IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Terre Haute infield coolers (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=122755)

mc/rider 4/4/23 8:40 AM

Re: Terre Haute infield coolers

it seems fair grounds tracks concessions are priced higher than privately owned tracks. Probably the politicians cut

The Old Coyote 4/4/23 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomer (Post 563214)
Looking for opinions. What would be a fair price to pay for a 16 ounce cold beer at the track? Keep in mind the price of ice

To quote Edmund Burke "Whatever the market will bear"!:D

JMA1181 4/4/23 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pancho Stapp (Post 563123)
I don’t want to here from the morons if you can’t afford it you don’t need to be drinking crowd because that’s not the issue here.

Have to love a guy referring to morons and what he doesn’t want to HERE from them. I doubt you will HERE them say anything, you might HEAR them though.

Pancho Stapp 4/4/23 11:20 AM

Oh **** i misspelled something in my haste to get back to watching the race from Richmond as i was posting. Thanks for following up.

DirtTrackTherapy16J 4/4/23 12:12 PM

Way to go Bill Rose and others involved. Coolers welcome, 16x16x16, piece of cake. Beer in cans only welcome. Infield only. Excellent idea!! I and others who enjoy drinking a few beers after a hard day of work or work week can enjoy that bc we want to, not bc we have to or bc were alcoholics. Families with kids who can't afford high priced concessions but still want to try and take their family to a race can now go and enjoy the race with a cooler in the infield!! Awesome business decision!! Well done!!

cmakin 4/4/23 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdull99 (Post 563212)
I don't recall much about the infield...(remember pitting and staging outside the track when we ran it...). With all this beer drinking; I gota ask; how are the bathrooms down there???

Hahahahah. . . .temporary. . . .

Rapid Rick 4/4/23 7:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtTrackTherapy16J (Post 563231)
Way to go Bill Rose and others involved. Coolers welcome, 16x16x16, piece of cake. Beer in cans only welcome. Infield only. Excellent idea!! I and others who enjoy drinking a few beers after a hard day of work or work week can enjoy that bc we want to, not bc we have to or bc were alcoholics. Families with kids who can't afford high priced concessions but still want to try and take their family to a race can now go and enjoy the race with a cooler in the infield!! Awesome business decision!! Well done!!

There are some places that are so perfect that you never want to see them change. The infield at the Action Track is just one of those places for me. The sound, the smells, the people with blankets, coolers and grills. Been going there for 55 years and it is amazing how it takes you back. Thank you for keeping it alive. See you in turn two.

flagboy55 4/4/23 8:46 PM

So I was wondering if you think they’ll let me drive my car into the infield in turn 3 with my cooler with beer in it?🏁🏁

jdull99 4/5/23 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapid Rick (Post 563242)
There are some places that are so perfect that you never want to see them change. The infield at the Action Track is just one of those places for me. The sound, the smells, the people with blankets, coolers and grills. Been going there for 55 years and it is amazing how it takes you back. Thank you for keeping it alive. See you in turn two.

Porta-John perfect???