IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   bill gardner up date (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=79094)

on_the_edge 7/28/14 1:12 PM

RIP Bill...

Charles Nungester 7/28/14 1:12 PM

Re: bill gardner up date

I've known for a few years he was beyond curing, in fact he told us so, several times. But Bill battled as long as he could, Hung on for family and friends and even continued to contribute whenever and wherever he could to the racing community.

My deepest thoughts and prayers to Bills Family and friends and I ask GOD's blessing come over them and he be given a house in the Kingdom of Heaven. He touched so many and a example of how to deal with adversity, you'd never find a better one.

Im sure God's got a new Angel and for Bill there will be no more suffering. It is US who suffer of his loss.

TYVM BILL, I only met you a couple times But Thank you for the conversation, fun and friendships you've helped create with this site, Thank you for being a friend to racing.

DAD 7/28/14 1:14 PM

R.I.P. Bill.

You built a great asset for open wheel racers all over the world. I am sure that the Indiana Open Wheel will continue to be your legacy for us who love open wheel racing as much as you did.

Although our only encounters were through your PM's sent to me letting me know when I had stepped out of bounds a tad I could tell through them that you were indeed a class act and that you cared a great deal about the IOW and your many friends on the web site.

My prayers are for your loved ones and family you have left behind, may you find peace and comfort.

Bill Jones

dirt in ur beer 7/28/14 1:14 PM

Rest in peace Bill. My prayers to the family.

WRP 7/28/14 1:18 PM

RIP Bill.

jjsprt92 7/28/14 1:21 PM

RIP Bill

dirt_trackgurl006 7/28/14 1:22 PM

Wow..this was not what I or anyone else wanted to hear this morning..My thoughts and prayers go out to Bills family and friends. Bill seemed like a nice man. I never had the chance to actuay meet him in person, however i have gotten to talk to him online. (Even though its not the same) Bill will be greatly missed by family, friends and all of us here on IOW!!
RIP BILL
Kasi

FishBurger 7/28/14 1:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Burton (Post 385745)
We've lost a good man, a super race fan and a quality human being who showed us how to fight against the odds.

But we can take comfort somewhat in knowing that his suffering is over. We pray that he's in a better place, maybe even doing some bench racing with those who have gone before him.

Our prayers are directed toward Bill's wife and the rest of his family. May they find comfort in their sorrow.

Brian Hayden, often I stop by and say hello, but didn't on Saturday before the rains came. Maybe I was afraid of what you would tell me. You, sir, was what a good friend should be for Bill.

Godspeed, Bill. What a friend you have been. What an inspiration you will be for those of us still here.

Danny Burton

I couldn't say what I feel any better than what my friend Danny has written above. I met Bill for the first time at Eldora a number of years ago. He had wrenched a great car that day and Brian was driving the wheels off the 2H and led much of the feature. Enjoyed several get togethers with him since though they were too brief and far too few. He has been an inspiration to me and one of the best friends I've had in racing. I'm glad I had an opportunity to tell him that. R.I.P. Racer......I can't be too far behind. Save me a seat when you hear I'm coming. :22:

ronmil 7/28/14 1:30 PM

Even though we all knew this outcome was inevitable, it doesn't make it any easier when the moment finally arrives. We are all in Bill's debt for all that he has done to bring racers and fans together. I will long remember him. Thoughts and prayers to the family. RIP, Bill!

chadmrl 7/28/14 1:34 PM

http://ih3.redbubble.net/image.13648...0,white.u3.jpg

RIP Bill. You will be missed by many!!!

davidm 7/28/14 1:35 PM

Very sad to hear that he has passed, but know the pain is over for Bill now. I have to thank Danny for the intro to Bill at Lincoln Park a couple years ago. It was nice to get to meet and chat will Bill that day. My thoughts are with his family now.

PJ Wright 7/28/14 1:35 PM

Man this hurts. RIP Bill. Our prayers are with your family and friends.

racinstacie 7/28/14 1:35 PM

Makes me very sad to hear this. Glad I got to know this great man! RACE in peace! (got that from Shawn Buckley's FB page & thought it was very appropriate) God Speed Bill! Cancer Sucks!!

:13: :918:

D.O. 7/28/14 1:36 PM

A very sad day for all. Prayers for Bill and all his family. Bill kept up the fight knowing what was coming. He was a brave great man who loved his racing. His pain has stopped now and may he rest in peace.
Dan O. Laycock and family

Stephen Cording 7/28/14 1:39 PM

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family of Bill Gardner. We always have and always will wear our IOW Tees with pride. It was a pleasure to meet you at Lincoln Park Speedway last year. Godspeed. Stephen and Ailsa.

sprntr 7/28/14 1:40 PM

Geh mit Gott Freund.

steiny
:32:

Pat O'Connor Fan 7/28/14 1:41 PM

Godspeed, Mr. Gardner :22:

bighd0522 7/28/14 1:45 PM

R.I.P Bill

Joe@ScaleSprints 7/28/14 1:46 PM

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps80c94a3e.png

Anyone who wants to use this image is more than welcome to for any reason. I guess i grieve in a little different way than others do. Just a small way for me to show how much I have loved this board over the passed many years. RIP Bill

BrianBSU23 7/28/14 1:51 PM

The staff of the Montpelier Motor Speedway would like to send their prayers and thoughts to Bill's family and friends.

Bill's work and passion with this board and racing fans has undoubtedly had a profound postitive effect on our local tracks and races and the success of Indiana racing.

triplexxx 7/28/14 1:57 PM

Well it is a very sad day for all of us. Bill was a great man that loved racing and all the people involved with this sport. Bill will be missed greatly. Bill has reached the finish line. Bill will always be with us at every race we run from here till the end.He has done so much for this sport and we can't thank him enough. Bill till we meet up again I say thank you for everything that you have done for me I will always applaud you.RIP Bill Gardner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Brian Cripe

i love dirt track racing 7/28/14 1:57 PM

Rip bill. Thanks for all the great things that you have done for us race fans.

chathamracefan 7/28/14 2:00 PM

RIP Bill.. Never met him, but this board has increased my interest in open wheel racing & drew me to my first 2 Sprint Week races this year.

jim goerge 7/28/14 2:03 PM

The entire MSCS family sends our deepest sympathy to the Gardner family R I P Bill

Nut'n but Dirt 7/28/14 2:07 PM

So sorry to hear of Bill's passing this morning. The only good thing is he is out of his pain. Prayers to his family in this very sad time. Steve and Carla Phillips

iieInc 7/28/14 2:08 PM

RIP Bill.... God Speed

stp6237 7/28/14 2:08 PM

So sad to hear of Bill Gardner's passing. I never had the chance to meet him, but I feel I knew him from this message board. To his family and many friends please accept my deepest condolences. Bill will be missed, but he will never be forgotten as long as IOW exists. Bill thank you for for what you did for open wheel racing, especially for us back East, you kept us up to date on what was going on in the Mid-West. R.I.P Bill and Godspeed
Steve Peters

Mud Packer 7/28/14 2:12 PM

Having just read this, I am numb right now. We all knew the odds were against him but he continued to fight on despite the pain and suffering. That part is over now. Racing doesn't seem very important to me at the moment. We lost a large part of us today.

Bill was a great inspiration to a lot of us. When my grandson Andrew was diagnosed with a brain tumor and the report came back it was the Big C, Bill was one of the first people to send encouragement and comfort. With all of the issues he had, he still took the time to respond to a total stranger about someone he didn't even know. That is what made him special in my mind.

Bill was a champion in life that so many of us looked up to. He knew his fate but didn't complain about it. He loved his racing and whenever I did get to see him (it wasn't often enough either) he was focused on racing and was looking forward to another night at the track. You knew it wasn't good when he stopped coming.

He will always be with us even though he no longer resides here on earth. His IOW creation has brought so many people together and made them friends. People we all saw at the race track but just never were introduced to each other. Bill through IOW made that introduction. I can't even imagine a day that goes by that I don't look at the board. It has become part of my life and continues to be THE racing place.

To Mrs. G and entire Gardner family I pass along my deepest sympathy. You lost a great man who has impacted so many people that you probably will never know. The good Lord already had his seat reserved when he arrived. RIP champ.:13:

jim goerge 7/28/14 2:14 PM

The entire MSCS family sends our deepest sympathy to the Gardner family R I P Bill

Fox.53 7/28/14 2:17 PM

RIP Bill

reeserx 7/28/14 2:17 PM

RIP bill. I never got the opportunity to meet him but he seemed like a great guy. Thoughts and prayers are with his family during this difficult time

MC@Performance Fab 7/28/14 2:20 PM

Sorry to hear this news, never met the man but have to say his website is the BEST.

Monte Crawford

apexonephoto 7/28/14 2:21 PM

I only had the chance to cross paths with Bill twice. Very nice guy who made a complete stranger feel right at home. My thoughts are with his friends and family.

SpfldMile 7/28/14 2:21 PM

RIP Bill, you left the world better than you found it, thanks.

Brenda 7/28/14 2:25 PM

RIP Bill. Our prayers are with his family and friends. This world is a better place because of Bill. We will miss you!

Chaplain Dave and Brenda Cochran

Al Pierce 7/28/14 2:26 PM

Rest in peace Bill. Condolences to the family.

riskybrisky5 7/28/14 2:27 PM

RIP Bill you will be missed!!! Thoughts and prayers for family and friends.

c47 7/28/14 2:31 PM

RIP Bill.
Thank you for providing a place for me to hide from winged cars and modifieds........

SCOTT M 7/28/14 2:33 PM

God speed Bill
Praying for family & friends

hossholliday15 7/28/14 2:40 PM

Rest in peace Bill.