IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Gas prices (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=61686)

SHORTBUS 8/2/12 3:27 PM

Gas prices

Gas in terre haute just took another jump today 3.95 ( .75 ) in the last week.why ?? ( just because they can ) guess i will stay home more often now ____ bull sh-t _____ :7:

Dave Rudisell 8/2/12 3:29 PM

Re: Gas prices

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHORTBUS (Post 294948)
Gas in terre haute just took another jump today ( .75 ) in the last week.why ?? ( just because they can ) guess i will stay home more often now ____ bull sh-t _____ :7:

Gas is FREE in Lawrenceburg...all you need is this plactic card thingy put it in the pump thingy and it gives you all you want!!

ChadSmith 8/2/12 3:32 PM

Need to figure out how to run the truck on methanol!

Posted via Mobile Device

Dave Rudisell 8/2/12 3:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChadSmith (Post 294950)
Need to figure out how to run the truck on methanol!

Posted via Mobile Device

My truck is equipped for E85 and last year i found a place that sold it. I got it for 2.75 a gallon with my Kroger plus card...thought i got a great deal, until the next day it was all gone. I think i got like 4 mpg, and it had no power also. Never again!!

TQ29m 8/2/12 3:51 PM

Dave, ain't that E85 wonderful, you might as well put the pure stuff in, methenol, it wouldn't foul your system much worse, I just ck'd Gas Buddy, and it's at $3.95 already today, just a few days ago, they were telling us, it'd be back to just over $3.00, in a week or so, so much for that BS! Bob!:7:

SHORTBUS 8/2/12 4:05 PM

Dave,
you are full of gas as always

Shawn Harper 8/2/12 4:07 PM

I heard a refinery was having some issues and once these were resolved the gas prices would drop down again.:10:

SDHill89 8/2/12 4:11 PM

I've never understood how a refinery problem or the price of oil changing can effect the price of gas that the stations already have.

Diggsy 8/2/12 4:26 PM

Charge more for what they have now since it could take longer to get more? No idea.

The refinery in Tulsa had some kind of explosion overnight and crews battled a fire for a few hours that took the refinery offline. Says it handles over 125k barrels of crude/day. Not sure whey go from there, but...

midget96 8/2/12 4:27 PM

Well, I can tell you that most stations get fuel and or gas deliveries multiple times in a week. Thus if the price changes daily we change ours. IT IS NOT the stations that are making money. Gas, lottery and tobacco aren't called lost leaders for nothing. These 3 things are federally regulated (go figure the no profit). I did not stay at a Holiday Inn last night, I just own a station. And if anyone would like to run just the gas come on down.

dirtnonwingfan 8/2/12 4:42 PM

i

Midget 89 8/2/12 5:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diggsy (Post 294960)
Charge more for what they have now since it could take longer to get more? No idea.

The refinery in Tulsa had some kind of explosion overnight and crews battled a fire for a few hours that took the refinery offline. Says it handles over 125k barrels of crude/day. Not sure whey go from there, but...

There was indeed an explosion at the HollyFrontier refinery early today in Tulsa. It was in a section that produces diesel fuel. Why should that impact gasoline prices?:10::10:

Hotshoe65s 8/2/12 5:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Rudisell (Post 294949)
Gas is FREE in Lawrenceburg...all you need is this plactic card thingy put it in the pump thingy and it gives you all you want!!

SWEET!!!

Hey Dave can I borrow your plastic card thingy lol

Posted via Mobile Device

SHORTBUS 8/2/12 6:33 PM

Oil prices down 1.78 today --- now what is the excuse ???

Jerry Spencer 8/2/12 6:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHORTBUS (Post 294948)
Gas in terre haute just took another jump today 3.95 ( .75 ) in the last week.why ?? ( just because they can ) guess i will stay home more often now ____ bull sh-t _____ :7:

Two words, Wall Street, Speculators. I know how to fix it and I have a feeling it will be here before we know it. Take a look at natural gas prices, a month ago they had no place to put it because they had so much, abracadabra now there is a shortage and prices are going up.

