IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Woo car count bloomington (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=61707)

treecitytornado 8/3/12 6:57 PM

Yes 800 to start.

Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 6:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:41 PM ----------

Brad Greer #3b. 22 cars now.

Posted via Mobile Device

BrentTFunk 8/3/12 7:03 PM

Re: Woo car count bloomington

Not a great car count, but pretty good quality. Not many people can afford to run full time. Looks like they brought about 10 cars. I would not have expected much more. Did not expect too many locals due to expenses.

HurstBros0 8/3/12 7:23 PM

It would cost more than 800 to switch your equipment over... Tires , wings, shorter front axle, shocks, etc. It used to be show up and run. I am sure I will be told I`m wrong , but doesn`t the WOO have some sort of entry fee/ T.P. type fee that will discourage some. Besides who wants to spend a 1000 just to tag the tail?

treecitytornado 8/3/12 7:35 PM

Yes, buying all those Goodyears alone would be expensive!

Posted via Mobile Device

Vukie 8/3/12 7:49 PM

Only 16 cars at Eagle.

hoosierhillbilly 8/3/12 8:07 PM

I would guess blaney, Shaffer, and the few other allstars are in the plains waiting on their next event

Posted via Mobile Device

Bradleyracing86 8/3/12 8:31 PM

Surprised Briscoe isn't here. Show up and start for 800 isn't bad. You could get used good years.

Posted via Mobile Device

Sprintfan1985 8/3/12 8:54 PM

Non wing is more entertaining to watch most of the time and it costs a lot to switch everything over so most guys wont do it. The Kokomo Outlaws show was not very entertaining and was follow the leader most the time. I am suprised there were 21 cars with the knoxville nationals going on. Hopefully it will be more entertaining than kokomo's outlaw show. Non wing is where its at : )

HurstBros0 8/3/12 9:05 PM

"You could get used good years."

Sure you could... Steve and Randy will give you a truck load of Smoke`s good used tires . You can dig the old wings out of the shed and clean out the mouse nest`s. Change out the front axle to one of uncle Carl`s 5m 50 inch ultra lights. Find the best old Pro shocks in the milk crate under the bench. Swap torsion bars, tighten the valve lash up and bump the timing up a couple of degrees. Wrap some rags around the wing slider Scotty gave you because a rock had knocked off the hose fitting. Put some O-rings in the slider valve that you still have borrowed from Bush the monument man a couple of years ago at Lawrenceburg. After all that you still realize you`re gonna take a mule to the Kentucky derby. A man can only take so many blows to the ego in a years time... :47:

Dannypollock24 8/3/12 9:16 PM

Dash Finish: Saldana, Darrah, Sides, Swindell, Schatz, Wilson, Wolfe, Kraig Kinser, Logan Schuchart, Madsen.

Danny 24