Indiana Open Wheel
Page 2 of 3

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Most impresive sprint car new comers this year? (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=5123)

AERO410SCJA 4/30/08 11:12 PM

Re: Most impresive sprint car new comers this year?

I would have to say Jesse Cramer also,he looked good his first time out at North Vernon.

turn4rob 4/30/08 11:23 PM

Nic Faas has been impressive out here on the left coast:applaud:

ROB

dirtyd6305 5/1/08 12:01 AM

Josh Clemmons is doing the most with the least amount of resources. I don't know how much has changed over the off season, but if you would've looked in his trailer last year you would see close to no spares. He is on a shoe string budget, but that kid has always done well in everything he has driven, whether in was in karts or when he was in Focus midgets.

tjtomthumb 5/1/08 5:18 AM

14 year old Caleb Armstrong I heard made his first start in a sprint car last weekend on dirt and looked pretty good. This young man is being tutored by Kevin Besecker in an Armstrong Farms car. He did a super good job at the Chili Bowl this year in a Keith Kunz car I believe making it all the way through to the B-Main his first time ever in a full size midget on dirt. With advice from Besecker and previous Armstrong driver Bryan Clauson and cousin Dakoda, who is only 16 himself and doing a really fine job, look for Caleb to be a quick learner. He does a really great job in the Kenyon Cars. :thumb

dirtfan81 5/1/08 12:01 PM

My first vote would be for cramer! But I was also impressed with Caleb's run last friday, also fitzpatrick has looked pretty good as well.:applaud: Oh and as far as a Sophomore season Jeff Bland Jr all the way.

Eagle14 5/1/08 1:59 PM

Jesse Cramer for sure and yes I am partial, but that's how it goes. A Family friend of mine... but there is plenty of young 10 yr old shoes out there now adays..lol

clark9c 5/1/08 2:09 PM

how about ryan tusing in the sprints at bloomington, he makes the feature first night out and the next feature race to.

Gregg 5/1/08 2:17 PM

Originally Posted by racepix:
Anyone see Jacob Wilson at Winchester? Very impressive!

I'll second that.:thumb

Tripcrwn 5/1/08 2:46 PM

I agree with above posters. Both young Nic Faas and Cody Williams have been very impressive running at the PAS. :greenflag:

maf71 5/1/08 5:00 PM

Shawn Westerfeld only third race in a sprintcar