IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   WAR Sprints $20,000 bonus (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=102794)

Lincoln Chapple 1/31/18 5:05 PM

Re: WAR Sprints $20,000 bonus

8/4 Wilmot
8/5 Angel Park
8/7 Osky

Jonr 1/31/18 10:33 PM

A fact that many people are missing is that for the most part WAR started in the Kansas City area and most of its teams are based in this area. While they are slowing branching out to different areas, they still need to cater to their core supporters. As you get farther away from KC, I think the odds decrease greatly. I think that Lucas Oil Speedway is already set in stone. I would think that the other two tracks would be within 4 hours for KC and a track that has supported them for multiple years.

Also, I believe that the press conference stated that these races would be on televised on MAV TV. There is at least one track that people have listed that is no way ready for national TV. There is not nearly enough lipstick to go around.

ThrowbackRacingTeam 1/31/18 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonr (Post 488997)
A fact that many people are missing is that for the most part WAR started in the Kansas City area and most of its teams are based in this area. While they are slowing branching out to different areas, they still need to cater to their core supporters. As you get farther away from KC, I think the odds decrease greatly. I think that Lucas Oil Speedway is already set in stone. I would think that the other two tracks would be within 4 hours for KC and a track that has supported them for multiple years.

Also, I believe that the press conference stated that these races would be on televised on MAV TV. There is at least one track that people have listed that is no way ready for national TV. There is not nearly enough lipstick to go around.

He asked for opinions for a vote, not where you think it will end up.

sprinter31 2/1/18 12:29 AM

I couldn't agree more with the Wheatland choice, we would tow 5 hrs to race there every week the place is unreal. No Matter where there at, we will be there. Belle Clair and Farmington have supported War. With the Border wars. Its going to be tough for Casey LoL. Being selfish I like FALS and Jacksonville. But I35 and US36 are good Places too. And then you got Osky probably biggest Crowd War would race in front of. Going to be a great year.

oppweld 2/1/18 8:12 AM

I made my picks based on different style tracks(Haubstadt,Belle Clair, Moberly) and the elimination of the cherry pick factor. If I was going to pick the 3 raciest tracks I would go with Haubstadt,FALS,and Wheatland.

sprinter31 2/3/18 3:55 PM

Been thinking about this, I was talking with a long time USAC owner. And we were talking about the 20,000 bonus. He had the best idea I have heard. Bell will pick 3 tracks at the at the start of the season, put them away with nobody knowing what the tracks are. Last race of the year open it up! If nobody wins split the 20,000 up between the top ten in points. Plus to win you have to be a member of WAR. JMO

btg1963 2/3/18 10:36 PM

While I consider Tri State my home track, I really don’t think it belongs in the consideration for the bonus. I think Casey should look at his legacy tracks and pick the three that mean the most to his drivers and series. If the agreement with TSS lasts five years or so and the WAR drivers enjoy racing there, then it could be included in such a bonus. It would be an excellent venue for television, especially with the new lighting.

cshuman 2/3/18 11:11 PM

We are keeping track of what everyone’s thoughts are.. obviously some are very possible, and some sound cool but just don’t make sense. We will be meeting early next week to go over all the info we gathered, and come up with a decision that is good not only for our loyal WAR guys, but for our sponsors, and our fans. I can’t wait, and I would love to see someone hold up a big $20,000 check when it’s all over with!

miledirt 2/4/18 8:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprinter31 (Post 489150)
Been thinking about this, I was talking with a long time USAC owner. And we were talking about the 20,000 bonus. He had the best idea I have heard. Bell will pick 3 tracks at the at the start of the season, put them away with nobody knowing what the tracks are. Last race of the year open it up! If nobody wins split the 20,000 up between the top ten in points. Plus to win you have to be a member of WAR. JMO

That is a a pretty cool idea... FALS wouldn't have to be included in the three track challenge but what an interesting pre A main event that would be.

99wracer 2/5/18 2:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ossuks (Post 488919)
Pick 3 dates that allow your supporters to have the best opportunity.

this one makes since.