IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Eastern Storm (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=120555)

The Old Coyote 6/16/22 8:29 AM

Re: Eastern Storm

"No they aren't

We part company on this one, Charles.

I ignored winged cars until I got FloRacing. Then, I started watching ASCoC because it was there. Well, guess what? ASCoC is exiting to watch and they have full fields and, in my opinion, put on quite a show.

USAC is still my number one preference, but I keep both series open on my browser so I can go watch ASCoC when USAC support series is running.

They are indeed sprint cars and certainly worth watching.

ThrowbackRacingTeam 6/16/22 8:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rpracing1 (Post 553353)
40 All-Stars at tonight’s Ohio Speedweek race Sharon

And USAC will probably have 40 at Putnamville for sprint week 😀

BrentTFunk 6/16/22 9:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kart#51 (Post 553419)
Briggs Danner is the next up and comer. The kid just needs a bigger opportunity and he will be a household name. I was hoping RUM would have called him when Thorson was vacated.

https://www.speedsport.com/sprints-m...he-chili-bowl/

After the way Moles ran at Terre Haute, I can't see them dumping him.

Kart#51 6/16/22 9:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smith19 (Post 553428)
danner is driving for a guy who has plenty of money. look up heffner he's been at it for a while. he has top notch equiptment on the wing side. greg hodnett drove for him...

Heffner picked up the Gallagher car when Bill passed. Heffner now is funding two cars. He has Borden in the 27 and Danner in the 5G. The question really depends on does he want to fund two cars and at what level? Its not about the money, but he does spend it wisely. Also keep in mind Sean Michael works for Heffner and is the brother to Curt who works on the 5G. This connection is likely how Heffner came to own the 5G.

Heffner has been relatively hesitant to travel in the past even with Hodnett. They would go out to Knoxville for two weeks, but that was really the only traveling they did with the exception of when Pittman finished the season a couple years ago on the tour to end the year, but that was done as a favor. Heffner also promotes Selingsgrove

Mike owns Lelands.com. Look it up if you are not familiar with it.

Kart#51 6/16/22 9:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrentTFunk (Post 553450)
After the way Moles ran at Terre Haute, I can't see them dumping him.

He looked decent at Atomic last night as well. I"ve been impressed with him so far, he has outperformed my expectations.

Kart#51 6/16/22 9:35 AM

Kart#51 6/16/22 9:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Nungester (Post 553438)
No they aren't

Sprint cars are like Ice Cream. Everyone likes ice cream....some choose Vanilla over Chocolate and vice versa. At the end of the day its still ice cream and we enjoy it for the pleasure its intended to bring.

mc/rider 6/16/22 10:20 AM

Too quote Jac Haudenchild "hair or hairless, its all good"

racenut69 6/16/22 5:16 PM

LOL!...Abe

captrat 6/16/22 6:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PIT CART (Post 553352)
7 car heat races or 2 ten car heats? Kind of a sad number of cars but I think this will be the new norm. If I am thinking correct Indiana will have three tracks running sprints on Friday. Hopefully they will get good car counts.

I understand 20 cars 3 heats, but why did we have 29 midgets and still only 3 heats. Go back to 28 cars gets you 4 heats. 36 cars or more 5 heats taking top 3, with 2 semis taking 3 each. Give the fans and competitors more bang for their buck.