IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Terre Haute cooler policy (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=120133)

ronmil 5/1/22 9:57 AM

Terre Haute cooler policy

Is the cooler policy still the same as in the past at Terre Haute?
Thanks

Charles Nungester 5/1/22 10:09 AM

Re: Terre Haute cooler policy

Should I bring anything specific?
No coolers or outside food or drinks is allowed. If our concessions do not meet your special dietary needs you may exit the facility to obtain and consume.

Also no smoking or e cigs within the gates except in designated smoking areas

Just a FYI they do have a website with all the info

ronmil 5/1/22 10:16 AM

Wow
Big change!
Thanks

Rpracing1 5/1/22 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Nungester (Post 551617)
No coolers or outside food or drinks is allowed. If our concessions do not meet your special dietary needs you may exit the facility to obtain and consume.

No COOLERS will probably have a direct impact on their infield clientele.
That has always been part of the culture there. Bring the whole family to infield for a picnic day with food and drink. Guess those days are gone.

ronmil 5/1/22 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Nungester (Post 551617)

Do you have a link to the website?

Charles Nungester 5/1/22 10:24 AM

http://www.thactiontrack.com/

ronmil 5/1/22 10:36 AM

Thanks

BrentTFunk 5/1/22 11:15 AM

I will take no coolers. Better than no thousands of dollars in improvement, or the track shutting down.

DaleDuBois 5/1/22 11:16 AM

I think maybe they lost lots of race fans over the food deal. I'm now wandering if I could even bring a chair and set in the infield.

otgracing17 5/1/22 11:26 AM

From the tracks Facebook page today:

Reminder: Coolers ARE permitted in the INFIELD ONLY!! , but beer and glass are not allowed! Hope to see everyone tonight. Sorry for any confusion and misunderstanding!

ROSS 5/1/22 11:27 AM

I don’t believe this is accurate information. They posted on Twitter this week that coolers are allowed. Just no beer. Twitter account was THAT promoters.

Charles Nungester 5/1/22 11:35 AM

I Copied and pasted directly from the website and even checked that it is the current website as it says on it, Next event, TODAY.

They have cleared up that coolers are allowed, Infield only, No glass, no beer.

opnwhlmnd 5/1/22 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by otgracing17 (Post 551627)
Reminder: Coolers ARE permitted in the INFIELD ONLY!! , but beer and glass are not allowed! Hope to see everyone tonight. Sorry for any confusion and misunderstanding!

You shouldn't be trying to use facts as proof during butthurt feelings tantrums.

In all of my years going to see or participate in the greatest sport in the world never one time has the thought of "they don't allow coolers I can't deal with that and am staying home" crossed my mind.

The Silver Slugs, (quote by Aero for those who know him), are going to put on a great show today enjoy everyone.

DirtTrackTherapy16J 5/1/22 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrentTFunk (Post 551625)
I will take no coolers. Better than no thousands of dollars in improvement, or the track shutting down.

Why do people not grasp this and see this? Again I'm not here to start drama, I deal with enough bullsh*t in my every day life BUT I see and hear so many people on here and other places complain about tracks and/or facilities, car counts, prices, purses, blah blah blah...I unfortunately will not be going today, hopefully will be at TH sometime this year to see and experience the new improvements, but regardless lots of people busted their tails to save the track and improve it, especially when it comes to safety. As another person said I have never based going or not going on a d*mn cooler rule, allowed or not allowed. Although the cooler situation appeared to get cleared up, even IF there was no more coolers in the infield, really??? Dont go or dont support it bc they maybe would have changed something from the past??? There seems to be people on here that would find something to b*tch about even if they were given a gas card to get to and from the track, free admission, free pit pass, best seat in the house, free food, free beer or drinks, and free stay with showers after the race. People are humans and it's very obvious that alot of people worked their tails off to make TH a better track and facility. Maybe its just too d*mn hard to be positive and get behind them and support them and say thank you?

DaleDuBois 5/1/22 12:21 PM

I think it is good that they allow coolers in the infield. Lots of families go to the infield and some of these families have saved enough money for the infield but have to feed the kids and no extra money to feed the kids so a cooler is the answer.

ronmil 5/1/22 1:25 PM

I don’t drink alcohol. I just take water because I take medicine that dehydrates me, so this is a bit.of an inconvenience.

IndyRaceParts 5/1/22 3:30 PM

I do not get on here but someone let me know so we wanted to let you know that coolers are allowed, you can bring anything you want food and drink wise other than glass and no beer.
It’s always been a policy but might not have been in forced and hey you may get here and could be the same.

miledirt 5/1/22 4:55 PM

Coolers no longer permitted in the grandstands - per the track facebook page

Sprints fan 11 5/1/22 5:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyRaceParts (Post 551648)
I do not get on here but someone let me know so we wanted to let you know that coolers are allowed, you can bring anything you want food and drink wise other than glass and no beer.
It’s always been a policy but might not have been in forced and hey you may get here and could be the same.

Fake news. Just tried in grandstand and could not bring one in.

captrat 5/1/22 11:23 PM

When was the last time you attended a professional sports event, concert, play, movie, etc. and were allowed to bring in your own food and drink.

Chief Wahoo 5/2/22 1:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captrat (Post 551666)
When was the last time you attended a professional sports event, concert, play, movie, etc. and were allowed to bring in your own food and drink.

Actually last week at Haubstadt for WoO. Went to Bristol motor speedway for many years and you could bring a cooler of beer in. Haubstadt allows coolers with beer, Bloomington the same. Haven’t been to IRP in a few years, but you could bring in a cooler there. Nashville fairgrounds same. LPS will let you bring in food and drink just not beer. You asked, so there ya go.

racefan20 5/2/22 1:10 AM

Quote:

Well as many times as I go to Bloomington or LPS for a start. So 3 times already this year.

jdull99 5/2/22 3:43 AM

I'm about the cheapest guy around, but the most I'll do is carry a bottled water til the gate and if I need to throw it out I will; otherwise I'll finish it and buy a few things from the event...thats all part of the fun in attending something as far as I'm concerned (what they have at the concession stand). Some places even offer a deal late in the day, if you are trying to save money...

ThrowbackRacingTeam 5/2/22 10:24 AM

They should have been more clear about coolers allowed in the infield. The problem is, Indiana race tracks are know for allowing coolers and so did THAT until yesterday which rubs people the wrong way. Personally I’m fine with it since none of the tracks in my area allow coolers.

oldfan49 5/2/22 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rpracing1 (Post 551619)
No COOLERS will probably have a direct impact on their infield clientele.
That has always been part of the culture there. Bring the whole family to infield for a picnic day with food and drink. Guess those days are gone.

http://www.thactiontrack.com/racedayinfo/

Rpracing1 5/2/22 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldfan49 (Post 551686)

Dear Old..........Need to follow along with complete post,as that was not the case earlier in the day. But Thanks Anyway!

IndyRaceParts 5/2/22 1:13 PM

Sorry for all the miscommunication between all parties on this issue. It will be addressed better at the next event. Sorry for the inconvenience & headache that it caused

captrat 5/2/22 5:01 PM

[QUOTE=Chief Wahoo;551668]Actually last week at Haubstadt for WoO. Went to Bristol motor speedway for many years and you could bring a cooler of beer in. Haubstadt allows coolers with beer, Bloomington the same. Haven’t been to IRP in a few years, but you could bring in a cooler there. Nashville fairgrounds same. LPS will let you bring in food and drink just not beer. You asked, so there ya go.[/QUOT

What you said is correct, but I still believe the race tracks around Indiana are unique. Almost any other entertainment venue in today's world does not allow such a thing, that is why I mentioned other examples.

jonboat15 5/2/22 6:51 PM

[quote=captrat;551700]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo (Post 551668)
Actually last week at Haubstadt for WoO. Went to Bristol motor speedway for many years and you could bring a cooler of beer in. Haubstadt allows coolers with beer, Bloomington the same. Haven’t been to IRP in a few years, but you could bring in a cooler there. Nashville fairgrounds same. LPS will let you bring in food and drink just not beer. You asked, so there ya go.[/QUOT

What you said is correct, but I still believe the race tracks around Indiana are unique. Almost any other entertainment venue in today's world does not allow such a thing, that is why I mentioned other examples.

