IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   UMRA Thursday at greensburg (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=78606)

TQ29m 7/11/14 2:03 PM

Re: UMRA Thursday at greensburg

Quote:

Originally Posted by AFR37X (Post 383180)
Is (a lot) 2 or 10? I don't remember it like that. I never put anyone on there head. Only bent 1 axle for Jim in the 5 years I race for him. Rushville it was Jason Willis not goff car. 15 cars lastnight when I race Rushville in 2000 there 61 in the pits. Tq's need 1 club again to make it. That's my take. I thought after being outta the seat for 12 years it be different, guess not.

OK, you had your 2 cents worth, I'll add mine, and it may or may not be accepted by anyone but me, but I'm going to add it anyway. You are right, it was Jason Willis, and I didn't agree with the call, you guys were just doin some close racin on a small track, and from where I was, seemed like the opinion was about split. Things get really close, when there isn't much of a track to race on, so some contact is to be expected, the group I was standing with thought the call was bad. So much for that, here's another one that will have a lot of heat, I think the best thing that has happened to TQ racing in the time since the car counts of as high as 66, is the fact that we now have a choice of where we want to race, I watched kart racing over the years, have it's ups and downs, and it was always down when there were too many racers, and not enough places to race, it doesn't take long for the romance to end, when you are sending over 60% of the car count home, week after week, with no sign of the mix changing much, barring the economy, we have it now, as good as it's ever been, as far as I am concerned, if we'd show up at a track with 5 other divisions there, and 80% of the fans there to watch something else, it'd be the same thing all over again, no place to race, not because of the quality, just too many cars for the track to absorb! Lets try to keep what we got, we can go with 3 different organizations now, and still put, most of the time, at least 24 cars in the pits, that's what it takes to make these cars grow again, not trying to run them all together. That's my 2 cents worth, and it's what I truly believe, no BS or fancy footwork, just the facts! Bob

DAD 7/11/14 3:48 PM

Re: UMRA Thursday at greensburg

Bob

With the three clubs you have now if you can get a car count of 15 to 20 cars you can give the fans a pretty good race. The only thing 66 cars is good for is to let the promoter know that he isn't going to go in the hole putting on a race. That is called racing with back gate money. Those 30 or so who never make it to a main are soon going to loose interest and quit. A 25 car field sounds great to me like old Chris E. would say let them all start. Why not make the race 5 laps longer and pay passing bucks instead of passing points, like $10.00 or $15.00 bucks a car + the position pay. Drop the payoff down all the way back and let them race for their money. Offer to let the hot dogs start on the tail if they wish and in our case race for $200.00 to win + passing bucks. If you started 20th spot passed 19 cars the pay out would be $200.00 for first + $284.00 in passing bucks or a grand total of $484.00 to win. Conversely if you moved back there would be a deduct. Here is where we need one of them math majors. But it would make a better race, and the fights afterwards would be epic!:D

"COMPETITION" is the best thing we have going for us. Be it hamburger joints, race drivers, race cars, engine builders or for that matter even Racing Organizations. Competition makes us all better at what we do, without it we are all doomed to an existence of mediocrity. The weak will fall back and the strong will move ahead.

Honest Dad himself:6::6: