IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Racing in Indiana (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=69875)

VSneader2 6/21/13 6:31 AM

Re: Racing in Indiana

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike (Post 337447)
The problem with Butler is the show always seems to run late.

It has been like that for years. I remember going in the 80's as a kid and not getting out till around 1am. Grew up going to that track. First dirt track I ever went to.

tntbusco 6/21/13 6:43 AM

Last time we raced there got home at ten till four. (we do have 1-1 1/2 hour drive) and we stopped and got fuel. But still?? Guess my son is going back this week so we will see

Posted via Mobile Device

Mud Packer 6/21/13 8:49 AM

The last time I was at Butler many years ago they ran both winged sprints & late models. Do they still run them both? That night the track looked like asphalt from top to bottom after hot laps. The biggest thing I remember is there is a house fairly close to the track and they had built a treehouse so the residents there could climb up and watch the races.

Stevensville Mike 6/21/13 9:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mud Packer (Post 337471)
The last time I was at Butler many years ago they ran both winged sprints & late models. Do they still run them both? That night the track looked like asphalt from top to bottom after hot laps. The biggest thing I remember is there is a house fairly close to the track and they had built a treehouse so the residents there could climb up and watch the races.

No more Late Models. Sprints, UMP Mods, and a couple of classes of Stocks is what they have had the past 2-3 years.

I have to say, the past few years they have had good crowds in the stands, but that is mainly due to no one else up here running dirt sprints anymore on a weekly basis and a huge modified field. Hartford took up the flag to run Late Models and dropped the Sprints for the past few years, but that didn't work too well. That plus the owner's health issues and eventually passing.

I haven't been to Butler this year due to other events and rainouts, but from what I understand, they have an entire new track crew now. Perhaps they will run more efficiently?

And yes, the tree house is still there, but I haven't seen anyone in it in a few years.

VSneader2 6/21/13 12:06 PM

do you remember what they used to put on the track before they had to start using water? I remember back in the 80's the track was always black to begin the night. where they using calcium chloride?

duel 6/21/13 12:13 PM

Butler over I-96? not with usac and modifieds running the half. street stocks on the 3/8 and a live band after the races. I live 20 minutes from butler and rarely go there. I'm hoping usac gets 20 or so with some mts guys up here. Its a rare treat to see usac on the I-96 half.

thebus79h 6/21/13 7:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VSneader2 (Post 337486)
do you remember what they used to put on the track before they had to start using water? I remember back in the 80's the track was always black to begin the night. where they using calcium chloride?

They used oil back then. Made a mess on everything from what I was told.

jim goerge 6/21/13 9:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mud Packer (Post 337471)

Wife and I lived in Ann Arbor while takeing care of her mom and get one of her brothers to watch her while we went to Butler That tree house was first thing that caught my eye when we walked in the track lol Was thinking about that tree house the other day if it was still there:3:

Stevensville Mike 6/23/13 4:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim goerge (Post 337566)
Wife and I lived in Ann Arbor while takeing care of her mom and get one of her brothers to watch her while we went to Butler That tree house was first thing that caught my eye when we walked in the track lol Was thinking about that tree house the other day if it was still there:3:

There were at least three in the tree(house) last night. So, it is still in effect!

The Sprint Car A Main ended at 1:25 a.m. last night. They still had a Street Stock Feature to run after that.

sc17x 6/23/13 4:36 PM

Oiled dirt

Posted via Mobile Device