IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Best rumor ever (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=102286)

TKRacing 12/12/17 12:04 PM

Daugherty put on a pretty good ISW show back some years ago. I think even had an IMW date. Would be cool to see sprints back again.

kcarm92 12/12/17 12:38 PM

What's wrong with it being paragon speedway ,since Keith Ford was one of the original promotors that started ISW just putting it out there,

Scooter 12/12/17 12:51 PM

Plymouth would be a perfect venue.

addictedtodirt 12/12/17 12:54 PM

IMS would be a great place to kick off Sprint week and we are lucky to have the possibility of a new track.

Nate 12/12/17 4:07 PM

Re: Best rumor ever

Quote:

Originally Posted by btg1963 (Post 486799)
How about Montpelier if Gas City can't go???

Place is jam packed and parking space is at minimum for a normal USAC show. Cant imagine what it would be like for a ISW show.

brsteg 12/12/17 4:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btg1963 (Post 486799)
How about Montpelier if Gas City can't go???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate (Post 486831)
Place is jam packed and parking space is at minimum for a normal USAC show. Cant imagine what it would be like for a ISW show.

And I don't think the track has any of the locals support by the way it appeared last year at Midget Week. So camping and parking; I don't think the track could handle it.

Stevensville Mike 12/12/17 6:05 PM

On the topic of ISW..... someone brought this up when the schedule came out that USAC rolled ISW back a week and now it does not run parallel to the Doty Classic/King's Royal week/weekend. Liking winged cars or not, there is a high probability that the crowds for ISW will be larger. If seating is tight (i.e. Gas City) it could present a debacle. HOWEVER.... if seating is bountiful (i.e. Plymouth).... well....

We'll see how it plays out this Summer but if the crowds go up, I cannot see how Plymouth Speedway cannot get a strong look by USAC. Plus, it keeps the northern end of the state in the loop. Something USAC has been lacking over the years.

Rich Mersereau 12/12/17 7:20 PM

Mike for President. Great thoughts all around, would love to see Plymouth kick things off.

Dirtfan 12/12/17 9:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcarm92 (Post 486820)
What's wrong with it being paragon speedway ,since Keith Ford was one of the original promotors that started ISW just putting it out there,

Agreed Kenny!

Dirtfan 12/12/17 9:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKRacing (Post 486818)
Daugherty put on a pretty good ISW show back some years ago. I think even had an IMW date. Would be cool to see sprints back again.

I was at Daugherty for their ISW show,good attendance,good car count,so dusty though one couldn't see the cars coming outta turn 4,have no idea how the drivers could see.
I don't remember a Midget Week show there?