Indiana Open Wheel
Page 6 of 6 First

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Thoughts on ISW, LPS and USAC (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=61364)

retired14 7/25/12 1:25 PM

Re: Thoughts on ISW, LPS and USAC

I just got off the phone with Jason McCord, and USAC will have a DVD of the entire sprint week in about a month he said. Just call the USAC office and the lady that answers the phone will direct you to the person who will take your order. I didn't ask the price, as I am gonna buy it, anyhow. So, now we know the rest of the story. LOL:5:

DAD 7/26/12 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Bill Gardner:
JT, Joe started working on the track at 11:30pm Saturday night after the races. Worked until 3:40am. Got a couple hours of sleep and back up at 6am and worked all day.

It is what it is...

Posted via Mobile Device

I have lived in L-ville all my life, I used to have a shop 3 blocks from Churchill Downs That is a big old dirt 4 legged type race track. I have been there one time in my life and really can't remember too much about that day for some reason.

It seems to me that dirt race track owner could take some lessons from those people. They run 7 days a week on that track in season and keep that thing in perfect shape rain or drought.

I read an article about how the they constructed the track. They start out with a couple of feet of rock with drain tiles and irrigation system installed then they put several feet of special horse dirt on top of that. If it rains the water drains off if it is dry the irrigation system takes over. Then all they do is go over it with a drag to clean up all the poop and they are ready to go.

Granted they don't apply as much hp to their track, and horses do not dig up ruts but it would be a great place to start.

Or you could just enroll in the tri-state track maintenance class.

Honest Dad himself:6::6:

ronmil 7/26/12 1:58 PM

Went to all except Gas City and Kokomo and found something to like and not to like at each one, but I had a good time watching the races and visiting with friends, and that's what really counts!

Dave Rudisell 7/26/12 2:25 PM

Originally Posted by DAD:
I have lived in L-ville all my life, I used to have a shop 3 blocks from Churchill Downs That is a big old dirt 4 legged type race track. I have been there one time in my life and really can't remember too much about that day for some reason.

It seems to me that dirt race track owner could take some lessons from those people. They run 7 days a week on that track in season and keep that thing in perfect shape rain or drought.

I read an article about how the they constructed the track. They start out with a couple of feet of rock with drain tiles and irrigation system installed then they put several feet of special horse dirt on top of that. If it rains the water drains off if it is dry the irrigation system takes over. Then all they do is go over it with a drag to clean up all the poop and they are ready to go.

Granted they don't apply as much hp to their track, and horses do not dig up ruts but it would be a great place to start.

Or you could just enroll in the tri-state track maintenance class.

Honest Dad himself:6::6:

That right there is the funniest thing i have read in a long time.:5: I think we need to make the cars wear horseshoes instead of tires also.:5:

captrat 7/27/12 9:23 PM

Originally Posted by wallsracing:
was you even there...or u just reading all this:3:

omg!:24:

racegal 8/10/12 6:50 PM

Did I miss it or did no one write an article about Dave Darland starting and winning his 500th USAC feature?
Have other drivers done this? I am just curious.

If anyone has seen an article about it, could you please share it?
Thank you in advance! :)