Indiana Open Wheel
Page 9 of 9 First

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Gas City / OConnors (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=93200)

ThePurple73 7/10/16 1:34 PM

Re: Gas City / OConnors

Holy Cow! Use just a little bit of common sense. Once a year Sprint Week occurs, fans from all over come to visit Indiana, eat a Tenderloin, talk racing, Sandys Pizza, Union Jacks, wish I had corn on the cob I'm my area, attend all the tracks and have fun.

I understand the blankets, but just this one week give it up, let everyone have a chance at a seat. It probably isn't an issue any other week. Most tracks you can see from anywhere anyway. Cut the promoters some slack.

I didn't know they had the two board seats at Haubstadt? Is that on the backstretch? I always sit on the front stretch. I have graduated to a two board one, so thanks for letting me know.

Actually, you should count your blessings when your main complaint is a blanket issue at a race track!

rclaridge 7/10/16 4:20 PM

Originally Posted by ThePurple73:
Holy Cow! Use just a little bit of common sense. Once a year Sprint Week occurs, fans from all over come to visit Indiana, eat a Tenderloin, talk racing, Sandys Pizza, Union Jacks, wish I had corn on the cob I'm my area, attend all the tracks and have fun.

I understand the blankets, but just this one week give it up, let everyone have a chance at a seat. It probably isn't an issue any other week. Most tracks you can see from anywhere anyway. Cut the promoters some slack.

I didn't know they had the two board seats at Haubstadt? Is that on the backstretch? I always sit on the front stretch. I have graduated to a two board one, so thanks for letting me know.

Actually, you should count your blessings when your main complaint is a blanket issue at a race track!

Backstretch reserve seats,you can call ahead and and get one and you don't have to look into the sun either!!

speedbump 7/10/16 5:14 PM

Just my opinion but I don't think that you should have Stadium seats for the bleachers just take a blanket and set on it. because I was at Kokomo couple weeks ago there's a guy with a stadium seat you couldn't walk behind him when he leaned back and makes it unbearable for people to get through

Vukie 7/10/16 8:05 PM

I really think it's all USAC's fault. :D

short track scott 7/12/16 7:23 PM

Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
I had no problem. I wish all tracks would do away with blankets. Earl Baltes told me once letting people put down blankets was the worst thing they ever did at Eldora. A guy comes from the tail for the win, and all you can post is crying about blankets. I wonder what's wrong with the sport

I'm glad the O'Connors took the chance on opening Gas City, for any or as many nights as they see fit. I only wish my schedule allowed me to be there more often.

The situation may not have been handled well. At all. But at least there was racing.

I get the purpose of putting down blankets. The same can be accomplished through reserved seating. Of course the management of that would probably take a dollar or two upcharge. But it would hold seats.