IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Where to move in Indiana/Ohio? (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=82791)

ronmil 1/28/15 3:21 PM

Re: Where to move in Indiana/Ohio?

Lived in Evansville all my life and I love it! Weather is generally better down here during the winter than upstate; less than half-hour from Haubstadt, but you will have to drive at least two hours to get to most of the other tracks in Indiana. I69 has cut the drive to Bloomington down to about an hour and forty-five minutes. Cost of living is generally a little lower here, too. Pretty good access to southern Illinois racetracks via I64.
I do envy the guys in central Indiana because of all the race tracks that are in close proximity!

Andrew S. Quinn 1/28/15 5:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hustler (Post 404293)
Going to try and sell my dwarf before I leave cause there's not much for racing them over there and plus, Ive been wanting a midget forever. Now I'm moving to the serious open wheel country and might as well.
I appreciate all of your input.

Indys West side is the place to be. Plenty of race places around for parts repair etc, easy access to the interstates,and most importantly,3 1/2 hrs to the best midget track there is: Belle-Clair Speedway,Belleville,Illinois......

Stevensville Mike 1/28/15 5:02 PM

Gas City. Move there. Buy the track. Run it for the next 30 years. Let the fans in cheap and provide great racing.

Okay.... maybe I am a little selfish...... :11:

jjones752 1/28/15 6:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hustler (Post 404293)
I've looked into Carmel and Noblesville but the living is high there and not much for space. I've been looking a lot down by the OH IN and KY border but in Indiana. Small town called Lexington IN has caught my eye. It's close to Lousville for airports. i haven't found much around Kokomo, and that was the first place I checked due to the track lol. I have also looked at West Indy and it seems more reasonable.
I have a mini sprint and a dwarf car that I will be racing. Going to try and sell my dwarf before I leave cause there's not much for racing them over there and plus, Ive been wanting a midget forever. Now I'm moving to the serious open wheel country and might as well.
I appreciate all of your input.

If you already have a Mini Sprint (assuming it's an upright) and you want to go Midget racing find a place reasonably close to Montpelier; you can race your car in the Montpelier Midget Series and upgrade to a full-up shaft-drive automotive-powered version at a later date if you desire, or stick with the chain and have a ton of fun. I chose where I live for the opportunity to buy a house for cash and proximity to IMS, but if I had it to do over again might choose Noblesville and surrounding areas because of where I ended up racing.

TQ29m 1/28/15 7:28 PM

Just for giggles and grins, ck the Seymour, In area, close to a lot of tracks! Bob

i love dirt track racing 1/28/15 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hustler (Post 404207)
I took a job and will have to be based in the Midwest area including Illinois Ohio Indiana Kentucky Michigan and Wisconsin. My wife and I have narrowed it down to Indiana due to taxes being the best there but wanted to get some opinions as to where to live. We like to have land and have a 3 month old.

I live in a little town of Osgood indiana. I call it o so good . You can pick and choose what track you want to go to and if the weather is bad down south you can hit any other tracks in a notice. Welcome to the racing capital of the world.

Poorboyjocko 1/28/15 11:12 PM

Check Madison Country.. thirty to 40 min north east of Indy. Pendleton, Lapel, Anderson area. Good tax rates.. Land can range from $ 7 to $9 thousand an Ac. And yes, there is a lot of corn in Indiana, along with good race tracks and friendly people.:6:

JstAbvVMC 1/29/15 12:43 AM

Thanks guys, Ya I've been looking as far north as Kokomo. Issue #2 is I want to be reasonably close to some decent golf courses. It's a retirement thing. Race shop for the boy and golf courses nearby so I don't have to help load the trailer !! Lol

treecitytornado 1/29/15 1:40 AM

Speaking of Osgood that brings back great memories of making history with Mr. Terry Eaglin and helping to promote a Sprint Car race at the Ripley County oval! Fun track to race in a Sprint, T.Q., Kenyon Midget, Micro-Sprint, Go-Kart, or whatever!!

Poorboyjocko 1/29/15 11:14 AM

Check Madison Country.. thirty to 40 min north east of Indy. Pendleton, Lapel, Anderson area. Good tax rates.. Land can range from $ 7 to $9 thousand an Ac. And yes, there is a lot of corn in Indiana, along with good race tracks and friendly people.:6: