IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Paragon Speedway Johnson Memorial Updates (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=52311)

Chris Nunn 8/27/11 11:12 PM

After a painfully long pure stock feature, the sprint feature is on the track with mattox and aric gentry on the front row. Kenens and riggs make up row two. Deckard and edwards in row 4
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Casey riggs just spun while going for the lead before one lap is complete.
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Kevin thomas jr was just punted off of turn four. Yellow is out on lap 6

RUNNING ORDER
M. Cunningham
Mattox
A. Gentry
Edwards
Cone
Vennard
Kenens
Deckard
J. Cunningham
Mcintosh
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

Here comes hud cone. Up to third
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

Track is starting to lock down in the middle
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

Yellow for deckard who looped it in turn three. Almost to halfway

RUNNING ORDER
J. Cunningham
Gentry
Vennard
Cone
Edwards
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Vennard to second! Cunningham looks too strong in the rubber

Caution for jim dugan who stopped on the backstretch 17laps in

RUNNING ORDER
J. Cunningham
Vennard
Gentry
Cone
Cummings
Edwards
Mattox
M. Cunningham
Mcintosh
Riggs
Posted via Mobile Device

#1Brad Kuhn Fan 8/27/11 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Nunn (Post 250120)
After a painfully long pure stock feature, the sprint feature is on the track with mattox and aric gentry on the front row. Kenens and riggs make up row two. Deckard and edwards in row 4
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Casey riggs just spun while going for the lead before one lap is complete.
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Kevin thomas jr was just punted off of turn four. Yellow is out on lap 6

RUNNING ORDER
M. Cunningham
Mattox
A. Gentry
Edwards
Cone
Vennard
Kenens
Deckard
J. Cunningham
Mcintosh
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

Here comes hud cone. Up to third
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

Track is starting to lock down in the middle
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

Yellow for deckard who looped it in turn three. Almost to halfway

RUNNING ORDER
J. Cunningham
Gentry
Vennard
Cone
Edwards
Posted via Mobile Device

what car is vennard in?
Posted via Mobile Device

Chris Nunn 8/27/11 11:43 PM

Cunningham and vennard side by side for the lead for a second before cunningham shut the door on him in turn one

Yellow is out on lap 21 botts is on top of deckard in turn three

RUNNING ORDER
J. Cunningham
Vennard
Gentry
Cone
Edwards
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Vennard is in a tan looking number 57
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Yellow on the restart as gentry just stops in front of the field and collects Riggs
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

Aaaaaand caution number seven is out on the same restart as jake scott and rick vaughn tangle in turn three
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

Well they got a few laps in. Then caution number 9 flew for botts in turn one.

RUNNING ORDER LAP 26
J. Cunningham
Vennard
Cone
Edwards
Mattox
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

If anyone ever says modifieds or stocks bring out yellows again... We have caution number TEN! as ryan tusing stops in turn one. Still on lap 26
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

Yellow number 11 is out now. Still on lap 26. Jake scott ran over the cone
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

FINISH CARS ON TRACK
J. Cunningham
Vennard
Cone
Edwards
Cummings
Mattox
M. Cunningham
A. Gentry
Mcintosh
Chambers
Tusing
Scott
J. Johnson
Posted via Mobile Device

Beinthecircle 8/28/11 12:03 AM

Where is Adam Beliles?
Posted via Mobile Device

beliles66 8/28/11 1:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beinthecircle (Post 250146)
Where is Adam Beliles?
Posted via Mobile Device

He pulled off due to his throttle hanging
Posted via Mobile Device

j_vennard54 8/28/11 3:06 AM

Re: Paragon Speedway Johnson Memorial Updates

Fun fun night.. Want to thank Brian Robinson for letting me jump in his 57 car and go have a good time and run well tonight. We weren't too hot in the heat race, but we dialed that thing in.. took off in the B-main, and same in the feature.. started 16th.. lap 5 caution we were 6th, then just started the assault to the front.. once we moved to second tried to time a move on Josh.. but showed my hand too early and he moved down to protect, wisely, and didn't make another mistake from there on.. Congrats to the Cunningham's.. would have been awesome to win the Mike Johnson race and have that trophy - for the record I've ran second in this race 3 times.. twice to Cunninghams.. 1999 - Buddy and I banged wheels on the white flag lap as he emerged victorious.. tonight, once Josh moved down, I didn't have anything for him.. well done sir, well done..

:32:

jeffnanny 8/28/11 9:46 AM

You guys made it a good show for sure. Like you said Jonathan you just flopped your cards a little early and Josh picked up on that right away. Thats cool hearing you battled it up with my uncle too. That race had slipped my mind. Good hearing those things and at the end of the night seein everyone come together to shake hands and so on. Congrats on win and the championship Josh and as anyone you had your ups and downs but was able to stay consistant and hammer down.

treecitytornado 8/28/11 11:34 AM

Good job Jonathon! BTW, he spells it Bryan. Bryan has helped me alot, when we ran together, and still does even though I've been driving for someone else the last couple of years. Good Luck at Farmer City!
Posted via Mobile Device

Jerry Shaw 8/28/11 12:03 PM

For a while, it looked like Aric Gentry (who has been driving the wheels off of it lately) was going to be Josh's most serious threat. That was a nice, aggressive move Vennard put on him the grab second away. And JV had a couple of good restart shots at Josh, but once he would get away, he was gone. If he hadn't gotten caught up in some others cars' tangle, those guys might have had some company from Riggs, because he was just tearing his way through the field from the tail, after his spin early. And then Hud looked like he might have been headed to the front, about half way through he race, till he got to Vennard. He just didn't have anything for him. And nobody really had all that much for Josh, but when he's really on at that place, it doesn't really matter who is there. He's hard to beat at Paragon. All in all, that was a fun race to watch last night and a real good night at the track. There we several yellows at the end, for cars further back in the field and that slowed things up a little. I talked to Keith for a minute as I was leaving and he was frustrated about the yellows. But there were 49 sprint cars in the pits, a huge crowd and a real good night of racing across all the classes, so they had to be happy ending the season with a successful show, like that.

Jerry