Been to PA much ? Maybe we shouldn't be included in today's world, we might not deserve it.

yeleyfan76 5/2/22 6:54 PM

Quote:

Every race track I go to here in Pa and NJ you can bring coolers with food and soda, beer, water or whatever you like. The question is if now you are separating these racing events from being professional sports events.

BrentTFunk 5/2/22 7:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 (Post 551702)
Every race track I go to here in Pa and NJ you can bring coolers with food and soda, beer, water or whatever you like. The question is if now you are separating these racing events from being professional sports events.

In Indiana you can't bring in beer or any alcohol if you sell it. There is an exemption for a track over 2 miles in length. It is enforced by state excise. Like anything else, you can do it until you get caught.

miledirt 5/2/22 7:33 PM

Busch Stadium, St Louis Cardinals allow small soft side cooler allowed with food and drink. No glass or alcohol

Charles Nungester 5/2/22 9:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miledirt (Post 551704)
Busch Stadium, St Louis Cardinals allow small soft side cooler allowed with food and drink. No glass or alcohol

Reds are the same

racefan20 5/2/22 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrentTFunk (Post 551703)
In Indiana you can't bring in beer or any alcohol if you sell it. There is an exemption for a track over 2 miles in length. It is enforced by state excise. Like anything else, you can do it until you get caught.

and of course there is only one track over 2 miles in length :)

Chief Wahoo 5/3/22 7:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonboat15

Been to PA much ? Maybe we shouldn't be included in today's world, we might not deserve it.

No I’ve never been. Would love to visit some tracks there someday. Was just listing places that I’m familiar with.

jonboat15 5/3/22 8:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo (Post 551712)
No I’ve never been. Would love to visit some tracks there someday. Was just listing places that I’m familiar with.

My comment was directed towards captrat. As yeleyfan noted PA tracks seem pretty cooler friendly. Chief, come on over to PA sometime, our state slogan is "you have a friend in PA" at least that's what it used to be.

Midget98 5/3/22 11:06 AM

I guess I never realized how many people actually took carry-ins to races. Maybe it's more of an Indiana thing, because I don't see that at events here in Wisconsin. To me, part of the experience of going to the races is the track concessions. If I ever get to the point of not being able to afford a burger and a beer at the track, I probably wouldn't be spending my money on a ticket to attend either.

chrismattlin 5/3/22 11:07 AM

I'm fine either way with THAT's policy, but since it was brought up, I'll add that from my experience that you can bring anything not glass to all Cincinnati Reds games as well as the Indy 500.

I'll also add that Terre Haute is one of a couple tracks in the state that is "grandfathered" to allow carry-in beverages while also being able to secure a liquor license to sell beer. I believe IMS and Bloomington are the other two.

The Old Coyote 5/3/22 11:10 AM

:44:
Oh well, at least we're arguing about tires:D

BrentTFunk 5/3/22 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrismattlin (Post 551717)
I'm fine either way with THAT's policy, but since it was brought up, I'll add that from my experience that you can bring anything not glass to all Cincinnati Reds games as well as the Indy 500.

I'll also add that Terre Haute is one of a couple tracks in the state that is "grandfathered" to allow carry-in beverages while also being able to secure a liquor license to sell beer. I believe IMS and Bloomington are the other two.

There is no grandfather clause that I know of. Bloomington never sold beer until after Miles left, so I can't see them being grandfathered in anyway.