IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Champaign co. Fair war non-wing race: Calling all drivers! (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=99947)

Babbfan 7/21/17 11:08 AM

Re: Champaign co. Fair war non-wing race: Calling all driver

This is from the "WAR at Belle Clair" post from CShuman

"The WAR East Sprints will be at the Champaign Co. Fairgrounds this Friday July 21st. This show will be $2,000 to win, $200 to start and will be taped for the MAVTV "Dirty 30" show. Then Saturday the 22nd they will be at Spoon River Speedway for another $2,000 to win show. Still looking for an opportunity to get back to Belleville."

Hope to see an awesome group of cars, also another new track for me! Always cool to see a new venue.

ISF 7/21/17 11:57 AM

Thanks Babbfan.

As was mentioned earlier, we're hoping this show will entice some of the Indiana non wingers to venture over into the Land O' Lincoln & crooked politicians with the hopes of picking off a couple of thousand.

Babbfan 7/21/17 12:10 PM

I hope so too! Haven't been able to get over to Indiana as much as I'd like, so here's hoping they come to us!

hoosier sprinter 7/21/17 12:15 PM

Anybody know start time and which other classes are running? Coolers? Ticket price? Thanks.

victory_rising99 7/21/17 12:24 PM

It says hot laps slated for 6.
Only other class is d2 midgets.
We were told $5 to get into the fair which includes parking and $10 to get into the race

sprintcarjim 7/21/17 3:01 PM

Just called the track, "no coolers. Can bring in bottled water, but no coolers or cans, or bottles.

ISF 7/21/17 3:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprintcarjim (Post 478440)
Just called the track, "no coolers. Can bring in bottled water, but no coolers or cans, or bottles.

Thanks Jim.

Simon_says17 7/21/17 3:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprintcarjim (Post 478440)

That would've been my guess. Seems like the whole bringing your cooler into the race is more of an Indiana thing. Lucky ducks. At DuQuoin last year I took my backpack cooler into the infield for the champ car race (which I felt pretty awkward about since the pits were in the infield) but I wasn't the only one knocking them back so.

billyb 7/21/17 5:55 PM

Know how Sprint Cars is there

oppweld 7/21/17 7:18 PM

26 Grant, Windom, Simon, Coons