Indiana Open Wheel
Page 3 of 8 Last

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Illinois Sprint Week (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=10955)

Tripp22 11/8/08 2:11 PM

Re: Illinois Sprint Week

Lincoln race track has been very fast this year. They seem to have figured out how to work the dirt. As for the DT3. Seen a lot of good photo's posted here showing different. And other post trying to figure out how to keep cost down. Open tire rule just means we'll have to suckup old used tires which most of the goody is gone.
I'm glad to see this week of racing being hashed over so early. Makes me think it could come true. I know the track owners watch these post.
Otie Tripplett

winged and non-winged 11/8/08 9:10 PM

As much as I would love to see the sprintweek happen, I just don't feel very optimistic about it actually happening. There are too many tracks that give verbal commitment at this time of the year, but when it comes time to nut up or shut up they all seem to shut up. With Danville closed, Jacksonville in limbo, and Sumner not even open, There isn't alot of tracks left that have actually had sprint car races in the last few years. I would do my best to help out any way that I could, but untill there is commitment with racetracks I will still feel this way.

Bullringsarebest 11/9/08 3:15 PM

Originally Posted by winged and non-winged:
As much as I would love to see the sprintweek happen, I just don't feel very optimistic about it actually happening. There are too many tracks that give verbal commitment at this time of the year, but when it comes time to nut up or shut up they all seem to shut up. With Danville closed, Jacksonville in limbo, and Sumner not even open, There isn't alot of tracks left that have actually had sprint car races in the last few years. I would do my best to help out any way that I could, but untill there is commitment with racetracks I will still feel this way.

This series is closer to becoming a reality than you think.Jacksonville in limbo?????...Did I go somewhere??:D.I didn't start this thread.So there is more than one track interested in you're opinions.

fotojeff 11/9/08 3:22 PM

How about LaSalle or even up North to Freeport?

illiNOISE 11/9/08 4:01 PM

How about a date at the new New Berlin, IL track that's supposed to open next year?

Come to think of it, has anyone heard much on this track lately?

SpfldMile 11/9/08 4:58 PM

I'll be surprised if it is ever more than a practice track. To me it doesn't look like there is enough room there for pits, stands, etc.

live4racing 11/11/08 9:53 AM

Would the 2nd week of June interfere w/ anything?

RR>LR=LTO 11/11/08 10:25 AM

Make it Thursday Friday Saturday and keep the tracks tight in driving distance. Since you will run without wings, make the first show close to Missouri and bring it back toward Indiana. The reasoning behind this: most of your cars will come from Indiana. Add a Wednesday show at your own risk. Labor Day weekend would be perfect. UASC has a race then, but you don't want a UASC sanction anyway. MSCS is perfect. Also, bring your own rules; tire,safety, and penalty. And YOUR flagman. Jacksonville was a nightmare last time. Don't get over zealous. Start small this year, and build. Without USAC it could become bigger than Indiana's Sprint week if you can get the purse. Racers and teams don't want to race everyday. BUT three or four races, in close proximity, with a big purse that pays well deep into the field will draw tons of cars and car owners. The only downside:::Illinois speed limits!!!
One more thing, Advertise and Promote. Get flyers ready to pass out at the Chili Bowl. The first thing the racing community will do is check and see what it pays to win and what second through fifth pays. Then they will check what it pays to start. Make it ALLLL good. $2500 to win each night. $250 to start. $2000 for second. $750 for fifth? $12,000 purse? Raise $36,000 dollars and get back to me.

flyer 11/11/08 6:07 PM

Originally Posted by live4racing:
Would the 2nd week of June interfere w/ anything?

If the schedules remain similar to last year, the second week in June would work.
Flora, Red Hill, Jacksonville, Lincoln, Farmer City, Fairbury.

kylecumminsfan 11/11/08 6:22 PM

this would be awesome!!!! :checkered: