IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Amsa and mmsa (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=52109)

Mike M 67 8/22/11 11:30 PM

Re: Amsa and mmsa merging to form the america

I just want everyone to know that Bill May has never told us not to go run with another group when the MMSA did not have a race.

We have run with both groups at one time or another.

Just want to see all cars on a level playing field.

I would like to see all cars with motors stock out of the bike. No extra's, No changing cams, No changing valve springs, No milling heads, etc.

Last Saturday at Lawrenceburg we went to watch and we saw this in hot laps.

#28 car on alchohol ran 15.452 in hot laps according to track timing.

#13T Stock on Gas in hot laps was 15.545

I do not know if the #28 has had any motor work done or not, but was told that the 13T was pure stock on gas.

DAD 8/22/11 11:57 PM

We run alky it's not a big deal. Alky Makes motor run a lot cooler we now run smaller radiator and no fan now and no overheating. Alky is also safer than gas in case of a wreck. We are running between 40 and 70 psi fuel pressuer in these things and one of the first things a lot of people leave out when cutting down the wire harness is the fuel pump shut off. That means if a driver gets knocked out and a fuel line breaks we are squirting fuel 30 to 40 feat and if it catches fire I would rather it be alky Than gas. Now, we cross the scales at about 1040 lbs I don't think that's too fair either. Rules will never be fair for every one, we probably do need to address the fuel pump shut of deal. We make our own alky injection and I can guess it is about a $350.00 TO $1000.00 option DEPENDING ON if you have POWER COMANDER fuel pump and filters.

Bradleyracing86 8/23/11 4:36 AM

Oh DAD your never happy with the rules! Lol Congrats on the win last week btw even with the low car count there was some really fast cars in attendance..
Posted via Mobile Device

Quantrill 8/23/11 7:36 AM

I would like to see a national touring series. 4 races... One race in Indiana, one in Illinois, One in Missouri and one in Colorado or Ohio. Have it at current sanction tracks for each group. Common rules so everyone can compete. It would take someone with deep pockets to put up the purse. I know they are out there because plenty of them own race teams and get very little return on there money. Something like $5000 per event. $1500-$2000 to win then payback deep in the field. I used to be involved with SKUSA karting series and there national tour was top notch back in the day. I would love to see lightning sprints follow suit.

Just a pipe dream.

DAD 8/23/11 11:02 AM

Re: Amsa and mmsa

We will most likley always be a support class filling in time for the Big Boys. It's hard going 100 miles to a race let alone 400 or 500 when it pays less than a thousand to win and or a hundred to start. Most of us are over the hill as far as trying to move up in racing. We know our limits and race within them, we are kinda of like tq's and ARCA used to be. I have seen several drivers come race with us and move up and do good in more expensive race cars. We have several drivers racing every week with us that could do very well in higher forms of racing that choose to race with us because they don't want the lifestyle of a full time racer. We should be and are a development class. I went to a go kart race last week end and watched the next up and cooming racers. What I saw was a bunch of Dale Earnhardt wanna-be's pushing and banging there way to the front. We can teach these kid's that racing open wheel does have un-spoken rules of etiquette, about blocking, charging, and racing room. I think that's our job in racing right now and I think for the most part we are doing a pretty good job.
It would be good to get together once a year for a big race and right now I'm thinking Brownstown and fun-fest right now we are looking for sponsors and money to make a little better purse.

suzuki756 8/23/11 10:26 PM

funny fast lap of main was a 15.364 by the 31 bone stk990 lbs

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

jerry is always told us of other races going on when the amsa is not racing but it would be cool if both sides would try to put 1 race on together 35 or so cars at the burg would be awesome mmsa guys think amsa has big motors thats crap tech them i bet all are stk bore and stroke some on gas some on alky roberts won sat at the burg stk bore stk stroke the 31 same and over weight and out shape mmsa guys are just as fast, everyone that races these cars should support a show like this talk to dave run it next year with a big show then we show all those fans there how cool and fast these cars are i know we could get a sponsor for this show with at least 2k win,jerry, bill,dave work this out i will try help get a sponsor for it i know we can...

Phylo82 8/23/11 11:10 PM

31 ????.....never heard of him. :5:

DAD 8/23/11 11:48 PM

I've run with AMSA probably longer than suzuki 756 has. I never made it into the click however. I have had more than my fair share of calls aganist me because we beat the wrong people. I trully enjoy racing with MMSA. Two groups mean competition and that makes things better. Some people think bigger is better, bigger government, bigger engines, bigger race tracks, or bigger racing groups. That is bull, Bill has got us several class tracks to race on. He even found one hell of a monster track at Owensboro, that thing was very very fast. Minisprints seem to work best on the smaller tracks Brownstown and Bloomington are great. Lawrenceburg is just a little big for our little cars and is hard on equipment when you wreck. Amsa seems to be doing fine on their own in the future if they offer something better we would consider racing with them KC sounds fun we have driven by it so many times going to 35 now you guys are racing there.
756 I took my old junk car and an over the hill driver to Tulsa and finished second were you there.

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

My dad told me a long time ago "The only time you need a partner is when you are loosing money."

Phylo82 8/23/11 11:48 PM

Easy DAD....not everyone can pick up and head to Tulsa to race over a holiday weekend. Hard to believe but some people actually have families and jobs that keep them from racing as much as they would like to.

I tell my son all the time he is lucky he is the 3rd kid in line and not the first or he wouldn't be getting to spend countless weekends at the track. We wouldn't have had the time or the money back then.

Fyi - we have run with the AMSA for 4 years now and I am not aware of any click, and I have only witnessed one call...and yeah, it was bad but it didn't go against you.

Mulvaney 8/24/11 12:19 AM

any of you amsa guys looking for a bandent 1200cc suzuki engine ? looking to trade down to a 1000 cc. suzuki preferred!!