IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Circle City and DT therapy (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=123354)

Chief Wahoo 6/5/23 10:41 PM

Re: Circle City and DT therapy

They didn’t even run the Crown Vic heats or B until after the midget feature! That’s the only reason why! :14:

racefan20 6/5/23 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo (Post 565326)
They didn’t even run the Crown Vic heats or B until after the midget feature! That’s the only reason why! :14:

Does that really matter?

hoosier race fan 6/5/23 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racefan20 (Post 565327)
Does that really matter?

It does to the families and friends of the crown vic drivers who have to work tomorrow. And the percentage of them who work tomorrow is more than likely higher than what you will find among the midget fan base.

The midgets were the showcase of the event so I don’t have any issue with the order of events. I think the main point is, for a track that has already taken significant criticism from the residents nearby for the noise, racing until 11:30 on a Monday night isn’t going to help quiet those critics. If anything, it opens the door to further complaints and efforts to shut the dirt track down. If fans of any class want this track to continue hosting events like this, time management is essential.

Chief Wahoo 6/5/23 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racefan20 (Post 565327)
Does that really matter?

Ummmm yeah if you’re bragging about them getting done by 10:15, well that’s the reason why. They originally said they were going to run the Crown Vic heats before midget feature. I’m just really happy for all the folks on Eastern time. :6: Hopefully y’all get some better sleep tonight.

racefan20 6/5/23 11:44 PM

I imagine that another reason they ran midgets first is that they are louder. Maybe trying to appease the neighbors a little. It didnt take another hour to run the rest of the show. Why would you think I am bragging?

Rpracing1 6/6/23 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racefan20 (Post 565331)
I imagine that another reason they ran midgets first is that they are louder. Maybe trying to appease the neighbors a little. It didnt take another hour to run the rest of the show. Why would you think I am bragging?

Please……..

Chief Wahoo 6/6/23 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racefan20 (Post 565331)

Yes the Crowns got done around 11:30 give or take a few. I know because I watched it. I’ll take the bragging part back. You simply stated the time the midgets were done. My point is if they ran the program as advertised or announced then it would have been close to 11pm before the midgets were done. Then everyone would be complaining all over again. So let’s move on and enjoy the rest of IMW.:23:

mc/rider 6/6/23 12:14 AM

Logan Seavey put on one of the best drives Ive seen, sadly it didnt pay off :22:

767 6/6/23 7:26 AM

You people b*tch about everything.:15: "Don't run support classes, the show goes to late". They keep the midget portion running, get you out at a good time, and still on here complaining. I can assure you the crown vic guys knew exactly what was going to happen. They are typically at the end of the program. As for them signing in at 7pm.... yes they are mainly blue color workers. They don't get to race for a living. Many of them work in shops across the city that do not close until 5pm. Lastly on the track prep side. This new ownership has had what 4 to 6 races now. O ya lets not forget, they changed the surface over the winter. I think some of you have been hanging out at the big tracks to much. :5:

The Old Coyote 6/6/23 8:46 AM

"...O ya lets not forget, they changed the surface over the winter...."

I haven't been there this year, but it looks like they solved the rock problem! Let me be the first to congratulate and thank them for spending probably a lot of money to address a problem.