IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sprint Week / IOW Members (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=78330)

4th turn fan 6/27/14 9:02 AM

Sprint Week / IOW Members

OK....We have all been looking forward to SPRINT WEEK,,,and,,,the fact that many of us will participate...
I'm asking for any ideas on how we can show our support for IOW by coming up with a way to designate we are members ( sign, flag, armband, tattoo )...
This way,,,we can get to know the people we chat with throughout the other 51 weeks..

Any thoughts ?

Half fast 6/27/14 10:21 AM

Re: Sprint Week / IOW Members

1 Attachment(s)
How about ANY car that runs SPRINT WEEK support aAttachment 11692 Decal in honor of Bill Gardner for a great website of Indiana racing. :8::22:

4th turn fan 6/27/14 10:29 AM

Are decals available ?

miledirt 6/27/14 10:33 AM

Love this idea - coming from STL and would love to meet some of you guys

mowerman 6/27/14 11:04 AM

We have a few IOW shirts left over from last year . We are in the Discovery RV with California plates ,

AustinSprinter 6/27/14 12:58 PM

Sprint Week / IOW Members

Hey Bob...Save me an XL if you can, or if Nichleson (Rachasin) shows up, have him get it for me please!!....thanks...hope weather stays good for you all!!......

Bill Gardner 6/27/14 2:24 PM

I think I still have some decals left and I've got a whole box full of XL Tshirts along with a few other sizes left.

I won't be attending the races but I'll have someone drop everything at Discovery if that's ok with Bob & Monica.

And before someone asks... I'm not selling them online. I can't manage it.

mowerman 6/28/14 10:29 AM

No problem Bill we'll be more than happy to help you out .

Bill Gardner 6/28/14 12:23 PM

Thanks. I'll probably have my wife bring everything before the July 4th race. If I'm having a good day, Ill come along and visit.

Birdsboro 7/7/14 6:14 PM

Hey Bill, you have any of them left over shirts sized for a big fat guy like me? I would swing by the rv and grab one......

dirt_trackgurl006 7/7/14 6:58 PM

What if we all pick ONE day this coming weekend or ONE day next week and wear our IOW shirts the same day?? For the ones that are on here that doesn't have a shirt yet have a sign or can post where they will be at? ..I would love to meet more IOW members also! just a thought...
see yal in a few days!! :)
Kasi

dirtnonwingfan 7/7/14 9:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirt_trackgurl006 (Post 382625)
What if we all pick ONE day this coming weekend or ONE day next week and wear our IOW shirts the same day?? For the ones that are on here that doesn't have a shirt yet have a sign or can post where they will be at? ..I would love to meet more IOW members also! just a thought...
see yal in a few days!! :)
Kasi

This is an excellent idea. It seems to me that Lincoln Park is the obvious place. How about it, everyone? Wouldn't it be great to pack the crowd with IOW shirts?

Charles Nungester 7/7/14 9:35 PM

Yup, LPS for IOW Shirt Day. If Bill can't be there in person, He'll be there in our thoughts..

Stevensville Mike 7/7/14 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4th turn fan (Post 380972)
OK....We have all been looking forward to SPRINT WEEK,,,and,,,the fact that many of us will participate...
I'm asking for any ideas on how we can show our support for IOW by coming up with a way to designate we are members ( sign, flag, armband, tattoo )...
This way,,,we can get to know the people we chat with throughout the other 51 weeks..

Any thoughts ?

"Free Beer" signs,

All we have to do is give the secret IOW handshake...... Right hand extended... grasp other's right hand..... shake. When asked why you are shaking, say, "Indiana Open Wheel".

Then, right hand extended..... cup in hand...... fill.

At least that is my input......

dirt_trackgurl006 7/7/14 10:16 PM

Alright, so LPS everyone?! is that correct? IF so I will definitely wear my IOW shirt to LPS!! I will even advertise it on my facebook page and my photography page also!! Just a few more days and Indiana Sprint Week 2014 will be under way!!! I am looking forward to meeting more IOW members!! :)
Kasi

Bill Gardner 7/7/14 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Birdsboro (Post 382619)
Hey Bill, you have any of them left over shirts sized for a big fat guy like me? I would swing by the rv and grab one......

These are how many shirts and sizes left.
3 - Small
3 - Medium
7 - Large
21 - XL
8 - 2X
3 - 3X
1 - 4X

We weren't able to drop off my remaining shirts and decals to Bob & Monica this past weekend but I'll try to get the online store updated later tonight or tomorrow. I know I won't be able to be at races so if online orders won't work for you let us know. We'll try to figure something out.

My wife (Mrs G) will be handling all the orders. You can use this link to PM her.
https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/pri...o=newpm&u=3654

Thanks!

BigWheel7 7/7/14 10:40 PM

I would/Will take a 3x Bill if you still have one left.

Birdsboro 7/8/14 12:42 AM

Since I am the fattest guy in the room and I asked first ... Can I get the 4x please I know it's a hassle and I know it's a pain in the neck but I appreciate the effort you put in... Thanks

dirt in ur beer 7/8/14 7:07 AM

Unfortunately my girlfriend and I have to cancel our maiden trip to ISW. Due to emergency bladder surgery for her on the 4th we're gonna have to put this one off till next yr. We loved midget week so much we were coming back for sprint week . Looking forward to much appreciated updates.

racenut69 7/8/14 8:00 AM

Better make it "Free Beer for IOW Members" otherwise the whole place will stop by..;)..:6:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike (Post 382655)
"Free Beer" signs,

All we have to do is give the secret IOW handshake...... Right hand extended... grasp other's right hand..... shake. When asked why you are shaking, say, "Indiana Open Wheel".

Then, right hand extended..... cup in hand...... fill.

At least that is my input......

4th turn fan 7/8/14 8:56 AM

LPS....Good call...

Let's make this " BILL GARDNER'S IOW SPRINT SPECTACULAR II " (twice this season ).....

Charles Nungester 7/8/14 8:58 AM

Get your GF well Dirtybeer. There are a few other weekends that would be worth the trip. Aug1st-2nd BOSS Sprint's at Whitewater and Lawrenceburg. Also Oct Harvest of Sprints at Waynesfield and Sprintacular All Stars and Boss at Eldora.

mc/rider 7/8/14 9:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4th turn fan (Post 382691)
lps....good call...

Let's make this " bill gardner's iow sprint spectacular ii " (twice this season ).....

sprintacular ii:32:

cl124 7/8/14 9:57 AM

Don't post on here much but read a lot, not sure how many of you have seen the post about the benefit for Sheila at TSS during sprint week. Seems to me like that would be a great opportunity to all get together and support a good cause at the same time. I have been close friends with Sheila my whole life and know she would greatly appreciate the company and support. Could even set up an IOW table or booth and sell the "extra shirts" there and donate the proceeds. I would certainly buy one.

dirt in ur beer 7/8/14 10:16 AM

Thanks Charles. Due to the long drive (min 5hrs) we like to do 2-3 race trips . Thanks for recommendations . She loves the burg so a trip to there scores high on wish list. We're considering 4 crown at eldora .

Charles Nungester 7/8/14 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirt in ur beer (Post 382698)
Thanks Charles. Due to the long drive (min 5hrs) we like to do 2-3 race trips . Thanks for recommendations . She loves the burg so a trip to there scores high on wish list. We're considering 4 crown at eldora .

Lots of people do Gas City the night before USAC's day of the Four Crown. It's not real far from Eldora less than two hours but Non Wing.

Stealth87 7/8/14 1:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirt_trackgurl006 (Post 382658)
Alright, so LPS everyone?! is that correct? IF so I will definitely wear my IOW shirt to LPS!! I will even advertise it on my facebook page and my photography page also!! Just a few more days and Indiana Sprint Week 2014 will be under way!!! I am looking forward to meeting more IOW members!! :)
Kasi

I do not have an IOW shirt unfortunately. However, I am making my first partial trip to Sprint week next week. I will be at THAT, LPS and Bloomington. Traveling alone, so it sure would be awesome to meet a whole bunch of you guys.

I actually debating throwing an idea out a few months ago when I decided to go to Sprint Week. Everyone get an oddball colored hat made (Maybe yellow) with your screen name printed on it somewhere. That way everyone in the crowd that is part of IOW would stand out! Maybe I should have thrown that idea out earlier. Oh well. Ideas for next year!

Jerry Shaw 7/8/14 1:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stealth87 (Post 382734)
I do not have an IOW shirt unfortunately. However, I am making my first partial trip to Sprint week next week. I will be at THAT, LPS and Bloomington. Traveling alone, so it sure would be awesome to meet a whole bunch of you guys.

I actually debating throwing an idea out a few months ago when I decided to go to Sprint Week. Everyone get an oddball colored hat made (Maybe yellow) with your screen name printed on it somewhere. That way everyone in the crowd that is part of IOW would stand out! Maybe I should have thrown that idea out earlier. Oh well. Ideas for next year!

If there's a large group of people gathered at LPS and a lot of them are wearing IOW shirts, you won't be able to miss them at this track. Right behind the grandstands and in between it and the concession stand, is a huge concrete deck. With a perfect view of the track. It's the perfect place for meeting other fans. You'll see what I mean as soon as you walk in.

Jerry

Charles Nungester 7/8/14 3:24 PM

A group of us will be sitting on the hill by the cemetetary prior to gate opening. Also at Terre Haute a large group hangs out under the shade trees beside the restrooms. Can't miss it.

Often there is whats known as "The Frolic Bar and Grill" after the races amongst the campers. BYOB but throughout the night tons of race fans pay a visit and even some drivers, team members and other forms of racing celebs stop by. Often goes till the Wee Hours.

Don't drink and drive, either camp or camp out in the car if your going to Frolic :)

Stealth87 7/8/14 4:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Nungester (Post 382743)
A group of us will be sitting on the hill by the cemetetary prior to gate opening. Also at Terre Haute a large group hangs out under the shade trees beside the restrooms. Can't miss it.

Often there is whats known as "The Frolic Bar and Grill" after the races amongst the campers. BYOB but throughout the night tons of race fans pay a visit and even some drivers, team members and other forms of racing celebs stop by. Often goes till the Wee Hours.

Don't drink and drive, either camp or camp out in the car if your going to Frolic :)

I will be camping out both nights after THAT and LPS. So I will definitely stop by and join the Frolic. Love meeting new people through racing. Alright guys I gotta drop off this thread for a little while. My excitement is growing way too fast!

AB Racing 7/8/14 4:57 PM

I got a really nice box in the mail for Shelia benefit this past weekend from Bill!!! If you run out of shirts there will be a chance to win some at the benefit!!! Thanks again Bill for all you do!!

Bill Gardner 7/8/14 6:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AB Racing (Post 382755)
I got a really nice box in the mail for Shelia benefit this past weekend from Bill!!! If you run out of shirts there will be a chance to win some at the benefit!!! Thanks again Bill for all you do!!

Awesome. I'm glad you got the shirts! I hope you get several IOW members participating in the cornhole tournament at Tri-State Speedway. Click here for info

You can order your IOW shirt.
https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/store.php

We use USPS Priority Mail shipping.

This is what's left.
3 - Small
3 - Medium
5 - Large
20 - XL
8 - 2X
3 - 3X

dirt_trackgurl006 7/8/14 6:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stealth87 (Post 382734)

I am happy to hear that you are making the partial trip this year! I made 4 out of 7 races last year due to work! This year will be different because I will be partaking in all 7 races! I look forward to meeting you and other IOW members that I haven't met yet! More ideas for next year are always welcome! :) see ya next week!!
Kasi

dirt_trackgurl006 7/8/14 6:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stealth87 (Post 382750)
I will be camping out both nights after THAT and LPS. So I will definitely stop by and join the Frolic. Love meeting new people through racing. Alright guys I gotta drop off this thread for a little while. My excitement is growing way too fast!

Not only will I be partaking in all 7 races and wearing my IOW shirt at LPS, but I will be partaking in "The Frolic Bar & Grill" for my first time ever!! There is only ONE "Frolic" and since I will be staying with some friends in the campgrounds I am going to check it out myself! I am getting excited for the ISW14 and being able to meet more IOW members!! :)
See yal in a few days for the start of ISW14!! :)
Kasi

Stealth87 7/8/14 7:14 PM

Change in plans. Just bought my IOW shirt. Will have it in time for my trip down. Will wear it to LPS with everyone else. Maybe I won't stand out so much then :)

BigWheel7 7/8/14 9:34 PM

Ordered my shirt as well.

i love dirt track racing 7/9/14 1:56 AM

I will have a iow shirt on at lps and iam proud to be apart of what bill has done for us race fans. Have seen alot of iow fans at tracks and hope to meet alot more during sprint week. Thanks bill. Iam a ballou fan and if you have a madman shirt on i will say go ballou to you and give high five. What ever driver you like go out and say thanks to the teams and track employees that make this happen for us race fans. Go bill. And go madman. Have fun and enjoy !!!

BigWheel7 7/10/14 10:25 PM

Ordered and received my shirt. Thanks Bill and Mrs. G..