IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Channell 13 news at six Miranda (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=72589)

mowerman 10/1/13 10:58 AM

Re: Channell 13 news at six Miranda

Quote:

Originally Posted by SprintLuvr (Post 353803)
Everyone is all over Miranda about Boycotting her sponsors, why hasn't anybody said anything about boycotting Dean Mill's videos? He said very similar things on his facebook page and was even more ignorant about the situation, as he didn't even know the circumstances of Officer Bradway's death. At least Miranda has apologized for her tweets.

I would expect something from DQ .:7:

Millsvideo 10/1/13 11:47 AM

All you people really need to get real lives and stop living vicariously through the actions of others on the Internet. I don't read this board anymore, and have to be told of things that go on around here. Facebook and Twitter make a place like this completely irrelevant. Completely.

That said, this forum is a haven for negativity, back biting, and sniveling. So many of you people act like 12 year olds here. You constantly bash people from the shadows, complaining about racers, racetracks, officials and more, incessantly tearing down the sport you love, all the while claiming to love it. You hide behind screen names and say critical, demeaning things you would never dare say to someone's face. It's so pathetic.

Miranda was thrown to the wolves over an opinion that many local residents shared in the wake of last week's shooting tragedy. Not everyone agreed, but some did. And the bulk of you are speaking about things you know nothing about, not living in the area. But you judge others anyway. It showcased one of our biggest problems in this country. Intolerance of a differing opinion. That Miranda, a 21 year old girl, who is a nice person, was subjected to threats because she voiced her opinion on her Twitter account is deplorable. The actions of this forum in response were disgusting. She was advised by an attorney to shut down her Facebook and her Twitter in the wake of all the hatred she was subjected to. And for what? Because she thought traffic could be handled better?

I love this sport as much as anyone, but sometimes the people in it can be such begrudging, hateful ignoramuses. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Say what you will.

"Judge not lest ye be judged yourself" - JH

DM

monkeyboy 10/1/13 12:01 PM

Post of the year dean mills.

PJ Wright 10/1/13 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Millsvideo (Post 353814)
All you people really need to get real lives and stop living vicariously through the actions of others on the Internet. I don't read this board anymore, and have to be told of things that go on around here. Facebook and Twitter make a place like this completely irrelevant. Completely.

That said, this forum is a haven for negativity, back biting, and sniveling. So many of you people act like 12 year olds here. You constantly bash people from the shadows, complaining about racers, racetracks, officials and more, incessantly tearing down the sport you love, all the while claiming to love it. You hide behind screen names and say critical, demeaning things you would never dare say to someone's face. It's so pathetic.

Miranda was thrown to the wolves over an opinion that many local residents shared in the wake of last week's shooting tragedy. Not everyone agreed, but some did. And the bulk of you are speaking about things you know nothing about, not living in the area. But you judge others anyway. It showcased one of our biggest problems in this country. Intolerance of a differing opinion. That Miranda, a 21 year old girl, who is a nice person, was subjected to threats because she voiced her opinion on her Twitter account is deplorable. The actions of this forum in response were disgusting. She was advised by an attorney to shut down her Facebook and her Twitter in the wake of all the hatred she was subjected to. And for what? Because she thought traffic could be handled better?

I love this sport as much as anyone, but sometimes the people in it can be such begrudging, hateful ignoramuses. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Say what you will.

"Judge not lest ye be judged yourself" - JH

DM

Who couldn't see that coming? Vintage Mills. :26:

racefan20 10/1/13 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Millsvideo (Post 353814)

Then why are you posting here Dean? BTW, congrats on your engagement.

Charles Nungester 10/1/13 4:58 PM

:44:

TeamCGR 10/1/13 5:29 PM

Wow, checked in today to see how everyone's doing and BOOM, Sh-t has hit the fan! I promise: Coleman had nothing to do with this:D... Tough deal for everyone. Sometimes things just happen that we all wish we could take back.

I hope all are well.... pg

PJ Wright 10/1/13 6:59 PM

To those that "liked" Dean Mills' post, I have a question. Early on in his rant he stated that this site, IOW, is "completely irrelevant". I would expect that from him, but if you agree why do you still visit and post? I sure wouldn't waste my time on a site that I felt that way about, so what am I missing? Monkeyboy, Spicoli, Jjones752, Don Short, anybody, please help me understand why you consider IOW "completely irrelevant"?
Just to be clear, I'm not trying to be a smarta$$, I'm just confused.

OnTheHammer 10/2/13 8:20 AM

This site is better off WITHOUT Dean Mills.

Dean is "completely irrelevant. Completely."

KRJoyce1 10/2/13 11:26 AM

PJ, Hope this will help clear up some of your confusion.

As an Advertiser on this board I do not consider it to be "completely irrevelent". HOWEVER, This quote from Dean was spot on.

"That said, this forum is a haven for negativity, back biting, and sniveling. So many of you people act like 12 year olds here. You constantly bash people from the shadows, complaining about racers, racetracks, officials and more, incessantly tearing down the sport you love, all the while claiming to love it. You hide behind screen names and say critical, demeaning things you would never dare say to someone's face. It's so pathetic".

I feel it has hurt this board and kept some of the profesionals of this sport who use and view this board (and don't stand behind a screen name) from posting what could be useful and helpful information to Drivers and Teams because you can damn well be sure that someone who does not have a dog in that particular fight will post some negative opion or something completely off topic just because they can and it all goes the wrong direction from there.

I enjoy this board and have since 2007. Just hate to see most of the topics turned into a pissing match for no reason.

If Bill posted a pole, I would guess that over 90% of the members would agree with that portion of Deans quote. THAT is why "I liked" Deans Post. I hope that anyone that agrees with me will like THIS post.