IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Amsa and mmsa (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=52109)

suzuki756 8/22/11 9:38 PM

Re: Amsa and mmsa merging to form the america

it could work 6 races 3 on amsa track 3 mmsa. be nice 1 with no wing

Phylo82 8/22/11 9:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry jones (Post 249353)
who ever posted this had better have their head checked, do you think Bill May will give up mmsa. not on your life. to bad he won't go over and work with the amsa. think of the great car count 1 association would have, but, what association would it be? the amsa has been around for years. and everyone and the promoters all know that name. mmsa has been around just a few years. and beginning to make a name for itself. wonder why none of the mmsa guys don't race with the amsa when they don't have a race. Mr Tague don't mind his members racing with mmsa when he don't have a race. but there has to be a reason for that. (maybe they was told not to run with amsa) just my say so, will get alot of flunk about that statement

Harry, just because you have been around for years doesn't mean you are any better than the guy who just set up shop.

We have run with Bill and the MMSA and he does a great job. I can tell you right now that next season there is a strong likelihood we will run wherever we decide we want to run no matter who is running the show.

I agree with what others have posted....let the MMSA have their Indiana tracks, the AMSA L-Burg and other misc Ohio tracks, but then have the two organizations run some joint races at locations that could be agreed to. It would be awesome to see some events that had 30+ cars.

Would also like to see Twin Cities back on the schedule. That would be a great venue for a joint event, as would L-Burg, Brownstown and Waynesfield.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by minispeed (Post 249317)
How nice would that be.....40 plus cars at every track. Means bigger purse, more tracks. We would have the upper hand. I am asking bill and jerry to think about it....please for the drivers and the sport.:6:

By the way...excellent job of stirring things up! :8::32:

Bradleyracing86 8/22/11 10:07 PM

Haha comedy at it's best..!! How bout the MMSA gets a corporate sponsor and absorbs the AMSA tracks.. I don't mind Ohio if it's on a Saturday and Sunday.. Bill is a great promoter and works for the racer.. (Boom goes the dynamite)
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

And how about a 50:50 wing / non wing schedule..
Posted via Mobile Device

George Pollock 8/22/11 10:08 PM

I am a serious racer and been racing all my audult life.
AMSA was my primary sanctioning group for two years.
I got fustrated by non sense rules, the click and ******** that wore me out.
I do not race AMSA events unless they are at Waynesfield.
That is now my home track even though I live and travel from Virginia.
Race with MMSA and have never had any problems and sound rules that are fair.
I wish MMSA ran more races in Ohio such as Moler, Raceway 35, KC and even L' Berg.
Bill May your are doing a great job, keep the ******** out and rules simple you will keep growing car counts.

My thoughts as a true racer.

George Pollock

DAD 8/22/11 10:11 PM

MMSA is having a 2 day show on Oct 7-8 for the Fun-Fest at Brownstown. I never had much "fun" at the burg fun-fest because of pit problems and problems even getting to the race track on time. Last year we all pitted together in the back of the pits and had a really good time. If you have never raced there it is one of the better tracks for mini-sprints wide smooth and not too big or not too small and real side by side racey.

Phylo82 8/22/11 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAD (Post 249369)
MMSA is having a 2 day show on Oct 7-8 for the Fun-Fest at Brownstown. I never had much "fun" at the burg fun-fest because of pit problems and problems even getting to the race track on time. Last year we all pitted together in the back of the pits and had a really good time. If you have never raced there it is one of the better tracks for mini-sprints wide smooth and not too big or not too small and real side by side racey.

We have considered running Fun-Fests....my only concern is exactly what you said, how much fun are they? I have concerns about putting my car/driver on the track with other guys who may be behind the wheel for the first time.

Not really interested in tearing up a car for 'fun'. :18:

somebodysmam 8/22/11 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAD (Post 249355)
They seem to have two different outlook,s on racing that makes in nice for those of us that don't agree with one or the other. If I did not have a choice a few years ago I would probably be sitting at home on the week-ends and saving lots of money.
How about changing the rules to make drive shafts optional and getting some of the older mini-sprints to run with us?

DAD

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Hell Harry we don't have the horsepower to run with those guy's, we run stock 1000cc motors. They (JT)didn't make me feel too welcome at the Tulsa race. Spent the whole week and not even a Hi pitted right next to him. Still got that old nerf bar too.

do you still run that old nerf bar according to the rules and does anyone check it.

Bradleyracing86 8/22/11 10:47 PM

Not that many 1st timers are going to obtain a ride just for fun fest. and besides that your driver was a 1st timer at one time:)
Posted via Mobile Device

Phylo82 8/22/11 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradleyracing86 (Post 249378)
Not that many 1st timers are going to obtain a ride just for fun.. and besides that your driver was a 1st timer at one time:)
Posted via Mobile Device

I undrestand that....but he had raced before. And I didn't put him in a car until he had been on the track by himself a couple of times.

I have heard that some teams let other friends / family drive their cars at fun-fest.....I don't want to be anywhere near that.

DAD 8/22/11 11:21 PM

We didn't tear up stuff last year. It's a great time to meet other racers when they aren't out for blood. You have plenty of time to walk around and bull with one another. When we are racing that's all we think about (sure hope this race does not count for perfect attendance awards) that would take some of the fun out of it. If you have a new driver put them next to a guy with experience for help with set up if they want help, put a flag on the car start them on the back and have fun. Remember SEAT TIME SEAT TIME SEAT TIME.

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

I can still remember dodging the Bradley boy's a few years ago now we are trying to keep up with them. .Time makes a difference

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Only at the "Chili Bowl" can you see a first timer running side by side with Sammy Swindell and sometimes surviving.