IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   let's race two (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=91859)

flagboy55 5/6/16 1:49 AM

let's race two

Alright folks, we got the best of the best at Eldora this weekend! The best of both worlds. I'm sure some of the hard core on both sides will say they can't stand this or that about the other, but let me remind them, there's no stock cars of any type on the card. I think this event could be one of the best values in racing. Anyhow, about 10 am central time, myself, dirty jeff, 2 cases of fresh zombie dust, some nice cigars, and golf clubs will be headed to the meca. Would like to hear some predictions from my iow brethren

Lincoln Chapple 5/6/16 7:26 AM

Where are you using the golf clubs?
I am ready for Mr. Stewart to add a golf course to the grounds, that would be awesome.

Wizard 05 5/6/16 7:55 AM

Re: let's race two

Putt Putt in the Ballroom.

GYATK94 5/6/16 8:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flagboy55 (Post 444879)
Alright folks, we got the best of the best at Eldora this weekend! The best of both worlds. I'm sure some of the hard core on both sides will say they can't stand this or that about the other, but let me remind them, there's no stock cars of any type on the card. I think this event could be one of the best values in racing. Anyhow, about 10 am central time, myself, dirty jeff, 2 cases of fresh zombie dust, some nice cigars, and golf clubs will be headed to the meca. Would like to hear some predictions from my iow brethren

Zombie Dust?! You know, if my memory serves correctly, I think I had a similar conversation about grabbing a Three Floyd's brew from you last year at an Eldora race, but that never materialized lol. I'll be picking up a case of Yuengling on the way and will give you two for one if you're willing to part ways with a Zombie Dust lol. For predictions, I'm going with Shane Stewart and Chase Stockon tonight, Brad Sweet and T-Mez tomorrow.

nodramazone20 5/6/16 8:25 AM

Any fulltime guys have the guts to take the wing off and run with the BEST drivers in a non wing race, or did Shane Stewart kill that program last year with his attempt at the Burg??

USAC will provide more passing in 1 heat race than the Outlaws will provide all night, and yet USAC will get second billing on this card all weekend long.

Wings are for airplanes...Not race cars

i love dirt track racing 5/6/16 9:35 AM

I think clauson Courtney and bacon are doing the double.

Charles Nungester 5/6/16 9:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nodramazone20 (Post 444891)
Any fulltime guys have the guts to take the wing off and run with the BEST drivers in a non wing race, or did Shane Stewart kill that program last year with his attempt at the Burg??

USAC will provide more passing in 1 heat race than the Outlaws will provide all night, and yet USAC will get second billing on this card all weekend long.

Clauson is doing both. I've seen Hannigan do it before.
Bacon Could but he's running for USAC Championship.

Your not going to have a team do both in the same car in the same night, Some drivers who aren't running for championships can or would.

Charles Nungester 5/6/16 9:40 AM

Quote:

Anyone who gets in a sprint car, with or without the wing and hammers at Eldora, has guts. :6:

staggerman 5/6/16 10:04 AM

Quote:

How many nonwinged regulars are strapping on a wing to run with Woo? Goes both ways. Plus why would the Woo guys want to run for half the purse that USAC offers compared to Woo. :3:

nodramazone20 5/6/16 10:31 AM

there are a few guys who strap on a wing...bacon, clauson, sunshine...it does NOT go both ways...thats my point....wing guys wont go the other way because they have to DRIVE the car.

never said they dont have guts....hell, NHRA guys and gals have guts, still does not make that exciting to watch

bsmith8 5/6/16 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nodramazone20 (Post 444900)
there are a few guys who strap on a wing...bacon, clauson, sunshine...it does NOT go both ways...thats my point....wing guys wont go the other way because they have to DRIVE the car

never said they dont have guts....hell, NHRA guys and gals have guts, still does not make that exciting to watch

LOL WING GUYS ARE NOT DRIVING THE CAR. What was the name of the non wing guy that won the mopar million and who finished second with all the best non wing guys in the house. I am a non wing person but to say the WOO guys are not driving the cars is crazy.

yeleyfan76 5/6/16 11:11 AM

Jac Haudenschild won. A guy who used to run non wing cars a lot. The question was which full time WoO driver would do the double this wknd. Of course not in the same car. With all of the promotion we got about L'burg last year to only get 5 laps, a red flag, and a destroyed race car from one of the Greatest show on Dirts top guys you can see why someone would ask. As far as DRIVING a wing car, I've heard it put more as push down the gas and hold on. I would believe the answer to any WoO guy running wingless is no. The damage to their pride as well as wallet is too much to stand.

nodramazone20 5/6/16 11:23 AM

This greatest show on dirt stuff is comical....its the greatest Time Trial show on dirt....that is about it....and this money thing does not hold water either...I think the JAX raced paid 6k to win, and most USAC races pay near that, with some races paying more.

bsmith8 5/6/16 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nodramazone20 (Post 444904)
This greatest show on dirt stuff is comical....its the greatest Time Trial show on dirt....that is about it....and this money thing does not hold water either...I think the JAX raced paid 6k to win, and most USAC races pay near that, with some races paying more.

. That's why USAC guys are switching to wings. You tell Kinser, Swindell, Haud, Saldana, Clauson , Bacon , Hunter , Rose or Courtney that to their face this weekend.

flagboy55 5/6/16 12:00 PM

Just can't get away from the arguments! Anyway using the clubs at Portland indiana and would be happy share some zombie dust

microsprint15 5/6/16 12:06 PM

WoO and USAC sprint cars on the same night at the same track. I can't think of any other event (including movies, concerts, or professional sports) that I would rather attend!

