IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The Cat is out of the bag (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=25406)

Need For Speed 11/7/09 12:06 AM

Re: The Cat is out of the bag

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyG (Post 144142)
Would be cool if they ran a schedule of half wing races and half nonwing races.will never happen but would be different and exciting.

USAC tried that trick in the mid '80s....it was pretty much a short lived 'experiment'.

bigmojo5 11/7/09 12:42 AM

When the World of Outlaws first started the decision on wing or non-wing was made by the racetrack.

Joey Woods 11/7/09 1:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmojo5 (Post 144239)
When the World of Outlaws first started the decision on wing or non-wing was made by the racetrack.

I know this post isn't worth the red background it's printed on but, wouldn't it be neat if the WOO ran what the tracks ran, whether it be wing, non wing, dirt, pavement, 410, or, 360. In my silly book that would really make the WOO the
WOO! And no tire rule of any kind, just contingency money. Just sayin.

LEADERS EDGE 11/7/09 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revolution Racing (Post 144144)
Thank God we all have 'Edge to let us know how we are doing... Here I thought things were finally starting to go well but I guess I better start looking for new work (again!) Don't know where he gets his inside info but he's a genius. Guess I'd better get this shop closed up and go see if they are hiring down at the quickie lube....

You're right,I don't know anything.

How could I? Being that you are so tight lipped and oppossed to shameless self-promotion.

What do you have against the quickie lube?

Charles Nungester 11/7/09 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Need For Speed (Post 144224)
USAC tried that trick in the mid '80s....it was pretty much a short lived 'experiment'.

It was pretty much a short lived necessity for usac to even get a race at some tracks. Wang's were hot late 80s then everybody went broke

cecil98 11/7/09 3:28 PM

I thought this was done before with Steve K's involvement. Wasn't it called NST?

REH24 11/7/09 3:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cecil98 (Post 144303)
I thought this was done before with Steve K's involvement. Wasn't it called NST?

And years before that with Karl Kinser and it was called USA I believe.

Need For Speed 11/7/09 5:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Nungester (Post 144285)
It was pretty much a short lived necessity for usac to even get a race at some tracks. Wang's were hot late 80s then everybody went broke

USAC tried it in the mid '80s..................

Ovalmeister 11/7/09 5:50 PM

If I'm reading this correctly, the NST and USA deals were national, geared towards direct competition against the WOO. I think this latest deal is regional, Indiana-Ohio-Michigan, maybe Pennsylvania? I would imagine the All-Stars would be the club to worry. Could be wrong.
David.

bigmojo5 11/7/09 6:27 PM

Dave,
Sounds like you're dead on.