IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Tss mscs & mowa (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=94348)

ryan84 8/30/16 7:32 AM

Tss mscs & mowa

Roll call for this race Sunday. Anybody pulling double duty??? Should be a great show, can't wait.

SHORTBUS 8/30/16 9:15 AM

Re: Tss mscs & mowa

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan84 (Post 456741)
roll call for this race sunday. Anybody pulling double duty??? Should be a great show, can't wait.

yes

Dirtfan 8/30/16 12:32 PM

We wouldn't miss it, Duquoin Sat & TSS Sunday!

ronmil 8/30/16 2:24 PM

I guess you could say I'm doing double duty; Ted Horn 100 on Saturday, and TSS on Sunday! I don't know about the drivers who may run both wing and non-wing. Hope we pick up some USAC drivers on the way back from DuQuoin.

Haulinmail 8/30/16 4:07 PM

Carson short is running both cars sunday.

Dirtfan 9/2/16 6:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan84 (Post 456741)
Roll call for this race Sunday. Anybody pulling double duty??? Should be a great show, can't wait.

Maybe Critter Malone or Zach Daum?:31:

Rpracing1 9/2/16 7:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronmil (Post 456764)
I guess you could say I'm doing double duty; Ted Horn 100 on Saturday, and TSS on Sunday! I don't know about the drivers who may run both wing and non-wing. Hope we pick up some USAC drivers on the way back from DuQuoin.

Same here Ron.

bigvee 9/2/16 8:45 AM

Reitz football Fri., King of Non Wing Sat., Tri State Sun., ARCA Mon., divorce court Tues.

AB Racing 9/2/16 11:05 AM

I'm thinking " show time" might be running both???

rclaridge 9/2/16 1:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AB Racing (Post 456960)
I'm thinking " show time" might be running both???

I'd be surprised if he doesn't!

ronmil 9/2/16 3:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigvee (Post 456953)
Reitz football Fri., King of Non Wing Sat., Tri State Sun., ARCA Mon., divorce court Tues.

ARCA is running on Sunday night this year. There are no races at DuQuoin on Monday!!!

chrismattlin 9/2/16 7:34 PM

I did the true double back a number of years ago when they ran Duquoin on Sunday. Watched the Silver Crown race in Illinois, then high-tailed it to Haubstadt. Quite a few drivers did the same.
One year I didn't tell the 'ol lady about "stopping" at Tri-State on the way home and she was napping until we pulled in the parking lot; boy, was she pissed! That is until she realized her favorite at the time, JJ Yeley, was there. Good times.

ronmil 9/3/16 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrismattlin (Post 456994)
I did the true double back a number of years ago when they ran Duquoin on Sunday. Watched the Silver Crown race in Illinois, then high-tailed it to Haubstadt. Quite a few drivers did the same.
One year I didn't tell the 'ol lady about "stopping" at Tri-State on the way home and she was napping until we pulled in the parking lot; boy, was she pissed! That is until she realized her favorite at the time, JJ Yeley, was there. Good times.

I used to go to the USAC stock cars on Sunday, do Haubstadt on Sunday night, and go back to DuQuoin on Monday for the Champ cars. They modified the schedule for a time in the seventies, and I really had a busy time in I believe 1976 (from memory, not checking my records). I did a stock car race at Chandler on Friday night, USAC stock cars at DuQuoin on Saturday, stock car race at Princeton on Saturday night, USAC Champ cars at DuQuoin on Sunday, and back to Haubstadt on Sunday night. Five races in actually a little less than three days! Makes me tired just thinking about it!

jim goerge 9/3/16 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronmil (Post 457050)
I used to go to the USAC stock cars on Sunday, do Haubstadt on Sunday night, and go back to DuQuoin on Monday for the Champ cars. They modified the schedule for a time in the seventies, and I really had a busy time in I believe 1976 (from memory, not checking my records). I did a stock car race at Chandler on Friday night, USAC stock cars at DuQuoin on Saturday, stock car race at Princeton on Saturday night, USAC Champ cars at DuQuoin on Sunday, and back to Haubstadt on Sunday night. Five races in actually a little less than three days! Makes me tired just thinking about it!

Ron you"re amazeing!!!! When I get better with health I"d like to ride shotgun again sometime, Keep the pedal down buddy :8:

mc/rider 9/4/16 12:23 AM

Quote:

Phew,Im going to lay down for a while:29:

Rpracing1 9/4/16 1:22 AM

Quote:

Ron you were a busy man in those days. Just think if you would of had the Buick then !

I think Ron has to have seen the most races in the history of the universe and remembers all of them!

ronmil 9/4/16 4:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rpracing1 (Post 457168)
Ron you were a busy man in those days. Just think if you would of had the Buick then !

I think Ron has to have seen the most races in the history of the universe and remembers all of them!

Thanks for the comments Bob! Actually my legendary ride is an Oldsmobile Aurora, although I was driving my wife's Ford Fusion yesterday. Enjoyed talking with you and your wife. Hope you enjoyed DuQuoin.

Rpracing1 9/4/16 4:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronmil (Post 457218)
Thanks for the comments Bob! Actually my legendary ride is an Oldsmobile Aurora, although I was driving my wife's Ford Fusion yesterday. Enjoyed talking with you and your wife. Hope you enjoyed DuQuoin.

Ron, I knew that , not sure why I called it a Buick.

jjg30 9/4/16 7:29 PM

Updates ?

Rpracing1 9/4/16 7:31 PM

Roughly 30 winged and 30 traditional sprinters

Rpracing1 9/4/16 7:36 PM

Hot lap 1.......

Williams
Leary
Brackett
Schmidt
Top 4

Rpracing1 9/4/16 7:38 PM

3 guys doing double duty

Rpracing1 9/4/16 7:43 PM

Hot lap session 2

Grant
Daum
Stockon
Hewett

Top 4

Motormasher 9/4/16 7:48 PM

You can take this hot lap/qualifying and stick it up your arse!

Rpracing1 9/4/16 7:48 PM

Hot lap session 3

McGee
Cummins
Oneal
Short

Top 4

Ch138 9/4/16 7:50 PM

Go home then!!

thephillips4 9/4/16 7:52 PM

Passing points baby, better racing! Just my opinion though?

ryan84 9/4/16 7:54 PM

26 winged 29 non winged and 24 mods. Nowhere else I would rather be, gonna be an awesome night of racing. Wish tracks would do this more often. Thank you Mr. Helfrich and the TSS crew!!!!

Jerry Shaw 9/4/16 7:55 PM

Max McGhee back in the family #17. He's in one and Grant in the other.

Rpracing1 9/4/16 7:59 PM

Fool Mod Mark Cole just lost his hood into the crowd. Luckily for him no one hurt.

Jerry Shaw 9/4/16 7:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motormasher (Post 457242)
You can take this hot lap/qualifying and stick it up your arse!

You'd better chill out or you're gonna get a timeout, Dave.

Rpracing1 9/4/16 8:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw (Post 457249)
You'd better chill out or you're gonna get a timeout, Dave.

How bout a DQ Jerry!

Rpracing1 9/4/16 8:05 PM

Daum Short
Stockon double duty guys

mike mcghee 9/4/16 8:11 PM

McGhee

Jerry Shaw 9/4/16 8:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rpracing1 (Post 457250)
How bout a DQ Jerry!

No thanks. I stopped at Lic's so I don't want any more ice cream. Lol

Rpracing1 9/4/16 8:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike mcghee (Post 457253)
McGhee

Auto spell

Rpracing1 9/4/16 8:32 PM

Schurenburg Winged fast time

Rpracing1 9/4/16 9:10 PM

Heat 1

Leary
Schmidt
Jackson
Brackett

Top 4

Rpracing1 9/4/16 9:17 PM

Heat 2

Stockon
Grant
Hewett
Daum

Top 4

Rpracing1 9/4/16 9:24 PM

Heat 3
McGhee
Cummins
Malone
Short
Bland

Max not making any friends in that heat. Call em as I see em.