Jerry

Sprintfan1985 8/2/12 7:02 PM

what is your way of fixing this jerry? lol...id like to hear it.
Aaron

lovindirt 8/2/12 7:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Rudisell (Post 294949)

Dave I don't have one of them there plastic card thingy's you got one that I can have since it's all good in L-burg as you tell it.Maybe you could just put it in an envelope for me Sat.:)
JEFF SWEAT

PJ Wright 8/2/12 7:08 PM

It's my fault. Word leaked out that the wife and I have a big road trip planned. Sorry guys.

backitin 8/2/12 7:28 PM

The practice of speculating. Its nothing but pure theft. The oil companys run the world. Being a contractor I figure it would be nice if I could wake up in the morning see it's gonna rain for a couple of days and hit my customers with a rate increase to cover my down time. They got us and the whole world by the balls.

Mud Packer 8/2/12 10:08 PM

After traveling all over Central Indiana today:31:, the one thing that was constant was $3.95 gas. I get back to the Redbud City and we have one station that is still selling for $3.05. I stopped to fill the car and then came back home and got the truck to fill up. Good part I was able to fill up for .90 cheaper than I thought I would be able. Bad part was, it took me an hour and a half just to get through the mass of humanity trying to do the same.:10::15:

The only thing I can tell you Dave is be careful what thingy you put your plastic thingy in.:18: It can get you into some real trouble if you are not careful.:14:It may seem free but the day of the free lunch is over my friend.:)

And to you Shortbus, you might want to consider getting that bike out and start peddling. Might also call Lloyd and put him on a retainer as your personal chauffeur.

Dirtfan 8/2/12 10:42 PM

The oil companies do what they want as far as setting their prices.They always have record profits every quarter and always will.It doesn't matter whether a donkey or elephant is in office,ALL of them are on the oil companies payroll,maybe not up front,but they are. So in the end we reach into our billfolds and pay for all of it.

SpfldMile 8/2/12 10:58 PM

$3.99 here in Springfield. I think they charge us more tax in Illinois to incarcerate our last two governors.

Gregg 8/3/12 12:11 AM

Gas is relatively cheap at our house. All it costs is $1.75. That buys us a can of Bush's Baked Beans to eat and we have plenty of gas.:5:

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midget 89 (Post 294965)
There was indeed an explosion at the HollyFrontier refinery early today in Tulsa. It was in a section that produces diesel fuel. Why should that impact gasoline prices?:10::10:

Passed buy a gas station close to home. The price of regular is $3.89 but the price of Diesel is $3.69. So not only does the equivalent deisel engine get better fuel mileage they are getting a better break at the fuel pump as well.:43::

Dyno Don 8/3/12 7:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpfldMile (Post 295007)
$3.99 here in Springfield. I think they charge us more tax in Illinois to incarcerate our last two governors.

What do not understand is the difference in gas prices. Here in Indy there are a BP and Speedway accross the street form each other and gas was 3.95, a mile up the road an Admiral was 3.69 and a little over a mile away was a Kroger at 3.57. If Kroger can sell gas at 3.57, why can not the other stations do the same?

illinisprintfan 8/3/12 7:42 AM

As of this morning, $3.49 in Bridgeport, IL.

nanny_goat21 8/3/12 7:52 AM

Well, the only way to get the oil companies attention is to hit them where it hurts by taking money out of their pockets so to speak. My idea would be to have like a two or three day boycott on buying gas, but the possibility of that happening is slim and none. I know everyone has to work and we all love racing but I think it would at least get their attention. The oil companies are gonna charge whatever they want for gas cause they know we are gonna fork over the money to pay for it, no matter how expensive. So, this is just a thought that I know is very unlikely to happen but I think it would get some attention. So everyone have a blessed day and an awesome weekend of racing :31:

IndyBound 8/3/12 8:03 AM

I filled up on Tues in Oswego, N. Y. at $3.63 with 60 cents off for spending money at the grocery store I paid $3.03. When I have grocery store money built up like that I try to get as close to empty as possible to take advantage of the 20 gallons you can get at the discounted price. Since I filled up prices had gone up 4 cents as of Thursday. Guess gas prices aren't so bad in Central N. Y. for once, I have always found them higher than Indiana, have to wonder why the difference this time?

Patti

the_77H 8/3/12 8:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nanny_goat21 (Post 295040)
Well, the only way to get the oil companies attention is to hit them where it hurts by taking money out of their pockets so to speak. My idea would be to have like a two or three day boycott on buying gas, but the possibility of that happening is slim and none. I know everyone has to work and we all love racing but I think it would at least get their attention. The oil companies are gonna charge whatever they want for gas cause they know we are gonna fork over the money to pay for it, no matter how expensive. So, this is just a thought that I know is very unlikely to happen but I think it would get some attention. So everyone have a blessed day and an awesome weekend of racing :31:

That would only be effective if EVERYONE would do it. Even if that was possible, everyone would eventually get the fuel that they would have needed on the days of the boycott. So sales would be down for a day or two, then shoot right back up after the boycott. Obviously our only option is to just give up on oil and race electric cars :14:

nanny_goat21 8/3/12 8:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_77H (Post 295042)
That would only be effective if EVERYONE would do it. Even if that was possible, everyone would eventually get the fuel that they would have needed on the days of the boycott. So sales would be down for a day or two, then shoot right back up after the boycott. Obviously our only option is to just give up on oil and race electric cars :14:

Sounds good to me, although I would miss the smell of the methanol being burnt by the sprint cars :D

Dick Monahan 8/3/12 8:29 AM

I just filed my receipts from ISW. Here are the prices for 5 fills at the same station in Speedway.

7/14 3.259
7/16 3.259
7/18 3.479
7/20 3.399
7/22 3.329

Most station owners I have known simply tacked a few cents on to the price they paid. Assuming that's the case here, the market price is twanging up and down way too fast for it to be caused by Iranian ******** or forecasts for the winter, or anything like that.

TQ29m 8/3/12 9:11 AM

From the desk of an old "salt". We happen to be held hostage, by the "mega" companies that can control BOTH supply and demand, and no one seems to have the gonads to step them up to the plate, and answer any questions about their inner workings. Here in Indiana, we have 2 oil refineries, one located at the SW tip of the state, that refines their OWN oil, pumped outa the ground right close to all of us, that is CountryMark, as it is known today, and the other, located in the NW tip of the state, refines BP, or a foreign oil, and they seem to be, the one that has the most breakdowns, so we are now controlled by not only gas/oil, bit the other power companies, being electric and natural gas, and water companies are getting their share also. When someone can control both supply, and indirectly demand, we don't have much of a chance of "standing them in the corner"! Bob

racer-x 8/3/12 9:42 AM

Here is the real answer.. CHANGE THE NEWS MEDIA,,CHANGE THE WORLD!!:11; Nothing effects every person in this great nation more then the price of gas.. How much talk have you heard about it in the mainstream news lately?

Flatrightrear 8/3/12 2:56 PM

Good article on gas prices and why they are what they are in the Wall St. Journal today on page A13.

ronmil 8/3/12 3:09 PM

Supposedly three refineries located in Indiana and Illinois are having problems and that has led to the price increase.

Dez1013 8/3/12 5:20 PM

Some exec probably needs a fourth private jet for his daughter....

backitin 8/3/12 5:41 PM

Finally something we all agree on, high gas prices suck. :8:
The loyalist of dogs is the hotdog, it feeds the hand that bites it.

duel 8/4/12 12:27 AM

EPA 25,000 strong? we need a new boss.....wake up!

ronmil 8/4/12 12:51 AM

Gas is $3.89 in Evansville, but $3.59 at Pilot/Flying J/Loves at US41 & Warrenton Rd. just south of Haubstadt.

racenut69 8/4/12 7:10 AM

Gas has Ethanol,Ethanol is made from corn,the corn crop is dead so the price is headed to $4.00 a gallon or more...By the end of the year,we will have to decide between food or fuel. The commercials about sponsoring a poor child overseas will have an American child's face on them,soon!..***!

racefan20 8/4/12 10:10 AM

Just got it for 3.67 at Plainfield exit on I-70