IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Congrats Trevor Bayne! (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=43466)

apexonephoto 2/20/11 11:30 PM

Re: Congrats Trevor Bayne!

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-Dawg30 (Post 215015)
Trevor actually started in karts...

Sorry I left that out. I was only including what I knew of his career. Not trying to leave out all of the karters out there. I would say a large majority of racers from all different disciplines have started in karts.

I also don't expect this win to be a Michael Waltrip or Cope kind of a 500 win. I would expect to see him around for a few years.

JstAbvVMC 2/21/11 12:15 AM

Trevor Bayne was the only good justification for me wasting a Sunday watching NASCAR. Michael Waltrip dumps Trevor mid season last year due to a lack of “sponsor money”..IE Trevor wasn’t paying for the ride. A week later, suddenly MWR finds money and puts Ryan Truex in that car IE..Truex pays for the ride. Then Jack Roush signs Trevor for the Nationwide deal snagging what he hopes to be a future star. Finnaly a good move by Jack. (Stenhouse was a good pick too) Bad move for MWR, great move for Trevor Bayne and Roush Racing. Wonder what Michael Waltrip is saying to himself now…….Karma :5:

Shawn 2/21/11 11:14 AM

He sure does seem like a great kid. Plus, seeing the Wood Brothers in Victory Lane was awesome.

I've been watching him for a few years. He always qualified well and ran well in the #99 Nationwide car. I thought that he left Waltrip for Roush, but I'm reading on here that it wasn't exactly the case.

He's signed with Roush, so it's he'll do whatever Roush wants him to, I think. Since he's decided to go for Nationwide points, I'm guessing that can't be changed. So, I don't anticipate him running the whole Sprint Cup season. Another thing that I could see happening is Ragan being out and Bayne being in the #6 next year (maybe even before the end of this year).

IndyBound 2/21/11 12:36 PM

Shawn, I hope you aren't right and Ragan Smith doesn't lose his ride in the 6. I am sure he learned a valueable and costly lesson yesterday. And in the land of Nascar racing where they have so much radio contact why didn't his crew chief or spotter warn him not to cut down before the start finish line? If Ragan is gone will they also lose their jobs? Seems to me they should. Ragan and Trevor are both very talented young racers and the future of Nascar, hopefully they will both fit in the cup series some where. At this point I don't even think the Woods brothers know if they could run a full season with Trevor this year if sponsoorship is found for the rest of the 2011 season. They indicated they would be looking into it today and the sports casters indicated Trevor had five race to decide which title to go for. I don't know all of the new rules that apply to picking the series a driver wants to run for the title in. What I do feel is we will see allot of Trevor Bayne in the cup series in 2011, someone will step up with sponsorship money. An I hope a win for Ragan Smith is just around the corner, I have to cheer for that young man also; years ago I kept a sailboat at Cross Lake a small lake in Ragan's hometown of Cato, N. Y.. Have to cheer for the former local racer!!!!

Patti

apexonephoto 2/21/11 1:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn (Post 215055)
He sure does seem like a great kid. Plus, seeing the Wood Brothers in Victory Lane was awesome.

I've been watching him for a few years. He always qualified well and ran well in the #99 Nationwide car. I thought that he left Waltrip for Roush, but I'm reading on here that it wasn't exactly the case.

He's signed with Roush, so it's he'll do whatever Roush wants him to, I think. Since he's decided to go for Nationwide points, I'm guessing that can't be changed. So, I don't anticipate him running the whole Sprint Cup season. Another thing that I could see happening is Ragan being out and Bayne being in the #6 next year (maybe even before the end of this year).

Not that contracts mean anything, David Ragan is signed through 2014 with Roush.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyBound (Post 215063)
Shawn, I hope you aren't right and Ragan Smith doesn't lose his ride in the 6. I am sure he learned a valueable and costly lesson yesterday. And in the land of Nascar racing where they have so much radio contact why didn't his crew chief or spotter warn him not to cut down before the start finish line? If Ragan is gone will they also lose their jobs? Seems to me they should. Ragan and Trevor are both very talented young racers and the future of Nascar, hopefully they will both fit in the cup series some where. At this point I don't even think the Woods brothers know if they could run a full season with Trevor this year if sponsoorship is found for the rest of the 2011 season. They indicated they would be looking into it today and the sports casters indicated Trevor had five race to decide which title to go for. I don't know all of the new rules that apply to picking the series a driver wants to run for the title in. What I do feel is we will see allot of Trevor Bayne in the cup series in 2011, someone will step up with sponsorship money. An I hope a win for Ragan Smith is just around the corner, I have to cheer for that young man also; years ago I kept a sailboat at Cross Lake a small lake in Ragan's hometown of Cato, N. Y.. Have to cheer for the former local racer!!!!

Patti

Patti,

I think you are confusing NY's Regan Smith with Georgia's David Ragan. I think Regan Smith will win, and he already had a debatable Talladega win taken from him. David Ragan whose father Ken raced in cup, wins pro late model races every few years, other then that he seems like a real nice guy. Nice ala Michael Waltrip, Reutimann...

JstAbvVMC 2/21/11 2:33 PM

NASCAR is going to seize the moment trust me, they are not going to loose Trevor to Nationwide. The Wood Borthers are a satallite team for Roush anyway, they run Roush engines and chassis. I see Ford / Roush and NASCAR, by way of sponsor marketing help, getting the money together for a full season with the Wood Brothers and Trevor in Cup.

The only problem I see is where do points go, Nationwide or Cup?? Either way the kid wins and I hope he does well.

JessicaBean 2/21/11 3:01 PM

Trevor's win was proof that anything is possible and dreams do come true.

I congratulate Trevor and the Wood Bros. on their win!! :8:

IndyBound 2/21/11 3:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apexonephoto (Post 215070)
Not that contracts mean anything, David Ragan is signed through 2014 with Roush.

Patti,

I think you are confusing NY's Regan Smith with Georgia's David Ragan. I think Regan Smith will win, and he already had a debatable Talladega win taken from him. David Ragan whose father Ken raced in cup, wins pro late model races every few years, other then that he seems like a real nice guy. Nice ala Michael Waltrip, Reutimann...

Your right I get the two confused all the time! Still cheering for Regan Smith and think David Ragan learned a lesson he'll never forget yesterday.

Patti

petey 2/21/11 6:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JstAbvVMC (Post 215018)
Bad move for MWR, great move for Trevor Bayne and Roush Racing. Wonder what Michael Waltrip is saying to himself now…….Karma :5:

Hey it's Michael Waltrip. He was involved in two of the early cautions before the big one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8CippcqBpI

Awesome job by Bayne. He drove the race like a veteran and several veterans drove like rookies. Trevor made several runs to the front and put himself in a position to win. Reagan Smith put on a great run as well. Good to see some new faces up front that had never won before and a guy like Bobby Labonte who some have forgotten, finish up there as well. And Juan Montoya, that guy can drive. He saved his car twice in a spin and dodged several of those wrecks. I for one really enjoyed the race aside from all of the wrecks. The lead battles were great.

Gregg 2/22/11 7:00 AM

As a Hooters Pro Cup driver he race he ran for the South points but raced as far north as Mansfield.