IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   orp really? (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=34953)

onthegas7j 7/22/10 7:25 PM

Re: orp really?

i am too

IndyBound 7/22/10 7:32 PM

Wish I was at ORP tonight, also hope the live streaming comes back up from ORP.

An if you think getting mud on your shoes is a bad day go on line to Doug's Dirt Diary.com click on Images and check out the tornado damage done to Can Am Speedway near La Fargeville, N. Y. yesterday. It is a safe bet they will not be racing Friday night.

Patti

purvis 7/22/10 8:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EKracing (Post 185246)
So far my experience tonight at orp sucks. I parked by the drag strip sand trap then walked in deep mud to the ticket booth where I paid 22 bucks for general admission. On top of all this I paid 5 bucks to park and then walk through mud! Orp sucks.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have to agree, today is absolutely awful. The sun rose this morning and God blessed me and allowed me to wake. Then I was blessed again and allowed to take my two youngest girls to a night at the races. Things only became worse when we had to walk through some puddles left over from the rains that had fallen after providing some moisture to the plants that we use to sustain ourselves. The best part of the rain is that it stopped in time for the track to dry and allow us to see the racing that we all love. Today is truly an awful day.
Yes this reply was written with some sarcasm.
Posted via Mobile Device

Charles Nungester 7/22/10 8:11 PM

Track just issued a apology to fans over parking and ground on pa system. What more can they do besides not have a race and have no complaints?

EKracing 7/22/10 8:15 PM

How about waiving 5 freakin buck parking fee so I can buy a 5 dollar soda! That was cool that they apologized so I'm happy now.
Posted via Mobile Device

AustinSprinter 7/22/10 9:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onthegas7j (Post 185251)
be happy you could be stuck in the desert.. just sayin

What da ya call this place....I live in??......I'd call it "The Desert"...hot,dry,dusty.....just here for now!!...........

apexonephoto 7/22/10 9:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purvis (Post 185281)
I have to agree, today is absolutely awful. The sun rose this morning and God blessed me and allowed me to wake. Then I was blessed again and allowed to take my two youngest girls to a night at the races. Things only became worse when we had to walk through some puddles left over from the rains that had fallen after providing some moisture to the plants that we use to sustain ourselves. The best part of the rain is that it stopped in time for the track to dry and allow us to see the racing that we all love. Today is truly an awful day.
Yes this reply was written with some sarcasm.
Posted via Mobile Device

Great points! even cooler you can type all of this on a phone! I had two dirts track races planned for the weekend, and it's looking iffy.
Last time I was at ORP, I walked a lot. It's a big track! I also got a speeding ticket in Michigan on the way down! The last 50 laps got rained out. But it's the last time I got to see Charlie Bradberry (a late model racer) race, before he passed away. A weeknight race is a rare treat up here, something I look forward to, also I know to expect some oddities. I don't agree with the parking fee!

REH24 7/22/10 9:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Nungester (Post 185284)
Track just issued a apology to fans over parking and ground on pa system. What more can they do besides not have a race and have no complaints?

Gee, do you think they also read IOW posts and saw this one?

REH

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by EKracing (Post 185246)
So far my experience tonight at orp sucks. I parked by the drag strip sand trap then walked in deep mud to the ticket booth where I paid 22 bucks for general admission. On top of all this I paid 5 bucks to park and then walk through mud! Orp sucks.
Posted via Mobile Device

Parking fee is nothing new at ORP, they have been charging for parking back in the late 80's or early 90's for events.

REH

bullring 7/23/10 12:48 AM

So it costs $5 to park but you can take in a cooler with pop, beer, and food. Wow. Maybe you should get paid for showing up.

Hubie 7/23/10 12:54 AM

Parking sucked, Silver Crown race was great

very exciting!