IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The Best Fall Open Wheel Races (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=106073)

jim goerge 9/4/18 11:41 PM

Re: The Best Fall Open Wheel Races

Oct 29 30 Little Belle Ville PowrI midgets is a must see for me :8:

revjimk 9/5/18 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim goerge (Post 501494)

I went to that 2 years ago & it was GREAT!
Took the St. Genevieve Ferry across the Mighty Mississippi from Farmington (?) Missouri instead of driving up to St. Louis & back down... that was cool too. I was the only car. It was like something out of Huck Finn: "Flash your lights if ferry is on the other side" ;)

brsteg 9/5/18 10:48 AM

I know it's winged but that All*Star Sprint show at Kokomo is going to be legit I have a feeling.

jim goerge 9/5/18 2:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revjimk (Post 501500)
I went to that 2 years ago & it was GREAT!
Took the St. Genevieve Ferry across the Mighty Mississippi from Farmington (?) Missouri instead of driving up to St. Louis & back down... that was cool too. I was the only car. It was like something out of Huck Finn: "Flash your lights if ferry is on the other side" ;)

I remember talking to you about going both nights in place of going to some winged show and you said you wished you"d listened lol Do both this year!!! ;) :8:

fishnman 9/5/18 2:37 PM

Any remaining race at Kokomo. Plan on attending Harvest cup. Then next night the Last call race at Eldora (Sunday). Kind of off subject but one of the things I miss is the NAMARS Midget shows.

i love dirt track racing 9/5/18 3:55 PM

Our racing family's will be flying to Arizona for the west coast trip. Going to get a van and taking a road trip through the desert and visit some sites and heading to Perris for the nationals. Been on our bucket list for a long time and it's going to happen this year. Have fun and enjoy all the great racing events . Thanks to all the employees and promoters and racing teams that makes this happen for us racing fans. Simply the best. Thanks.

Dirtfan 9/5/18 4:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i love dirt track racing (Post 501527)
Our racing family's will be flying to Arizona for the west coast trip. Going to get a van and taking a road trip through the desert and visit some sites and heading to Perris for the nationals. Been on our bucket list for a long time and it's going to happen this year. Have fun and enjoy all the great racing events . Thanks to all the employees and promoters and racing teams that makes this happen for us racing fans. Simply the best. Thanks.

I wanna go!!

Andrew S. Quinn 9/5/18 4:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim goerge (Post 501494)

Better check those dates or you will be like the Maytag repairman.......

Midgets at Little Belleville,and the 3 hour figure 8 race.

I've done about everything thats been mentioned except for a couple

Dirtfan 9/5/18 4:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn (Post 501529)
Better check those dates or you will be the Maytag repairman.......

Kinda what I thought....

revjimk 9/5/18 5:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim goerge (Post 501523)
I remember talking to you about going both nights in place of going to some winged show and you said you wished you"d listened lol Do both this year!!! ;) :8:

Yea, I went to a NSL (?) race in Farmington Missouri that Friday. It was underwhelming! Unfortunately, I'm around 1,000 miles away now... at my 95 yr. old Mom's in Connecticut. I was on my way back to Colorado that year & planned the drive to hit those races. I'm gonna try moving in with Mom this year, she needs help, is stubborn & doesn't want to go to an "old folks home" .... could be a challenge. My next races will be winged racing in Pennsyltucky, probably won't see any wingless until next spring
But thanks for the advice!