Why argue about who or what series is better? It's 2 different styles of racing that both require a ton of skill and focus.

Sit back and enjoy the show!

i love dirt track racing 5/6/16 12:12 PM

God bless America. Lol.

yeleyfan76 5/6/16 12:37 PM

Don't need to tell them anything to their face. Once again you lost focus and did not answer the question. It's ok watch your flying garage doors, I'll watch sprint cars. Oh and the answer once again is none will run USAC for a whole host of excuses. Enjoy the races and if you want to tell all of those drivers you named Mr. Smith to their face what great drivers they are go right ahead. Also give Shane Stewart a pat on the back and tell him to his face better luck next time.

double checkered 5/6/16 12:39 PM

I think Matt Westfall is going, but not sure he is running both classes. I know he has made the switch to wings this year.

Jeremy

bsmith8 5/6/16 1:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 (Post 444911)
Don't need to tell them anything to their face. Once again you lost focus and did not answer the question. It's ok watch your flying garage doors, I'll watch sprint cars. Oh and the answer once again is none will run USAC for a whole host of excuses. Enjoy the races and if you want to tell all of those drivers you named Mr. Smith to their face what great drivers they are go right ahead. Also give Shane Stewart a pat on the back and tell him to his face better luck next time.

My bad but I was not even talking to you unless you have two screen names.

GYATK94 5/6/16 1:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flagboy55 (Post 444907)
Just can't get away from the arguments! Anyway using the clubs at Portland indiana and would be happy share some zombie dust

Well if you're willing to share, it's tough to decline that offer lol. I'm here camped out right by 118, across the gravel path from the ballroom. If you're nearby, let me know and I'll toss a couple beers your way in exchange lol

Backitin 5/6/16 3:32 PM

woo racing aint worth watching. Inless of course top speed not racing is your thing. I sit there trying to like the crap everytime it comes on, I always turn to something else. I watched a rerun of last years Sheldons memorial race just yesterday on Mav tv. There was more action in that one race then all the woo races I've ever watched.

SprintcarZF 5/6/16 4:46 PM

Any live video or audio for tonight's race?

flagboy55 5/6/16 4:58 PM

94 I'll try to track you down at some point. And tonight I'll take Saldana and BC. BTW the way I almost always have a detroit red wings hat on a wearing a black tee shirt. Just holler hey steve, or ******* usually work too! Lol

Nut'n but Dirt 5/6/16 5:00 PM

According to Eldora website there will be no live feed.

GYATK94 5/6/16 5:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flagboy55 (Post 444934)
94 I'll try to track you down at some point. And tonight I'll take Saldana and BC. BTW the way I almost always have a detroit red wings hat on a wearing a black tee shirt. Just holler hey steve, or ******* usually work too! Lol

Where are you camped out at? I'm buzzed now and feeling adventurous, so if you're near the ballroom, I'll stagger that way lol

Charles Nungester 5/6/16 6:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SprintcarZF (Post 444932)
Any live video or audio for tonight's race?

Yeah, Eldora PPV's all their races.

www.eldoraspeedway.com. Still qualifying usac, WoO qualifying next.

Charles Nungester 5/6/16 6:58 PM

WTH is wrong with that track. Two sub 17 second cars in Usac qualifying? Most 18 and 19. I remember street stocks running 19s there.

dkdorkboy 5/6/16 8:47 PM

Chuck the track looks the Eldora of days gone by. Dry slick and hammer down inches from the wall.

Charles Nungester 5/6/16 9:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkdorkboy (Post 444950)
Chuck the track looks the Eldora of days gone by. Dry slick and hammer down inches from the wall.

Except its two seconds slower.

flatout 5/6/16 9:32 PM

Any word on Dave Blaney?

cmiracingvids 5/6/16 9:41 PM

I was thinking the same thing about Dave. It was a nasty ride.

wildman92 5/6/16 9:53 PM

Per Twitter from Motter Motorsports

We are at the hospital.@BuckeyeBullet10 CT scan good, no breaks or fractures.He is sitting up.Sore.Will be admitted overnite for observation

smith19 5/6/16 10:03 PM

just announced this crash during the truck race...

Go Fast 5/6/16 10:15 PM

Per his daughter and son's Twitter he got his bell rung pretty good but appears to be ok. Gonna be sore, but up and moving around.

Al Pierce 5/6/16 11:31 PM

For those without Twitter/Facebook

Clauson, Leary, T-Mez, Hewitt, Bacon, Courtney, Boespflug, Cottle, Darland, Swanson your top 10. Ballou flipped in last few laps, finished 22d

sprntr 5/7/16 1:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flagboy55 (Post 444879)

Don't WoO rules prohibit regulars from participating in non-WoO events within 24 hours without special dispensation?

nodramazone20 5/7/16 7:37 AM

Great USAC show last night. Sliders all over the track....Track was old school Eldora, around the top, inches from the wall....Clauson was smart and made his move when it counted. Leary and Dutch will be strong all year long, great combination.

Woo was predictable...no passing ...winner goes flag to flag...blah blah blah

flagboy55 5/7/16 8:08 AM

I'll take BC again in usac and gonna have to think on the outlaws a little bit. I thought the outlaws was a good race too, 3 cars that could have won. Hitting the links now! 94 I will try to look you up

SPRINTCAR 5/7/16 8:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smith19 (Post 444955)
just announced this crash during the truck race...

Truck race! What truck race? ;)