IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Kokomo has it right (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=105491)

brsteg 7/30/18 4:42 PM

Re: Kokomo has it right

I just want to know the rules; and I would be fine with a top 5 rows of the grandstands being reserved seating for ISW.

captrat 7/30/18 5:34 PM

Certain stadium seats are ok; others clearly show little regard for others.

BrentTFunk 7/30/18 6:17 PM

I think David's original point is spot on.. Wednesday on our way to Terre Haute, we stopped in Cloverdale. The couple spotted our shirts, and told us they had just put down blankets at Putnamville. I am sorry, I don't get it. This is a huge seating area, and even with a huge crowd, there were still seats with an unobstructed view. I think the whole blanket thing has gotten totally out of control. Let alone not very inviting to the new faces that our sport needs.

billw 7/30/18 7:07 PM

my only issue with reserved seating is they are usually too small if i get a 24 inch reserved seat im good with it but most are 16-18 inch

JarrettFarms73 7/30/18 9:06 PM

not sure we’re there yet but how much bigger do the crowds need to get before considering banning all coolers from at least the grandstands during ISW? or severely limiting sizes?

ISF 7/30/18 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drummerJ99 (Post 499264)
As someone who's wife has back pain, she loves her stadium seat. I know it'd be more money but i'd personally rather see reserved nicer seating or all seats have back railing/rest.

I'm pretty sure that most, if not all of us, sincerely sympathize with your wife's back pain. However, when the grandstands are at maximum capacity, as they were through ISW, and a stadium seat clearly infringes upon someones space and ability to enjoy the proceedings that they too paid for, such as the case at LPS that I described, then it becomes an issue of concern for the facility and the folks who are being infringed upon. Some of the ISW events required the time spent in the grandstands in order to enjoy the racing to it's completion to be several hours. No one with an ounce of empathy would downplay a situation that involves undo pain and discomfort but obviously that whole deal can go both ways. The stadium seats even present a problem with people making their way from their seats to the aisle due to a lack of adequate space to squeeze by.

Point well taken in regards to reserve seating and seat backs.

WinglessLovers 7/31/18 3:09 PM

A couple quick points or thoughts on reserved seating and grandstand seats with backs. I don't like the idea of reserved seating as it takes away from the opportunity of people being able to get together and sit together unless they invest money well ahead of time to purchase reserved seating . Also reserved seating would add to the already expensive admission and could hurt all of the track owners in the long run because people may pick and choose where to spend their extra money for buying reserved tickets and not go to some of the events. And what's to guarantee that you don't purchase a reserve seat and get stuck behind someone with a stadium seat!!! The second point of grandstand seats with backs is fine on the surface but don't think it is going to happen as track owners are not going to go to the expense of replacing or putting in new seating with backs as the cost would be prohibitive. Just my thoughts.

Bruce Eckel :D

ronmil 7/31/18 3:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinglessLovers (Post 499322)
A couple quick points or thoughts on reserved seating and grandstand seats with backs. I don't like the idea of reserved seating as it takes away from the opportunity of people being able to get together and sit together unless they invest money well ahead of time to purchase reserved seating . Also reserved seating would add to the already expensive admission and could hurt all of the track owners in the long run because people may pick and choose where to spend their extra money for buying reserved tickets and not go to some of the events. And what's to guarantee that you don't purchase a reserve seat and get stuck behind someone with a stadium seat!!! The second point of grandstand seats with backs is fine on the surface but don't think it is going to happen as track owners are not going to go to the expense of replacing or putting in new seating with backs as the cost would be prohibitive. Just my thoughts.

The reserved seats at Haubstadt have backs and are well worth the extra $3.00 each.

brsteg 7/31/18 4:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinglessLovers (Post 499322)

No one is forcing you to buy reserved if it is only a section of the stands that is reserved. It's likely to be more revenue than less; but if you have top 5 rows reserved and you don't sell enough seats year 1, then only sell top 3 rows the next. Each track controls there own facility. Options aren't a bad thing.

Easiest solution to the seat back problem is as suggested early have a section set aside for chairs with backs only. Open seating in a small section; if you are out of it; no chair back chair for you. But folks will tape and mark! Ask the track when and if they allow it and show up early or count on not being able to use the chair back.

It's impossible to make everyone happy; but that's why options are good.

sw1911 7/31/18 4:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brsteg (Post 499329)
No one is forcing you to buy reserved if it is only a section of the stands that is reserved. It's likely to be more revenue than less; but if you have top 5 rows reserved and you don't sell enough seats year 1, then only sell top 3 rows the next. Each track controls there own facility. Options aren't a bad thing.

Easiest solution to the seat back problem is as suggested early have a section set aside for chairs with backs only. Open seating in a small section; if you are out of it; no chair back chair for you. But folks will tape and mark! Ask the track when and if they allow it and show up early or count on not being able to use the chair back.

It's impossible to make everyone happy; but that's why options are good.

As someone always coming from several hundred miles away, I categorically object to marking seats unless reserved seats are available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk