IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   No USAC for Jackslash Media Inc in '12 (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=58555)

Jackslash.com 4/9/12 10:40 AM

No USAC for Jackslash Media Inc in '12

Jackslash Media Inc. PR
April, 9, 2012
Brownsburg, In.

First off we want to thank USAC for allowing Jackslash Media Inc. to cover selected events over the last two seasons.

We have produced many television and radio commercials, weekly highlights and interviews , featuring selected USAC races on our weekly TV show "Flip the Switch" and 2011 "Eastern Storm" and "Indiana Sprintweek" DVD's.

At this time Jackslash Media Inc. will not be covering any USAC events in 2012. "This is my decision and we will be sticking to it until further notice," says Jackslash Media Inc. owner Sean Buckley.

Jackslash Media Inc (Jackslash.com) will be focusing on the "local Indiana Sprint Car scene."

We are excited and committed to bringing all of our Jackslash.com members the best Indiana Sprint Car content possibe. From interviews, to race highlights, "Flip the Switch" webisodes and more.

2012 will prove to be a fun and breakout year for not only Jackslash Media Inc., but giving the Indiana Sprint Car "scene" the support and credit they deserve.

We want to wish USAC the best of luck with their 2012 media efforts.

Sean Buckley
Jackslash Media Inc.
www.jackslash.com
@gojackslash

Wrench Turner 4/9/12 11:13 AM

Not gonna keep quiet on this one. This upsets me. Getting to watch USAC shows was one of the main reasons I purchased a Jackslash membership.

Posted via Mobile Device

kasey2020 4/9/12 11:42 AM

Re: No USAC for Jackslash Media Inc in '12

This REALLY sucks! That's a good amount of money to pay a website for only local stuff.

Eagle14 4/9/12 2:12 PM

Guess USAC doesn't need marketing or advertisement. It's a self promoting product.

SMH

Posted via Mobile Device

VSneader2 4/9/12 2:24 PM

I will still fully support Sean and his website. Just look at the amount of coverage he has had from the last two events. I know he has big plans for this year.

Now don't quote me on this, but I know back in march when I was talking with Sean on a weekly basis, he mentioned something about getting flack from USAC about the footage being on his website, so that may have something to do with it.

mr g 4/9/12 2:56 PM

:20: Well I would bet there is more to this than is being said!!!
There has been alot of press how we cover the biggest and the best!
Well the USAC shows if the not of top they are close. For those of us
that paid to have your service and thinking we were going to receive
those races, this sure is a LET DOWN. Will be interesting to see how many
renew after there year is up ... just saying we are going to miss out on
some big shows.

raceway video 4/9/12 2:58 PM

I went from being paid by USAC to cover their races on the west coast (and had permission to sell dvd's) to only being allowed to sell dvd's (no pay) to them wanting me to pay them a percentage of sales. Thats why I stopped covering the series.

short track scott 4/9/12 3:25 PM

Hey gang, I might be way off base here but I believe that Sean has a pretty good idea of the economic impact this will have on Jackslash.

Posted via Mobile Device

monkeyboy 4/9/12 5:04 PM

so does this mean if you want to see usac you have to go to a race? Tell me this isn't true. I liked the casual fan sitting at home waiting for updates. Now even more people will complain about watching shows in person.

Posted via Mobile Device

dirtnonwingfan 4/9/12 5:12 PM

There is great racing in Indiana every week and USAC does not have a monopoly on it. With a few exceptions, you are going to see the same drivers at a USAC race, a MSCS race, a KISS race, or a weekly race at your favorite track(s). I certainly see no reason this announcement would keep me from renewing my membership.

KOP 4/9/12 5:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeyboy (Post 276131)
so does this mean if you want to see usac you have to go to a race? Tell me this isn't true. I liked the casual fan sitting at home waiting for updates. Now even more people will complain about watching shows in person.

Posted via Mobile Device

This comment is a barometer as to why some tracks wind up locking their gates. :15:

Jerry Spencer 4/9/12 5:33 PM

Sean we have no doubt you will just keep getting better as you are already headed to the top. I will also continue to support Jackslash as most people know you are a class act. First Mills now your talents being lost in one area of our sport but no doubt a huge win for the local race fans.

Thank you goes out to the local tracks that see what a difference having somebody like Sean covering there races can have.

Jerry Spencer

STIDA.com 4/9/12 5:44 PM

Dear USAC,

One of your best PR tools is walking down Georgetown with his thumb in the air. What gives?

I sure hope they can work this out. USAC is a awesome product, and I truly believe Sean can add a media spin that not many else can do.

Good luck too both,

RGraves 4/9/12 6:01 PM

That sucks:7: but it will by no means keep me from subscribing to Jackslash. I don't know Sean Buckley but I am a subscriber and follow him on Facebook and Twitter. He seems very passionate about the sport and is doing more to promote wingless sprint car racing than everyone else combined and offers a great product.

For fans like myself that live 5+ hours from Indy, Jackslash.com is all I have to stay connected to wingless sprints. Central Indiana fans have no clue how fortunate they are to live in the heart of wingless country. Other than Sprint Week, I have to rely on 2-3 events a year at Haubstadt to get my fix.....

I am smart enough to read between the lines here. It is obvious that USAC doesn't want any part of his services, or they want them for free. I am sure NOT covering USAC is the last thing he wants to do. They(USAC) need to get their heads out of their rumps and figure out a plan for the two to work together. What other coverage does USAC have? Who is going to promote the drivers, owners, and their sponsors now? Keep up the good work Sean!

A big :6: to Jackslash and a big :7: to USAC on this one.....

Dannypollock24 4/9/12 6:02 PM

I Personally think it's a good thing you will still see good racing and now the local racers get a chance to be seen, there are a lot of great drivers that most never seen or heard of and USAC guys do attend local shows just not all of of them!

Keep the races coming Sean USAC or Local it's Still Great Sprint Car Racing!

Danny 24

Joey Woods 4/9/12 6:08 PM

Been seeing updates on FB since season opener and keep telling myself I need to sign up for that when I get home but I always forget. After reading this about USAC, I decided I would definately take the time to sign up today to at the very least show support for a guy that has done a ton for the sport. And I did.

KSmith15 4/9/12 6:09 PM

I'm sure that Sean was thinking of all subscribers and non subscribers alike when this decision was made.... Regardless I'm sure the decision was not one he wanted to make....Regardless eeveryone should take in consideration what Sean has done for all of us and support him fully with this decision instead of being upset with him! If your already a subscriber...knowing Sean your in for a heck of a season of footage! He never disappoints, so bear with it and enjoy!

Good Luck Sean, and Thank you for your continuing coverage!

Tall Jackson 4/9/12 6:15 PM

I understand those of you being upset that have purcahsed memberships, but there is more than USAC in Indiana. Alot more....

BrentTFunk 4/9/12 7:55 PM

I do not regret getting Jackslash even with this decision. Actually I think can be a real boost for local tracks. I also think this could be good for Jackslash. I enjoy getting up in the morning after a race and seeing Jackslah edited coverage with Sean's commentary. I never watch live feeds. I think live feeds have hurt attendence.

mortboyz 4/9/12 8:15 PM

I agree with Mr. Funk on this one. As a guy who grew up waiting for my results from my National Speed Sport News, I can wait til the next day to get my results nowadays. I have yet, and refuse, to watch a live race on the Intranet....
Best wishes to Buckley, he does a helluva job. :9::32:

Speedracer 4/9/12 8:22 PM

So who is going to shoot the USAC races this year?

racefan20 4/9/12 8:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedracer (Post 276156)
So who is going to shoot the USAC races this year?

At Ocala it was 3widelife $$

EKracing 4/9/12 8:36 PM

If you look at the USAC Sprint Schedule the past few years you will notice more races away from Indiana. USAC has become a touring series that charges way too much for admission, and now charge 10 bucks just to watch a race online. The good thing about local Indiana sprint car racing is that its still 12 to 15 bucks at the gate. There are over a hundred loyal Indiana car owners that bring some of the best top notch pieces of machinery for really talented drivers that love to gas it up at tracks like Kokomo, Gas City, Bloomington, Putnamville, or even Paragon. Just because a show is sanctioned by USAC does not make it a better race. Some of the best racing I have seen over the years have been during a local show on any given Friday Saturday and Sunday. It's Indiana's gain and USAC's loss to have a guy like Sean Buckley stay home and cover our local shows. I will continue to support jackslash.com. I'm more excited about this opportunity to see more coverage from the Indiana tracks I really care about rather than some one off USAC show in Iowa, Missouri or Kansas.

#1Brad Kuhn Fan 4/9/12 8:51 PM

I don't know about anyone else. But i have seen some of the best races of my life at tracks on local nights...yes you only get 20-30 cars at each track but there the best local racers at those tracks!

Tell me this! What would bloomington be without Brady Short, Jeff bland, jon sisco, babcock or holtclaw...

Or gascity Without billy puterbaugh,shane cottle, justin grant..

or the burg without chad B, or memmer...

These are all local guys who go to these usac events and compete for the win!

id rather go to a local track with 20 cars on a tacky track then going to a usac race with 40 cars and black slick track..

Great move Sean! ill be buying a membership now!.....

racephoto1 4/9/12 9:26 PM

I think Saturday at Putnamville proved how vibrant the local sprint car scene is. Plus the guys you see at a USAC show ran up front,Stanbrough,Darland, and Gulick, to name a few. I hope things work out for Sean, but USAC is all about the bottom line anymore, and Sean isn't part of the equation.

Here's Sean doing his job Saturday night.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5452/7...2582d6fe_o.jpg
IMG_5235 copy by uncloose1, on Flickr

Keep at it .:)

racefan20 4/9/12 9:32 PM

I think what you will find here is that USAC has become more restrictive with its product. It is a part of a bigger trend in the industry to view online product as a revenue source. In the late 80's when the internet became more widely available, taking over from subscription services such as AOL and CompuServe(which BTW had a great racing board) everything was free. Soon ads began to appear and the internet began to be seen as a source of revenue. Lately the revenue from ad's didnt fufill the expectations nor in some cases cover the cost of the content. Websites like Jackslash appeared to fill the niche of a narrow interest group on a subscription basis(lets face it he doesnt have the $$ to travel to all these races and keep up the website for nothing). Lately those who think they have a premium product (USAC) have followed the latest trend which is a PPV basis(3widelife) for seeing events thus extracting more $ from your wallet. Racing isnt the only place this is occuring. Soon you will be able to see pretty much any event you want, live for a fee. Concerts, races, stick and ball sports of all kinds will be available before you know it. If you will notice Perris wont allow you to buy a PPV if you are connecting from an IP address within 100 miles of the track to protect their gate. Pretty smart move on their part. I know this is running long but I am trying to show you that this is the result of a much larger trend and even though I dont like it I cant really blame USAC because they are just tring to make more $ like you and I. After all someone has to pay the all those officials they bring to each race dont they?

cshuman 4/9/12 9:35 PM

The thing that makes racing in Indiana great is not any particular sanctioning body.. It's the owners, drivers, and fans... Saturday was a prime example, 40+ cars, half of them more then capable of winning... The real issue is there is a great product, that is paying to be the entertainment, that is just not right. Jackslah does a great job, a job that a lot of companies would charge big dollars to do, but He's doing it because he loves the sport and hopes to make enough money to pay the rent and utilities for the month, just like the racers.. The fans need to support the owners, drivers, and people like Sean because without them, the sanctioning bodies would be nothing...

Posted via Mobile Device

pasopeach 4/9/12 10:14 PM

im proud to say that sean is my son and he is fightin the fight to bring us nonwing sprintcars at thier finest.elbows up Dean Buckley..

dirtnonwingfan 4/10/12 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pasopeach (Post 276170)
im proud to say that sean is my son and he is fightin the fight to bring us nonwing sprintcars at thier finest.elbows up Dean Buckley..

Dean, you should be very proud of your son. There are a lot of us who really appreciate him and all the fine things he is doing for sprintcar racing.

jim goerge 4/10/12 12:27 AM

When its time I will have no problem renewing with Sean cuz I see a lot of things I missed dureing the race. I love when he covers say Gas City and Kokomo cuz their 5 hours away so get to see great racing with sean telling me whats happening. When you see Sean at the track go up and say Hi and you;ll find out like I did what a great guy he really is. Oh yeah Sean I;ll buy the sandys pizza at Haubstadt first night

Dannypollock24 4/10/12 1:21 AM

I will say I have never subscribed to Jackslash.com I will now support him, I am glad to get to watch local racing with local drivers that need this exposure and the racing is just as good as USUCK! I understand people being upset but don't stop subscribing that will only hurt the sport and the guys that make it possible so you can watch from the comfort of your home!

Thanks Sean Keep up the Great work!

Danny 24

Dalton Dietrich 4/10/12 7:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by short track scott (Post 276119)
Hey gang, I might be way off base here but I believe that Sean has a pretty good idea of the economic impact this will have on Jackslash.

Posted via Mobile Device

Im sure he also realizes the cost of him following so many USAC races. I do not own a Jackslash membership...so i am neutral

Charles Nungester 4/10/12 8:39 AM

Im not even going to get into the Buckley Vs. USAC thing.

I'LL CONTINUE TO SUPPORT BOTH.

THE END!

Bill Gardner 4/10/12 9:18 AM

I remember when USAC didn't want to be associated with Usacfans.com. The end result was Indiana Open Wheel. I think the change worked out just fine.

Sean, Keep up the great work!

Posted via Mobile Device

HARFprez 4/10/12 10:00 AM

Isn't it funny that a race fan group is snubbed by the same people they banded together to support. If this is a financial falling out i think in the long run USAC will wish they decided differently. I just can't imagine that they want money from a guy who is basically doing PR for THEM! Sean's great video work does nothing but promote racing and Sean has never worried about stepping across sanctioning body lines to promote his favorite sport and is always fair to everyone about it. Just this last January i asked Sean for a special favor, to film Jon Stanbrough getting his HARF Hall of Fame award (Jon was racing out west during our Banquet) & all Sean asked me was "When & Where?" My Thanks to Sean for all he does for racing & all for the love of racing, cause Sean, just like all you other racers out there, ain't gittin' rich going racin'! bob:22:

K-Dawg30 4/10/12 1:25 PM

Im not gonna comment on the USAC vs. Jackslash deal....but I hate that there wont be Sprint Week coverage :( Not all of us can make the whole week. However, life goes on! I have had the privledge of meeting Sean at Terre Haute and Kokomo last year! He is a great guy with soooo much passion for the sport. I am a Jackslash member and I will continue to be when its time to renew! Enough said

Jerry Spencer 4/10/12 2:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Gardner (Post 276196)
I remember when USAC didn't want to be associated with Usacfans.com. The end result was Indiana Open Wheel. I think the change worked out just fine.

Sean, Keep up the great work!

Posted via Mobile Device

That is the first thing that came to me as I was reading the post, I remember when that happened. You are right everything turned out just fine with the change of names.

Jerry

Mud Packer 4/11/12 9:10 AM

I see this as a positive move for the local racers. As a fan, I will see a number of USAC races in person as well as regular local track races. I will now have the opportunity to watch more local track racing that I won't be able to see in person. With so many options here in Indiana, this should be able to give us all more local track racing throughout the season.

I am still waiting for USAC to move to the next level under this administration. So far, I personally haven't seen that move yet.

duel 4/11/12 9:29 AM

I think usac has a deal with 3wide. They are covering the tracks out west for a fee and they did do the Ocala shows.

SteveD 4/11/12 9:42 AM

Should have put him on the payroll, instead they fired him....shot themselves in the foot again. I,m sure Indiana 410 sprints will be around a lot longer than the Dept of Agriculture. Enjoy your racing season.