe will be the guest.
You can email the show ontrackonradio@racefanradio.com or call toll free 877-596-7223

I personally can't express enough how excited I am about this news... as I am sure many of you will feel the same way. :2::6:

Now, can we please get a USAC sprint week race there again!

D.O. 7/3/09 11:31 AM

Re: Joe Spiker runs Putnamville now

Thank You Joe Spiker :8::8::8::8::8::8::8::8: & Company!

Joe and all will be on ou show Monday.

Dirtfan 7/3/09 11:34 AM

Thats great news, 40 minutes from home:6: Lets hope for the return of ISW to LPS, and how about a MSCS & K.I.S.S. race also. But pleeaassee no school bus races.

Haulerin2deep 7/3/09 11:43 AM

What about VCS??? Hopefully he is staying on there as well..

Jerry Shaw 7/3/09 11:47 AM

As I've said many times before, that place could be a real jewel. It's easy to get to. The configuration lends it's self to being racy, when it's prepped right. And there isn't a bad seat in the house. Thank you Joe for rescuing LPS and giving her back to race fans everywhere. I predict you will be rewarded for making this investment.

With this and what he has done @ VCS, isn't there anyone who doesn't think Joe Spiker is an early candidate for Promoter of the Year?

Jerry

STIDA.com 7/3/09 11:48 AM

Hope everything works out for everyone...

Bill Gardner 7/3/09 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haulerin2deep (Post 115670)
What about VCS??? Hopefully he is staying on there as well..

Joe will continue to be the track promoter at VCS.

dirtfan98 7/3/09 11:51 AM

This just shows during this hard time on the sport we all love. Something good can happen.. I know i speak for many when i say thank god DA is gone! I am with Bill on this one hopefully we can get a sprintweek race now.. I just live five minutes away.. Nice job JOE.. :8:

hoosier sprinter 7/3/09 12:03 PM

Did he buy LPS or just promoting? DA still own it?

racefan20 7/3/09 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoosier sprinter (Post 115678)

That is my question too. Also are VCS ans LPS going to run against each other?

Bill Gardner 7/3/09 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoosier sprinter (Post 115678)

Joe Spiker owns Putnamville.

Wallsracing 7/3/09 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill gardner (Post 115680)
joe spiker owns putnamville.

i guess wishes do come true:6:

racephoto1 7/3/09 12:20 PM

Lloyd, time to get your bomber career restarted.

wingsareforcheaters 7/3/09 12:23 PM

In addition to a need for a sprint week date, how about a couple of MSCS dates and a date on the KISS series. This is the best news I have heard all day!!!!!

JEFFSTOY 7/3/09 12:29 PM

This is a great day for dirt racing in the area.

hoosier sprinter 7/3/09 12:34 PM

Wonder what brought this on, especially in mid-season? I mean, he is so well-liked by most :)

Mr. Happy 7/3/09 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Gardner (Post 115680)
Joe Spiker owns Putnamville.

IF this is actually true (and I have no reason to doubt the :11; that posted it), then all I can say is.............

OMFG!! There really is a Santa Claus!!!!!!!!!!

The self imposed ban to LPS may be lifted now. :32:

Wallsracing 7/3/09 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racephoto1 (Post 115682)
lloyd, time to get your bomber career restarted.

:3::19:

Eagle14 7/3/09 12:46 PM

And so the phoenix may rise again from the ashes.....WOW LPS is celebrating its independence from DA....free at last free at last thank god all mighty free at last. Maybe we should get t-shirt with Spiker standing infront of a tank in BEAUTIFUL down town Putnamville !!!!!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

VSneader2 7/3/09 12:55 PM

Wow that is the best news ever about that place. If any one can turn that track around he can. But I'm curious to about what will be done with lps and vcs running against each other. Yes they have been all year but that was before a real promotor got ahold of the track. Could we see sunday night racing somewhere besides kokomo agian?????? I guess i will have to start to go back to LPS once again.

Bill Gardner 7/3/09 12:59 PM

Tune in to RaceFanRadio.com... http://www.racefanradio.com/

DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE 7/3/09 1:02 PM

Thanks Joe, now lets get a sprint week race there and how bout a KISS race too. Lets get the dust bowl Boswell out of here and bring in LPS

D.O. 7/3/09 1:05 PM

Joe & USAC will be on our show Monday.

VCS will move to Friday nights, tin only once LPS reopens.

