IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Plymouth: UMP Modifieds added to WOO Sprint show. 5/13. (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=91911)

Spi-nex 5/10/16 3:26 PM

Re: Plymouth: UMP Modifieds added to WOO Sprint show. 5/13.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate (Post 445262)
SLS isn't promoting this show

That's interesting. I'd like to know how they get to hold a WoO show without SLS. When we asked about it we were told you couldn't get a WoO show without the SLS morons.

MIracing 5/10/16 3:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spi-nex (Post 445276)
That's interesting. I'd like to know how they get to hold a WoO show without SLS. When we asked about it we were told you couldn't get a WoO show without the SLS morons.

As a fan, I wish you could get a WoO show without SLS too. All it means for fans is higher ticket prices.

Spi-nex 5/10/16 3:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIracing (Post 445278)
As a fan, I wish you could get a WoO show without SLS too. All it means for fans is higher ticket prices.

Especially since the tracks don't get to keep any of the front gate money.... SLS just doesn't give a very good deal.

Nate 5/10/16 4:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spi-nex (Post 445279)
Especially since the tracks don't get to keep any of the front gate money.... SLS just doesn't give a very good deal.

Have it on very good information, this is not an SLS show.

Nate 5/10/16 4:47 PM

If it were an SLS show they would have put reserved tickets on sale sooner than last week. They're not promoting Haubstadt on Saturday either or Lawrenceburg for that matter on Memorial Day.

BrentTFunk 5/10/16 5:01 PM

You guys should know why they don't have to use SLS. Think about it.

MIracing 5/10/16 5:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate (Post 445283)
Have it on very good information, this is not an SLS show.

He is asking why someone like Plymouth doesn't have to use SLS but someone like Hartford does?

Nate 5/10/16 5:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIracing (Post 445290)
He is asking why someone like Plymouth doesn't have to use SLS but someone like Hartford does?

SLS hasn't promoted a majority of the WoO shows up to this point and they won't until June. You can check the SLS website and see all the races they're in charge of.

This show is a joint venture deal between WRG and Plymouth, at least from what i understand.

Spi-nex 5/10/16 6:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate (Post 445294)
SLS hasn't promoted a majority of the WoO shows up to this point and they won't until June. You can check the SLS website and see all the races they're in charge of.

This show is a joint venture deal between WRG and Plymouth, at least from what i understand.

I wasn't contradicting or trying to argue with you earlier Nate. Was just scratching my head as to why Plymouth gets treated differently than other tracks (and those who don't have to use SLS). No disrespect intended at all! :)

When we asked about doing a WoO show without SLS involvement we (Hartford) were told "no way, it's not possible." Which is total BS when others are allowed to do it.... just another one of those things that WRG does to stomp all over smaller race tracks.

Nate 5/10/16 9:23 PM

No arguments here bud, just sayin.

But like Brent said, think about it for a second and you'll understand what makes them special