Joe lives 8 miles from LPS so they can work the track during the week.
Joe told me that they will closed LPS for 1 to 2 weeks to rebuild.
The track will be CUT after Sat night and regraded and shaped.

mayor31 7/3/09 1:13 PM

Man this is the best birthday present ever. and hell hasn't even frozen over. Now we can go back and support LPS:35:

DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE 7/3/09 1:16 PM

Wow, close it down in the middle of the season. I'm glad to see Joe wants some quick changes, This is great for LPS and everyone who lives close. Hey Joe how about LPS on Sundays

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

Hey Joe lets get the keg beer out of there and get some can beer

VSneader2 7/3/09 1:24 PM

I think LPS on sundays would be better then VCS on fridays. no one runs sprints on sunday in southern indiana. keep the sprints and go to sunday. you should get a decent car count. also it would improve car counts at VCS. you have to remember that most of the drivers work full time and live in indiana. so running on friday might hurt a little. but i could be wrong.

DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE 7/3/09 1:44 PM

I couldnt agree more VSneader2 that was said perfectly

Dirtfan 7/3/09 1:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VSneader2 (Post 115708)
I think LPS on sundays would be better then VCS on fridays. no one runs sprints on sunday in southern indiana. keep the sprints and go to sunday. you should get a decent car count. also it would improve car counts at VCS. you have to remember that most of the drivers work full time and live in indiana. so running on friday might hurt a little. but i could be wrong.

Got my vote:8:

3Cfan 7/3/09 1:48 PM

Sunday nights would be PERFECT!!!!

Haulerin2deep 7/3/09 1:49 PM

:11:
Quote:

Originally Posted by D.O. (Post 115697)
Joe & USAC will be on our show Monday.

VCS will move to Friday nights, tin only once LPS reopens.

Joe lives 8 miles from LPS so they can work the track during the week.
Joe told me that they will closed LPS for 1 to 2 weeks to rebuild.
The track will be CUT after Sat night and regraded and shaped.

Am I reading it wrong. D.O. are you saying VCS will be Friday nights with Tin tops only? no sprints???? I hope I read it wrong.

I agree about moving Putnamville to Sundays or even VCS. Friday nights make it impossible for a lot of people who have to travel far and work until 5. I would be out of luck if they moved it to Friday nights not that my one sprint car would hurt them but I know a lot of other guys in the same boat.

Bill Gardner 7/3/09 1:50 PM

I think Putnamville will not move to Sunday, it will stay a Saturday night track. I think the only decision is what day VCS will run.

D.O. 7/3/09 1:55 PM

VCS tin only except for maybe sprit special evets.
Joe doesn't wat to go against Bloomington and Gas City or Kokomo.
LPS Sat.

4wheelsinthekoosh 7/3/09 1:57 PM

Putnamville = Saturdays.

Jerry Shaw 7/3/09 2:00 PM

I think the guy has shown by the way VCS has been run that he cares and is in this to run good shows. I say stay tuned, trust the guy's judgement and just be thankful DA is gone.:8:

Jerry

Haulerin2deep 7/3/09 2:01 PM

:7::15:If thats the case DO than that SUCKS!!!!!! You get a good program going at VCS with sprints and then just dump it. Thats BS

Dirtfan 7/3/09 2:04 PM

"Joe doesn't want to go against Bloomington and Gas City."

Excellent call!!

DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE 7/3/09 2:05 PM

VCS was coming on good with the sprints so that does suck for them, Puterbaugh Jr. you just want to try to win 3 track championships in the same year. It wont happen though.

Pat O'Connor Fan 7/3/09 2:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haulerin2deep (Post 115725)
:7::15:if thats the case do than that sucks!!!!!! You get a good program going at vcs with sprints and then just dump it. Thats bs

bingo !!

4wheelsinthekoosh 7/3/09 2:47 PM

I have raced at putnamville on saturdays for 15 years so ya it is a saturday track. And maybe i wont win all 3 but i am in the drivers seat 2nd at gas city and leading put and kokomo. so there is a chance. And can you blame me who else has ever done it. And what drivers will he get if he runs sunday? Oh by the way thanks for more motovation.

ROSS 7/3/09 3:10 PM

Very Exciting I wonder if possibly DA will dump North Vernon Next. I sure missed Putnamville can't wait to get back now. Have to agree Sunday would be sweet but I'm just happy to have a real owner for the place.:32: